Page 80 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 80

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Exercising fasted burns fat. Eating before exercising put your body in the "fuel-first" mode.
    Yes! exactly...

I love kimchi!

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    I've cut back from 6+ cans a day last fall, to around 2-3 cans now (sometimes less), so I'm slowly cutting it out. But, in the scheme of things it's a pretty low priority for me right now. I do drink the diet coke with splenda-don't know if it makes a difference but I like the taste better

The mash is pretty good-you don't really taste the mayo but it sort of binds it together. I put it in a ziplock plastic container and then pull it out of the fridge throughout the day and eat a couple spoonfuls at a time. It's going on 11am and I've only had three spoonfuls so far, after my walk, and there's a lot left for later today. Love the simplicity of it!
    wow it's really great that you are cutting back so much on diet coke. Splenda is stil chemical, so ya, it's not better. But what is better is Zevia... seriously, look it up, try one! I swear by them.
    you can also use them in marinades/bbq sauces (in a reduction) instead of using sugar, agave etc...

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Saw this deal today, Magic Veggie Twister - Mamasource I have something similar and I love it cause I can still have "noodles" thought I'd let you guys know.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm getting back into my rotation after having a (planned) three-Up-Days-in-a-row. Looking forward to my Down Day. I am doing another Fat-Fast Down Day, trying to stick to mostly fats. Next to eating nothing, it seems to be the easiest way to keep my hunger in check (eating a little sets me off). So, my menu is Liverwurst, Cheese, Butter. Little bits cut into even smaller chunks, and eaten slowly, almost like a meditation. I really savor them, and let them melt into my tongue. Eyes closed, of course!

The ease with which I switched back into Down Day mode this morning, after having three Ups in a row, makes me think that this will be a good way of eating when I get to maintenance. I'd love to be in Mom23kids' situation, where I am down to one or two days of fasting each week.

elkay7 is offline Member
    mom23kids & Yoga11 - I quit Diet Coke/diet sodas over a year ago after the news broke on research showing a link between diet soda and strokes and heart attacks. It was really hard to quit. I had a much easier time quitting smoking than Diet Coke. At my worst I was drinking a 2 liter a day. I wish you two luck in cutting back or quitting.

I tried a lot of different things to quit. Water flavoring products (like Mio/Crystal Light- which also have a ton of chemicals in them too. Mio contains stuff in anti-freeze, so I stopped using these types of products), sparkling water and mineral water (which I just don't like the taste of) unsweetened flavored waters, teas, etc. Eventually I found fruit teas I like that don't need sweetened and I like to put lemon or mint (or both) in my water pitcher. There is also a brand of bottled flavored water without sweeteners (Metro Mint) that I liked while transitioning off of Diet Coke. I feel way less jittery just having coffee and tea.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Almost done reading Wheat Belly-dang! I'm on on informational overload right now, need some time to process it all. I am curious about the differences in primal eating vs the diet recommended in WB. Looks pretty similar, except WB advocates unlimited amounts of raw nuts, including cashews, boiled or dry roasted peanuts; seeds and cheese is also recommended, though other dairy is limited, including butter. There's a few other differences too, but overall their pretty similar. A really good book to read, if you haven't already Oh, he also advocates fasting, so bonus points there lol.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-29-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    *~Sara~*

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Saw this deal today, Magic Veggie Twister - Mamasource I have something similar and I love it cause I can still have "noodles" thought I'd let you guys know.

Awesome!
    I use this one...
    Amazon.com: Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable: Home & Kitchen

altho yours is better for smaller sized zucchini I LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    mom23kids & Yoga11 - I quit Diet Coke/diet sodas over a year ago after the news broke on research showing a link between diet soda and strokes and heart attacks. It was really hard to quit. I had a much easier time quitting smoking than Diet Coke. At my worst I was drinking a 2 liter a day. I wish you two luck in cutting back or quitting.

I tried a lot of different things to quit. Water flavoring products (like Mio/Crystal Light- which also have a ton of chemicals in them too. Mio contains stuff in anti-freeze, so I stopped using these types of products), sparkling water and mineral water (which I just don't like the taste of) unsweetened flavored waters, teas, etc. Eventually I found fruit teas I like that don't need sweetened and I like to put lemon or mint (or both) in my water pitcher. There is also a brand of bottled flavored water without sweeteners (Metro Mint) that I liked while transitioning off of Diet Coke. I feel way less jittery just having coffee and tea.
    wow thats so great good for you!
    I don't drink diet soda...
    I mean I don't consider stevia in mineral water diet soda... or Zevia.

I LOVE TEA.. great ideas

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Almost done reading Wheat Belly-dang! I'm on on informational overload right now, need some time to process it all. I am curious about the differences in primal eating vs the diet recommended in WB. Looks pretty similar, except WB advocates unlimited amounts of raw nuts, including cashews, boiled or dry roasted peanuts; seeds and cheese is also recommended, though other dairy is limited, including butter. There's a few other differences too, but overall their pretty similar. A really good book to read, if you haven't already Oh, he also advocates fasting, so bonus points there lol.
    Love that book.
    the only real difference I saw was he likes to use Raw nuts over cooked bc of the Omega 6/3 balance and nutrients.

Also, I think just because he says to it's ok (which is also primal ok) doesn't mean to eat them ALL the time. ya know?

everything in moderation. If I eat too many nuts I do not lose weight. I will maintain, but for weight loss.. no no for me.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Love that book.
    the only real difference I saw was he likes to use Raw nuts over cooked bc of the Omega 6/3 balance and nutrients.

Also, I think just because he says to it's ok (which is also primal ok) doesn't mean to eat them ALL the time. ya know?

everything in moderation. If I eat too many nuts I do not lose weight. I will maintain, but for weight loss.. no no for me.
    Ran to the store and they had raw almonds, so I picked up a pound-will limit it to one serving (1/4 cup) a day, beacuse their a bit pricy! And definitley not dd friendly
    *~Sara~*