Page 75 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 75

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Ya, I also thought maybe sprinting on DD is good because I can wake up and EAT!! lol. I'm usually hungry the next day anyways after training.
    You can defnitley work out on dds-many start to have more energy on their dds On Mondays I'll be doing my 700-900 calorie mid days (md), and I usually walk two miles briskly, plus I've started doing Mark Lauren's strength training program, which I do M/T/FR. I have had no problems.doing it on a lower calorie day

Well last night I felt uber crappy-bad cold symptoms that wiped me out! My up day ended up being only around 1,000 calories. This paired with my second primal day of no grains, minimal sugar etc, gave me a weigh in of 127lbs this morning, which is a 1.5lb loss from yesterday and a new low-dang!! I'm now at the low end of my maintenance range. Because of this I've decided to do an ud today, thoughh I'm still pretty congested so it might be another lower calorie day.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-26-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I finished off my protein-focused Down Day with a bowl of greens and bacon. So, a little over calorie-wise, but not bad. (Fish&fat three times, then the greens = 550K)

It was not as easy as the fat-focused Down Day. I think I will try that again.

But not on Saturday, because I am going to Germanfest. I'm going to stay primal, but I am NOT worrying about making it a Down Day. I'll just have three Ups in a row. I don't want to switch days, because my Honey and I are on the same schedule. He will be at home, refraining from wurst and cheese, poor guy!

Looking forward to having some primal pumpkin 'pie'(no crust, maple syrup for the sweetener, guess it is really a custard, not pie) I made yesterday. I'm going to have it as part of my breakfast: eggs, bacon, greens, pumpkin. What could be better?!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    An up day for me today. I finally got a little sleep last night...it's been 3 weeks of no sleep for me and it was starting to get ridiculous, lol. I think today will be a good up day...I'm focusing more on fat to get my calories up a bit. And, if they are able to do it, my employer is getting the three of us Celiac's some gluten-free pizza for the office pizza party, so that will help with th ecalories.

Umm, Sabine that 'pie' sounds good!!!

It's interesting about the discussion of working out on DDs...I AM finding that I have a lot of energy on DDs, and actually WANT to work out then, lol. I feel almost sluggish on the UPs.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    The thing with JUDDD/5:2/IF, is that research is coming out with some pretty astounding health benefit claims. Dr. Mosley's book goes into this in some depth and for me, I do it for the health benefits now. I also love the way I feel on my dds-lots of energy, a calmness of mind etc. There's a lot more going on here, than just weight loss
    I started his book last night and I'm really finding it interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    Hi All, This is my first post. Yesterday was my first dd. it went well. I ate my 500 cal in 2 meals, A.M. and dinner. I went to bed hungry, but it came and went. like waves. Today is my first ud. Im not sure I got in enough calories. I guess i will have to start looking at calories. Im not big on numbers. Havent been on the scale in a year or more. I think I weigh about 160. My goals are clothing articles. im wearing all except a pair of size 6 lucky jeans, those are my goal pants.
    I read most of the pages and have a pretty good feel for what we are doing. im happy to be joining you all
    Welcome TerriAnn! I wouldn't necessarily worry about counting calories just yet...give it a few days and just eat when you are hungry and enough to be satisfied on your UPs. After a few days your appetite may adjust a bit. Having said that, my calories are still fairly low on my UDs after four weeks, so I'm trying to do some adjusting today to get them up a bit. The "problem" (Ha!) I'm having is that I'm just not hungry on UDs.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Well last night I felt uber crappy-bad cold symptoms that wiped me out! My up day ended up being only around 1,000 calories. This paired with my second primal day of no grains, minimal sugar etc, gave me a weigh in of 127lbs this morning, which is a 1.5lb loss from yesterday and a new low-dang!! I'm now at the low end of my maintenance range. Because of this I've decided to do an ud today, thoughh I'm still pretty congested so it might be another lower calorie day.
    Hoping you feel better soon!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    An up day for me today. I finally got a little sleep last night...it's been 3 weeks of no sleep for me and it was starting to get ridiculous, lol. I think today will be a good up day...I'm focusing more on fat to get my calories up a bit. And, if they are able to do it, my employer is getting the three of us Celiac's some gluten-free pizza for the office pizza party, so that will help with th ecalories.

Umm, Sabine that 'pie' sounds good!!!

It's interesting about the discussion of working out on DDs...I AM finding that I have a lot of energy on DDs, and actually WANT to work out then, lol. I feel almost sluggish on the UPs.

I started his book last night and I'm really finding it interesting!

Welcome TerriAnn! I wouldn't necessarily worry about counting calories just yet...give it a few days and just eat when you are hungry and enough to be satisfied on your UPs. After a few days your appetite may adjust a bit. Having said that, my calories are still fairly low on my UDs after four weeks, so I'm trying to do some adjusting today to get them up a bit. The "problem" (Ha!) I'm having is that I'm just not hungry on UDs.

Hoping you feel better soon!
    Thanks! I would blame it on 'carb flu' but my daught has it too. Plus I have a sore throat, so pretty sure it's a cold bug.
    *~Sara~*

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Well, I couldn't find the soup recipe, but I'll keep looking, lol.
    If you're still looking, I think this is the one.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    If you're still looking, I think this is the one.
    YES, that's it!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking forward to my DD today. It's so much easier not worrying about what you need to eat.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Alright it's my first down day today! kind of nervous.
    I'm going to eat

hardboiled egg 80cal
    yam 160cal
    spinach raw 7cal
    1/2 chicken breast 150cal
    Mushrooms 22cal
    tomato 25cal
    parmesan (on tomato) 50 cal

thats 494 calories total...

would you guys make any adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Alright it's my first down day today! kind of nervous.
    I'm going to eat

hardboiled egg 80cal
    yam 160cal
    spinach raw 7cal
    1/2 chicken breast 150cal
    Mushrooms 22cal
    tomato 25cal
    parmesan (on tomato) 50 cal

thats 494 calories total...

would you guys make any adjustments?
    looks good to me!
    *~Sara~*

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Mom23kids,

Hows it going? you on day 2 of full Primal! are you on a UD or DD?

Everyone,
    what have u all been eating today??