Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 79

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Morning everyone! Today's a dd for me and I just made my food for the day-

4 hb eggs
    1/2Tbsp mayo
    4 ounces chicken breast
    Salt and pepper

Mashed it all together to make an egg salad like concoction and will graze on it throughout the day. 514 calories. Then lots of water and diet coke (the last thing in my primal transition to go lol). Exercise today will be a brisk two mile walk this morning and 30 minutes of strength training this afternoon
    *~Sara~*

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    The coconut water was my last minute attempt to curb my hunger. I agree I should ditch it. its on 50 calories but that should be cream instead.

salmon w mayo and parm is a good idea!
    do you know that calorie breakdown of that meal?
    Oven Roasted Salmon with Parmesan-Mayo Crust | she cooks...he cleans
    Should be around 260 cals for a 4 oz filet with 1 tbsp mayo and 1 tbsp Parmesan.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well I can't say my weekend was successful. I over ate on my ud and my moderate day, 2800 cals and 1400 cals in that order. I'm 1.8 lbs up from my Thursday weight so come this Thursday ( 4 weeks on ADF) ill need to have dropped that and some to show any progress for the week. Today is a dd and I'm glad for it, in a lot of ways it feels cleansing!

Everyone keep keepin on!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Morning everyone! Today's a dd for me and I just made my food for the day-

4 hb eggs
    1/2Tbsp mayo
    4 ounces chicken breast
    Salt and pepper

Mashed it all together to make an egg salad like concoction and will graze on it throughout the day. 514 calories. Then lots of water and diet coke (the last thing in my primal transition to go lol). Exercise today will be a brisk two mile walk this morning and 30 minutes of strength training this afternoon
    I like your egg.chicken mash to eat through the day!
    just fyi... Whole foods makes "Zevia" which is a stevia soda! and it's REALLY good. I like the ginger ale, cream soda and grape. You can order online and they are completely natural and made with STEVIA! give it a try it's a step away from aspartame. Altho, I would look at it as a way to keep drinking soda... wouldn't it be nice to just to detox from sodas period. ya know>? I have one once every few days.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Well I can't say my weekend was successful. I over ate on my ud and my moderate day, 2800 cals and 1400 cals in that order. I'm 1.8 lbs up from my Thursday weight so come this Thursday ( 4 weeks on ADF) ill need to have dropped that and some to show any progress for the week. Today is a dd and I'm glad for it, in a lot of ways it feels cleansing!

Everyone keep keepin on!
    I read on another thread that on your DD you should wake up and try to exercise before you eat anything on your DD and it will speed up releasing the water retention that is being held from the overeating on the UD. Let us know what happens tomorrow morning!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Exercising fasted burns fat. Eating before exercising put your body in the "fuel-first" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    I like your egg.chicken mash to eat through the day!
    just fyi... Whole foods makes "Zevia" which is a stevia soda! and it's REALLY good. I like the ginger ale, cream soda and grape. You can order online and they are completely natural and made with STEVIA! give it a try it's a step away from aspartame. Altho, I would look at it as a way to keep drinking soda... wouldn't it be nice to just to detox from sodas period. ya know>? I have one once every few days.
    I've cut back from 6+ cans a day last fall, to around 2-3 cans now (sometimes less), so I'm slowly cutting it out. But, in the scheme of things it's a pretty low priority for me right now. I do drink the diet coke with splenda-don't know if it makes a difference but I like the taste better

The mash is pretty good-you don't really taste the mayo but it sort of binds it together. I put it in a ziplock plastic container and then pull it out of the fridge throughout the day and eat a couple spoonfuls at a time. It's going on 11am and I've only had three spoonfuls so far, after my walk, and there's a lot left for later today. Love the simplicity of it!
    *~Sara~*

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I used to make a chicken breast salad that was equal parts of kimchi and chicken breast by weight, with mayo mixed in, chopped nice and fine in the food processor. It is very moist.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I used to make a chicken breast salad that was equal parts of kimchi and chicken breast by weight, with mayo mixed in, chopped nice and fine in the food processor. It is very moist.
    off to google what kimchi is lol.
    *~Sara~*

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Uggg, I developed a stomach ache yesterday early afternoon and it hasn't gone away yet. I stayed home from work just because it only feels better if I walk around or lay down...sitting makes it worse and unfortunately that's sort of my job, lol.

It's a down day for me. I boiled up a bunch of eggs yesterday, so I may do the egg salad thing too. I also have a Mahi Mahi filet thawed and need to cook that...though it already may be too late. I bought it frozen on Saturday, but it went straight into my refrigerator and was thawed already by yesterday. Should have cooked it yesterday, but didn't. The eggs actually sound better right now anyway.

So far today I've had water and beef broth. I am starting to get hungry, but can't decide what to eat, and know that the wrong thing will make the stomach worse. I'm pretty sure it's related to my gastroparesis....I've been eating a lot of raw veggies and fruit, and especially Saturday when I bought a bag of baby carrots....I'm supposed to cook all the veggies. Sigh. I haven't had any trouble for such a long time, I thought I might be safe.

So, I'm thinking probably the eggs are safer at this point than possibly too old fish.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter