Page 76 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 76

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm the one who has been trying two down days in a row followed by a double-up day. The last double-up day I ate an enormous amount of food that I was unable to track. These past two down days I ate mostly seafood and raw salad vegetables in one meal in the evening, in an effort to consume most of my daily protein needs. They were the easiest DDs yet.

Today, instead of starting with fruit, I had a 9oz steak, 4 egg yolks, and vegetables lunch. I think planning a high protein and fat meal at lunchtime would be the key to making this work. I may be making sushi tonight and eating fruit as part of a high carb evening.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Mom23kids,

Hows it going? you on day 2 of full Primal! are you on a UD or DD?

Everyone,
    what have u all been eating today??

Today is day three of the primal switch and so far so good! My only mess ups so far have been a half of a plain donut and then 3 ounces of cashews, which I guess technically aren't primal- but they were a better choice than the Doritos I almost got, so I'm counting that as a primal victory anyways

As for my 5:2 plan, well that got messed up this week. Normally my dds are Mondays and Thursdays, but I did the potato hack on Monday and Tuesday, switched to primal on Wednesday, made yesterday a normal day with the plan of making today my second dd of the week, but then got sick/no appetite and it ended up being a 1,000 calorie kind of day, plus a generous dose of Nyquil to wrap things up :/

Woke up this morning to a 1.5lb drop and new low of 127lbs, which is the low end of my maintenance range. Because of the low calorie day yesterday and the new low weight I've decided to just skip my second dd this week and focus on the primal transition over the next few days. But, I'll be back on schedule on Monday I also am supposed to be in maintenance now and don't want to lose any more weight-need to figure out how to balance primal with 5:2 and maintenance. I thought about trying one dd a week instead of two, but then I may lose some of the health benefits of IF. The co-author of Dr. Mosley's book had to do this because she kept losing weight, so I'll just see how it goes. My absolute lowest weight that I would feel comfortable with is 125lbs, which isn't too far off from where I am right now. JUDDD/ 5:2 works to well lol.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-26-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    *~Sara~*

Lilac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

Looking forward to having some primal pumpkin 'pie'(no crust, maple syrup for the sweetener, guess it is really a custard, not pie) I made yesterday. I'm going to have it as part of my breakfast: eggs, bacon, greens, pumpkin. What could be better?!
    Care to share the recipes for the pumpkin 'pie'? Sounds delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Alright it's my first down day today! kind of nervous.
    I'm going to eat

hardboiled egg 80cal
    yam 160cal
    spinach raw 7cal
    1/2 chicken breast 150cal
    Mushrooms 22cal
    tomato 25cal
    parmesan (on tomato) 50 cal

thats 494 calories total...

would you guys make any adjustments?
    My first down day today too! Your menu looks great. I had two hard boiled eggs (well, I turned them into deviled eggs with a little bit of mayo) for lunch a few minutes ago and hoping that holds me over until dinner tonight which is fish and a salad.

I'm a daily weigher and I must admit I was a little scared to step on the scale this morning after my 2300 calorie up day yesterday, but I was down .4 pounds so that made me happy. I also had a great workout last night and slept like a baby. The best part, for sure, was the strawberries + heavy whipping cream + dark chocolate that I had for dessert last night. Seriously decadent.

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the welcome 252dlp.
    Today is my 2nd dd. I had a 1 hour walk, and 35 min weight train this morning, in a fasted state.
    I had chicken salad and hard egg for lunch.Dinner will be modified butter chicken recipe over.........um....nothing
    I havent drank much water because i dont want to tease my stomach.

On an up day to get in enough calories. I will drink loads of grass fed dairy cream over my berries. No problem to get it all in.

I looked for some dd ideas yesterday. Can tuna, shrimp, lobster tail when on sale, sardines. what's other protein?

Like some of you other women, I have dd as mon, wed, and friday, I was going to treat both sat and sun as ud? thoughts?

Thanks, great to be able to go somewhere and share this new stuff. I believe this will work. On many levels.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    I looked for some dd ideas yesterday. Can tuna, shrimp, lobster tail when on sale, sardines. what's other protein?
    I've been doing a lot of fish frozen in individual portions. Yesterday evening I had swai, salmon, and shrimp with tomato and lettuce - one meal for the day, meeting my target protein intake, which keeps me from having a crazy protein binge on my UD.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    UGHHH!! i over ate on my (first) DD attempt. hahaha

I had it all planned and then I GOT STARVING! GURL needed to eat!
    I just have an extra piece of chicken, and some fresh coconut water.. literally, I cracked open the coconut.

so I'm at about 650 instead on 500.

I'm admitting now so I don't repeat this on my next DD.

but you guys and gals.. I"M SO HUNGRY!!! what do I do?

drink warm broth?

It gets easier, really. You will get used to the routine.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Oy vey I had the busiest day ever! I was starved! I didn't get home till 7:15 and finally ate dinner at 7:30pm. My husband tried to tell me he hadn't had dinner And I almost bit his head off! I was like no, I dont want to hear that your hungry.....I AM HUNGRY! And worst part is Im Still hungry even after eating.

I just need to go to bed and put this crap dd behind me! Goodnight!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Yes, dds do get better! I've been doing them for around six months now and I look forward to them now- I love the simplicity of them, as well as the extra energy I usually get

Well last night was an epic primal fail-ate pizza, breadsticks and a fun sized payday candy bar for supper I did have a salad too, but it had croutons on it doh! Ah well, I've just started the transition and have already made some really good changes, so moving onto a new day!
    *~Sara~*

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Yes, dds do get better! I've been doing them for around six months now and I look forward to them now- I love the simplicity of them, as well as the extra energy I usually get

Well last night was an epic primal fail-ate pizza, breadsticks and a fun sized payday candy bar for supper I did have a salad too, but it had croutons on it doh! Ah well, I've just started the transition and have already made some really good changes, so moving onto a new day!
    Congrats on the DROP! to your new low weight!

as for the "fun day" Well, as long as it's not all the time, it's all good. I've been primal for a long time and if I crave pizza i'll make a primal style pizza (1 almond flour, 1 eggs, 1/2 parmesan, seasons, 2 tablespoons of chicken broth or cream bake on parchment paper) makes great dough and it's SUPER filling AND you aren't going completely off primal. I could actually send you the actual recipe.

I'm SO HAPPY TO WAKE UP TO AN UP DAY! I'm starving.. making bacon right now...

a lot of people talk about protein in oz or grams... I have no idea what 20 grams of meat looks like. How much protein is too much at one meal or in a day? deck of card sized for every meal? so I don't binge on protein on my UD
    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-27-2013 at 08:26 AM.