Page 77 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 77

Lilac is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Good morning! I survived my first down day yesterday. Woke up this morning 1.8 pounds lighter. It will be interesting to see how much goes back on after this weekend, since I have two UD's in a row. I did my strength workout this morning fasted. I was surprised that I wasn't starving when I got back home. Made sausage, scrambled eggs with cheese, and some roasted turnips for breakfast and I'm stuffed.

Yoga - I think a deck of cards is usually equivalent to 3 oz of meat. As for a serving, I usually have about 6-8 ounces of meat with dinner. Sometimes less, just depends on how hungry I am and what else I am having.

Veronica - hope your UD today is better than yesterday!

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Congrats on the DROP! to your new low weight!

as for the "fun day" Well, as long as it's not all the time, it's all good. I've been primal for a long time and if I crave pizza i'll make a primal style pizza (1 almond flour, 1 eggs, 1/2 parmesan, seasons, 2 tablespoons of chicken broth or cream bake on parchment paper) makes great dough and it's SUPER filling AND you aren't going completely off primal. I could actually send you the actual recipe.

I'm SO HAPPY TO WAKE UP TO AN UP DAY! I'm starving.. making bacon right now...

a lot of people talk about protein in oz or grams... I have no idea what 20 grams of meat looks like. How much protein is too much at one meal or in a day? deck of card sized for every meal? so I don't binge on protein on my UD
    I actually am not a big pizza fan but we went to the inlaws to work on our sailboat and it was a quick Little Caesars supper kind of deal. It didn't even taste that great sigh...
    *~Sara~*

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Good morning! I survived my first down day yesterday. Woke up this morning 1.8 pounds lighter. It will be interesting to see how much goes back on after this weekend, since I have two UD's in a row. I did my strength workout this morning fasted. I was surprised that I wasn't starving when I got back home. Made sausage, scrambled eggs with cheese, and some roasted turnips for breakfast and I'm stuffed.

Yoga - I think a deck of cards is usually equivalent to 3 oz of meat. As for a serving, I usually have about 6-8 ounces of meat with dinner. Sometimes less, just depends on how hungry I am and what else I am having.

Veronica - hope your UD today is better than yesterday!
    Congrats on the drop!!
    *~Sara~*

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Well I am up almost 2 pounds from yesterday after MY pizza fest, lol. It was to be expected, but I still don't like it. I had that really uncomfortable stuffed feeling all day, even loooonnnnnngggg after I ate the thing.

Today is a down day and I haven't been that hungry (surprisingly after yesterday), so I've just had two cups of coffee with cream in each. I'm trying to wait until 4 to eat dinner but may have to use some of my remaining calories for a little snack.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    today is an up day. I did start to calorie count, because I made the mistake of getting on the scale. I had NOT done that for over a year. I've been 90% paleo since sept, and I weight 3 pounds more than i did when I started!!
    CRAP!! I really wish I hadnt weighed myself. I hate the scale, see, I was feeling good until i got on the thing, now Im having a sad day!

This is why I left it alone for so long, it can rule my life.

I ate about 600 cal on my dd. is that too much? should i really try for 500?

I have 23 pounds to lose. Will this work for me? I am very muscular. Im feeling disappointed and scared that now that I am menopaused I may never lose another pound!!!

I also worry that JUDDD isnt healthy for me, and my body will just hold on to what I have.

Im probably freaking for nothing, and you all will tell me to give it some time? So far I have 2 up days and 2 dd into this thing, and listen to me whine!

A big Canadian sorry, and an even bigger thanks for allowing me to vent my fears rational or not
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

No worries TerriAnn! I'm menopausal and have lost over 6 pounds just from alternate day fasting (started on March 30). I never thought anything would work ever again, and I've been so happy that something finally has. Mind you, I am lost a respectable average of 2 pounds per week in my first three weeks. This last week not so much, but that's also because I tried a couple of new things, potatoes being one of them, and then ate two very non-primal things yesterday, so I'm not surprised at the lack of weight loss this week.

Even though your weighing discouraged you, it's actually nice that you have a base weight so you'll know exactly how much progress you'll make with JUDDD.

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member
    Survived my first DD, which ended yesterday. Checked the scale and there was a 5 lb drop! Yay! My UD was pretty successful, not 100% sure if I got all my calories in or not seeing I ate out at a place that didn't have online nutrition info so it was hard to plan accordingly. Today starts the 36 hour DD, it seems like the day goes sooooo slow when your not eating much. Tried coconut butter for the first time yesterday... Man is that stuff good!

Should I be watching how much fat and protein I'm taking in or not even worry about it? Yesterday I had 70 grams of fat and 111 of protein... Too much? Just right? Or not enough? I avoid dairy, all grains, very limited sugar and carbs. No caffeine either. I don't care for nuts. So it can be hard to get all the calories in if I limit fat and protein.

I wouldn't worry too much about how much of things just yet. Give it a few days and it might level out by itself. I need to get my fat intake back up a bit myself.

~~

Went down a bit in weight, but not back to my low yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Today I helped with a church sponsored community project for a few hours. I had a nice big breakfast then met a good friend (who recruited me, lol) for coffee. Our job was to tape lines for a painting project. Two people measured and snapped lines and we followed with various widths of tape. There were several hundred people there today doing various jobs at a local neglected school. Felt good to get out and serve again.

So happy today is an up day, but because I was busy this morning, I wasn't that hungry. Still I've managed to do alright, lol.

This weekend was not primal friendly-a wedding reception and dinner at the in-laws messed me up :/ Ah well-tomorrow is my first primal dd and I'm really excited to see how it goes!
    *~Sara~*

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    This weekend was not primal friendly-a wedding reception and dinner at the in-laws messed me up :/ Ah well-tomorrow is my first primal dd and I'm really excited to see how it goes!
    Are you doing 24 or 36 hour DD's. I get so confused when I hear people listing everyday. For example today started my down day then I push through til Tuesday morning. Is that what everyone does? Or am I doing something wrong?