Page 74 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 74

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    One more thing: I want to keep my UD's and DD's the same every week (M-W-F DD, T-TH-Sa, UD). For those who do the same thing, it seems like there are two schools of thought: treat Sunday as an UD (so two UDs in a row), or treat Sunday as a MD (moderate day), somewhere in between UD and DD calories. What does everyone do here?
    I was just thing about experimenting with that this weekend because I prefer my dd's to be m-w-f cause those are the days I'm running around and keep busy. So Friday is my dd, Saturday is my ud and I was thinking about eating 1285 cals on Sunday which is half of my combined cals for a ud and dd. my only concern with this is....will my dd come Monday be extra hard because 1. I had two higher cal days in a row and 2. Because Sunday's cals will be half of what a normal ud cals are? Idk but ill try it and tell you guys how it goes.

All the new peeps welcome to the dark side.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Is it ok to do some sprinting on DDs?

JUDDD says this is a life style... but I don't want it to be...
    should I not do it then? haha

I just want to do it to lose weight.. it's not a forever way of eating for me, BUT primal is
    I loved JUDDD for weight loss, but now that I'm in maintenance I do a modified version of 5:2- Mondays are 700-900 calorie days and Thursdays are 500 calorie days. The other five days I eat as I want and don't count anything. The thing with JUDDD/5:2/IF, is that research is coming out with some pretty astounding health benefit claims. Dr. Mosley's book goes into this in some depth and for me, I do it for the health benefits now. I also love the way I feel on my dds-lots of energy, a calmness of mind etc. There's a lot more going on here, than just weight loss

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    I was just thing about experimenting with that this weekend because I prefer my dd's to be m-w-f cause those are the days I'm running around and keep busy. So Friday is my dd, Saturday is my ud and I was thinking about eating 1285 cals on Sunday which is half of my combined cals for a ud and dd. my only concern with this is....will my dd come Monday be extra hard because 1. I had two higher cal days in a row and 2. Because Sunday's cals will be half of what a normal ud cals are? Idk but ill try it and tell you guys how it goes.

All the new peeps welcome to the dark side.

I'm totally interested in this! I agree m-w-f are easier for DD bc it's already a running around day
    let us know how it works!!

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    I have been to wedding and ate "Primal" with out any issues - it's a matter of :
    1. Eating a light "Primal" snack before going (so you don't get hungry/tempted to eat stuff you're trying to avoid)
    2 Choosing what you're willing to eat at the dinner - eg maybe don't eat the dinner roll/s.
    3. No one is forced to eat wedding cake or a 'bad' dessert at a wedding - I had the cake's REAL cream with cup/s of black coffee - others had the cake and everyone was happy.
    Thanks for the input I really do want that cake lol, but I agree-going to skip the bread basket and focus on the meat and veggies. Good idea about the snack beforehand-wedding is at 4 and the reception is at 6, which means we probably won't eat till 7ish. Maybe I'll bring something and eat it when we have to kill time in between. The reception is at a really nice country club, so the food will be top of the line-really hoping for steak

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Lucy~ you're on synthyroid too right? How's progress been so far with ADF? I find myself amazed at how I'm losing with no thyroid!
    Nah, I am on tertroxin - I was resistant to regular synthroid type meds. I tried 16:8 fasting once before, when I was still on the t4 meds, and it didn't work. But yes, I am actually amazed to be losing weight!

So far yes - 3kg in 1 months, and that was on a 5:2. I just this week changed to 4:3, ts too early to tell with that.

Are you losing weight on less DDs?
    Woops, I meant to quote this in my previous post

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Hi All, This is my first post. Yesterday was my first dd. it went well. I ate my 500 cal in 2 meals, A.M. and dinner. I went to bed hungry, but it came and went. like waves. Today is my first ud. Im not sure I got in enough calories. I guess i will have to start looking at calories. Im not big on numbers. Havent been on the scale in a year or more. I think I weigh about 160. My goals are clothing articles. im wearing all except a pair of size 6 lucky jeans, those are my goal pants.
    I read most of the pages and have a pretty good feel for what we are doing. im happy to be joining you all

I live in ontario canada, and am a mid aged woman with 4 sons. I exercise a lot. Naturally mostly- walking trail, hiking, gardening. go to the gym 3x a week, and weight train
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Is it ok to do some sprinting on DDs?
    I would think so. I am going to try it tomorrow on my down day. I've heard exercising spares muscle and increases fat oxidation. But then again everything is n=1 and you'll have to find what works for you.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    I would think so. I am going to try it tomorrow on my down day. I've heard exercising spares muscle and increases fat oxidation. But then again everything is n=1 and you'll have to find what works for you.
    Ya, I also thought maybe sprinting on DD is good because I can wake up and EAT!! lol. I'm usually hungry the next day anyways after training.