Page 78 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 78

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    That's sort of what I do. So, my last food today was at 5:30 pm, so tomorrow is my down day....I'll eat only 500-600 calories for the whole day (most of those towards the middle to end of the day) and won't eat again until around 5:00 am on Tuesday.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    It's just every other day, I don't count the hours. I don't think it matters, just one 500 cal day where you can eat those cals in one sitting or spread them out the day. And one high calorie starting from the time you wake up till the time u go to bed.

So Saturday was my up day and I had over 2800 calories( it's supposed to be 2100). Lots of guacamole and grilled meat! And much to my husbands joy, 1 s'more. He thinks I'm too strict and I should relax about food every once in awhile. Well it wasn't even that good and the marshmallow was so sickly sweet it hurt my teeth. Blah! So scale was def up this morning but was expected since I went over my cals. Today was my moderate day so as to not mess up my m-w-f schedule. I had 1300 calories today, curious what the scale will say tomorrow.
    Last edited by vlo1125; 04-28-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzebelle View Post
    Are you doing 24 or 36 hour DD's. I get so confused when I hear people listing everyday. For example today started my down day then I push through til Tuesday morning. Is that what everyone does? Or am I doing something wrong?
    I'm in maintenance and do not follow adf anymore, but instead do a more laid back version with two dds a week/five up days. I lost my extra weight with adf though I do not follow strict eating windows on either uds or dds. However, I have a strict rule of no eating after 7pm, because I used to have a very bad late night snacking habit, and the 7pm cut off has totally eliminated this. I eat in the morning when hungry-could be 8am, could be 11am. Just depends on my mood!

JUDDD/ADF does not follow any kind of 'hour rule'-it's by days. So on a dd you eat your 500 (or less) calories, anytime from 12am-11:59pm on that day. Some people like to spread out their calories throughout the day, while others focus on one larger meal at supper time. Same with uds.

Think of Intermittent Fasting (IF) as an umbrella, with several plans underneath it:
    -JUDDD/ADF-alternate day IF, which follows an every other day pattern
    -5:2 plan-just like JUDDD/ADF, but with fewer dds-still follows an every other day pattern
    -eating windows-most commonly the 5 hour/19 hour window, or the 8 hour/16 hour window.

They're all considered IF, but are a bit different from each other.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-28-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    *~Sara~*

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Alright, I'm really not getting the hang of "down days"
    Today was my 2nd DD... and I think the problem is...
    I feel like I can't eat "fat" because I'll not have anything to eat!
    I try to stretch my calories (500) with veggies.
    I ended up eating turkey, slices of bell pepper, green onions, spinach, tomato sauce, and
    a small amount of yam, coconut water (I cracked open the coconut myself). I ended up eating 640 calories again.
    I'm just SO HUNGRY. It's because I'm not having any fat.

I don't know how to get the fat in with it being a big enough "meal" to hold me over.I guess I don't need a big
    meal I just need to find something that will make me feel fed...

I need some suggestions for meals on down days. stat!!

thanks

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well for one I'd ditch the coconut water on a dd, one should never drink their calories when they only got 500 to spare. (Unlesd you drink something high in fat)You may want to try to have most of your calories come from one meal. When I first started I tried to spread it out and it was miserable and I was super hungry. Now that I only eat dinner I can have a nice piece of salmon topped with mayo ( home made)and parm and a cup of buttered veggies. Most days it's very filling and I go to bed satisfied.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Happy Hippo is offline Junior Member
    Yoga11 try some eggs- hardboiled, soft boiled. With salt and pepper. One egg is 70 cal. So I usually get 3 at dinner. And rest of mu cal. Is cream , yogurt and veg.

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Well for one I'd ditch the coconut water on a dd, one should never drink their calories when they only got 500 to spare. (Unlesd you drink something high in fat)You may want to try to have most of your calories come from one meal. When I first started I tried to spread it out and it was miserable and I was super hungry. Now that I only eat dinner I can have a nice piece of salmon topped with mayo ( home made)and parm and a cup of buttered veggies. Most days it's very filling and I go to bed satisfied.
    The coconut water was my last minute attempt to curb my hunger. I agree I should ditch it. its on 50 calories but that should be cream instead.

salmon w mayo and parm is a good idea!
    do you know that calorie breakdown of that meal?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hippo View Post
    Yoga11 try some eggs- hardboiled, soft boiled. With salt and pepper. One egg is 70 cal. So I usually get 3 at dinner. And rest of mu cal. Is cream , yogurt and veg.
    that will be my next attempt.

p.s. I LOVE YOUR NAME! HAPPY HIPPO!

elkay7 is offline Member
    yoga11 - I drink a LOT of tea (herbal mostly) on DDs without any sweeteners. It helps a lot with fullness, kind of tastes like food, & keeps my mouth occupied during former meal times. I also try to eat really fibrous veggies so the full feeling lasts longer. I also try to get a good bit of protein to feel full too. This lemon tuna salad I came up with is 72 calories.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    First of all, I'm always low carb because I'm extremely carb sensitive, and I need that for appetite control.

On my DDs, I eat almost exclusively protein (tuna, egg whites, bison) because that controls my appetite much more than fat--AND I believe it's essential to provide the body with sufficient protein. I also find that hot tea and homemade bone broth really help suppress appetite. It may not sound good, but I've found that a little ACV and some hot sauce in my broth (almost a hot and sour soup flavor) is an amazing appetite suppressant. I've often had a cup about 5 pm, and nothing else until bedtime.

I tend to be a 'morning person,' and often have most of the DD calories before noon. At first, I worried that I would be too hungry later in the day, but I leave myself an extra 50 cal (for an egg white omelet) if I need it later on. Often I don't need those additional calories.