Page 73 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 73

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So on an up day I should aim for like 120g? That might be doable.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Ugb, my dd has been home for two days from school sick, and this afternoon it hit me No appetite so I skipped supper. Around 1,000 calories for an up day- not good. Have to think about how I want to handle tomorrow, which is supposed to be my second dd of the week.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-25-2013 at 03:37 PM.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    One more thing: I want to keep my UD's and DD's the same every week (M-W-F DD, T-TH-Sa, UD). For those who do the same thing, it seems like there are two schools of thought: treat Sunday as an UD (so two UDs in a row), or treat Sunday as a MD (moderate day), somewhere in between UD and DD calories. What does everyone do here?
    I'm doing something similar - I fast Mon, Tuesday, Friday, more following the Michael Mosely Fast Diet, with an extra day, than JUDD. I aim for 500cal on fast days, and tend to eat 1800-1900 on up days.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    So on an up day I should aim for like 120g? That might be doable.
    I would try that for a few cycles and see how it goes.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys,

I have been doing alternate day fasting...............
    Here's the catch, the only way I was able to do it was if I didn't eat anything on down days at all. It was WAY easier to do a complete fast than to eat a small 400 calorie meal. That small of a meal actually made me hungry.
    Is this ok? I find that I am not hungry AT ALL when I am doing down days.
    I don't do ADF but do 16/8 (or there abouts), 1 or 2 of 24hrs a week, and maybe a 48hr+ every couple of months (last one was about 53 hours - easy). I agree that's its much easier to eat nothing (just drink water etc), rather than a small amount in the day (eg 500cal - anyway i don't see this as fasting - but painful calorie restriction). Eating a small amount kick starts my appetite, but eating nothing doesn't, so its easier - drinking a black coffee and staying 'active' physically and/or mentally to the key to easy fasting for me

Is this ok? I find that I am not hungry AT ALL when I am doing down days. I find that a little weird. Even on the up day, I find that I don't want to eat until late afternoon which ends up meaning that I fast for like 44 hours without eating. Is this ok? It feels pretty natural. I'm not white knuckling it at all. Is this weird? I'm not going to like ruin my metabolism or have my muscles waste away am I? I haven't weighed myself yet, I am only weighing once a week. But I am pretty sure I am losing weight because my clothes are feeling looser.
    It sounds Ok to me - especially if you have some excess body fat to loose (My BF % is now low, but I feel good with this eating experiment, if anything I have gained some muscle and strength during this calorie deficit). Remember you're in a calorie eating deficit, then extra energy is coming from the 'melting/consuming' body fat (part of the reason you're not hungry), make sure you get a little protein when you eat (eg 2/3 eggs,some salad with cheese, nuts, and/or meat etc).

From all reports, muscle wont be lost in short IF's (especially if 'fat adapted'), as only a little protein seems to be needed. Looser clothes - you are loosing fat for sure, if you can push the same weights or more, in the gym then your probably are not loosing muscle. Though it can seem 'weird' to feel good during fasting; If you look/feel good/energetic/strong then it sounds like you're doing very well.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    I'm doing something similar - I fast Mon, Tuesday, Friday, more following the Michael Mosely Fast Diet, with an extra day, than JUDD. I aim for 500cal on fast days, and tend to eat 1800-1900 on up days.
    Are you losing weight on less DDs?

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Got through my first primal day yesterday, with only one bump of half a plain donut after supper, pretty good I think weight's the same after my ud, so that's nice. Having another normal day today and then a dd tomorrow. Saturday we're going to a friend's wedding so supper will not be primal, due to wedding cake
    I have been to wedding and ate "Primal" with out any issues - it's a matter of :
    1. Eating a light "Primal" snack before going (so you don't get hungry/tempted to eat stuff you're trying to avoid)
    2 Choosing what you're willing to eat at the dinner - eg maybe don't eat the dinner roll/s.
    3. No one is forced to eat wedding cake or a 'bad' dessert at a wedding - I had the cake's REAL cream with cup/s of black coffee - others had the cake and everyone was happy.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Is it ok to do some sprinting on DDs?

JUDDD says this is a life style... but I don't want it to be...
    should I not do it then? haha

I just want to do it to lose weight.. it's not a forever way of eating for me, BUT primal is

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Is it ok to do some sprinting on DDs?

JUDDD says this is a life style... but I don't want it to be...
    should I not do it then? haha

I just want to do it to lose weight.. it's not a forever way of eating for me, BUT primal is
    I exercise on down days.

I like this. You may grow to like it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Gah! Why am I so dizzy? I have been horribly dizzy all day today and I just cant put my finger on why. Any ideas?

Still battling the binge. Hanging on.
    Check your blood pressure (it could now be low).
    Loosing weight (and/or 'low carbing') often lowers blood pressure - a good thing if was already high, but can be a problematic if is it was normal or low-ish to start with.