Page 72 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 72

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I couldn't find the soup recipe, but I'll keep looking, lol.

I EXTREMELY excited that tomorrow is an UP day, lol. My employer has been doing things every day this week for staff appreciation week, today is ice cream social....no big loss for me there, but tomorrow is pizza and Wii games. They are going to order GLUTEN FREE pizza for the three of us who can't eat gluten! From California Pizza Kitchen. YUM. I'm okay with or without pizza, but I just think it's so cool that they think of things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzebelle View Post
    so I figured what the hell I might as well start today with a down day instead of doing another up day to get started
    Way to go!! That's a great start. No real tips for you yet, but I've learned a lot from the people on this thread so you may pick some things up just by being here.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Lilac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    As for me ,weighed in at 211.4 lbs this morning! I changed the batteries on my scale and weighed myself 4 times to be sure lol! That's a 2.2 lb drop from yesterday and a total loss of 4.4 lbs for the week! I've lost 14.6 lbs in 3 weeks on ADF, freakin amazing! When I first started this 3 weeks ago my goal was to get to 215 lbs and I'm shocked that I surpassed it! I'm going to keep doing juuddd until I get a positive pregnancy test but I am a little nervous to figure out how many cals a day I should eat once I'm no longer fasting. Since I'm still very overweight I don't want to gain a ton this pregnancy like I did with my daughter. But I think as long as I keep my food choices primal it'll be hard to over do it, at least I hope!

Ud for me and I'm starved,off to make some breakfast!
    Wow - great progress!

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Hi Yoga, welcome! I'm doing JUDDD Primal LCHF, though my fat percentages have dropped a little in the last couple of weeks. My goal is HF I just don't always have the appetite to go with it, and my down days are just primal with an emphasis on lower carb.

My down days are pretty simple, which is actually a really nice side-benefit...I'm spending less on groceries.

Today is a down day for me and this is what it looks like:

Coffee with real raw cream (2T = 80 cal)

4 Slices of organic sliced turkey breast with a little mustard on each

Medium (about 190 g) Baked Yukon gold potatoe with just a rub of butter on the cut surface (counting the butter as .25 of a T)

Fage FF Greek Yogurt (190 cal)

The total calores are just over 500 calories. Edited to add: I've also done a down day with three hardboiled eggs, my mug of coffee with cream and the yogurt for dinner.

My up days are just regular eating days. Primal with a strong emphasis on HFLC. I'm not that hungry on my up days so the calories end up being between 1300 and 1500 calories usually.
    Do you think maybe you are not eating enough on up days? Just a thought?

-----------
    Well, today is my first day on ADF, and it's an UD. I planned it out last night and entered everything into my fitness pal. Looks like my total will be about 2250 and the carbs are around 50, so I'm happy. Can't wait for dessert tonight - strawberries with HWC! I haven't had fruit in a while! I also pre-planned my down day tomorrow - two hard boiled eggs for snacks at work and then fish and salad with olive oil for dinner. Should be interesting. It's funny, I actually decided to start ADF because I have been bouncing around between 221-222 on the scale for the past three or four weeks. This morning I weighed myself and I was 219.6! That was a nice surprise. Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!

Lilac is offline Member
    One more thing: I want to keep my UD's and DD's the same every week (M-W-F DD, T-TH-Sa, UD). For those who do the same thing, it seems like there are two schools of thought: treat Sunday as an UD (so two UDs in a row), or treat Sunday as a MD (moderate day), somewhere in between UD and DD calories. What does everyone do here?

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I think I might not be eating enough on my up days, but I can't seem to get the calories up there. I've got my MFP day partially planned out for tomorrow, and I'm trying to put more fats in again...I've been slipping down on the fat percentage and I think upping that again will help.

I haven't gone to set down days yet, but I think I will eventually (though I HAVE been thinking about doing it soon)...and I think when I do, I will do one of the those extra days as a moderate day.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys,

I have been doing alternate day fasting, but it took me a couple of weeks to slowly ease into it. I finally was able to break the 24 hour barrier (in the past I always broke down and ate because of habit and mental barriers), anyway I have finally had two really great down days.
    Here's the catch, the only way I was able to do it was if I didn't eat anything on down days at all. It was WAY easier to do a complete fast than to eat a small 400 calorie meal. That small of a meal actually made me hungry.
    Is this ok? I find that I am not hungry AT ALL when I am doing down days. I find that a little weird. Even on the up day, I find that I don't want to eat until late afternoon which ends up meaning that I fast for like 44 hours without eating. Is this ok? It feels pretty natural. I'm not white knuckling it at all. Is this weird? I'm not going to like ruin my metabolism or have my muscles waste away am I? I haven't weighed myself yet, I am only weighing once a week. But I am pretty sure I am losing weight because my clothes are feeling looser.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think if you aren't going to be eating anything on your down days, you really need to be sure that you get twice the normal protein intake on your up days. If you fall short, you could either lose lean muscle or end up binging.

That sounds logical to me. So how much protein should I aim for on a up day?

Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    That sounds logical to me. So how much protein should I aim for on a up day?
    It would have to depend on your weight (or lean body mass), and your activity level. There are individual differences too. You will find a lot of different recommendations out there.

I am 145 pounds. I do some running, and some lifting. I try to average 70-100g a day.

Ok,
    so I am 5'5" about 130ish pounds, I am trying to lose about 10lbs since I have a small frame. In generall I am not terribly active. But that changes, some weeks I actually do make it to the gym. lol

60g a day should be adequate for you. But if you find yourself craving meat, that's a sign you might need more.