Shop Now
    monday DD
    tuesday UP
    wednesday DD
    thursday UP
    friday DD
    saturday UP
    sunday DD

that would mean (sun and monday) 2 DD next to each other?
    I thought I read some where you shouldn't do 2 in a row? thoughts?
    I'm excited to start!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Wow, four pages to get through! Y'all have been busy.

I do every other day. So, one week, Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Sunday, the next week Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday. I am looking forward to maintenance, when it will be the same each week unless I want to switch it up. That said, I am planning on doing three Up Days in a row this weekend, since I am going to GermanFest with my daughter. Cheese and sausage WILL be indulged in.

I am not losing at the same rate as when I began, but having the Up Days makes this do-able for the long term, I think. I don't need the weight off QUICKLY, I just need a way to get it off that i can stick with long enough to GET IT OFF! I think the low-carb/primal/JUDDD combination may be the winner for me.
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-25-2013 at 09:54 AM.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Yoga11 - I have been alternating normally between UDs & DDs without doing two DDs in a row, so the full cycle is really 2 weeks long. This week has not been normal for me since birthday festivities are involved.

I was brave enough to check the scale this morning and zero weight gain so far this week (10 lbs down total in 20 days). I managed to skip breakfast, eat less than 2000 cal, and do a 16/8 intermittent fasting schedule despite taking an extra UD for my birthday.

Going to discuss making some more primal changes in our diet with the fiance next grocery trip.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you want to keep your up days and down days on the same day of the week, you can always do 3 cycles and then throw in an extra up day.

I am actually playing with doing 2 down days in a row, followed by what I call a "double up" day, during which I would eat enough calories so the average came out the same. The first cycle I ate everything in the house on my double up day. Next double up day I will try to exercise some control and track what I eat.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I also just alternate every day.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Happy Hippo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

I am not losing at the same rate as when I began, but having the Up Days makes this do-able for the long term, I think. I don't need the weight off QUICKLY, I just need a way to get it off that i can stick with long enough to GET IT OFF! I think the low-carb/primal/JUDDD combination may be the winner for me.
    I'm totally agree with that.
    For me I can't eat all my UD calories and I think maybe that's why in last week my weight bounce between 194-196 lb. maybe have more UD and less DD will help? I started on April first at 204 and my goal was to get under 200. But right now it's very frustrating to be in same place for over a week. My DD calories is right on spot, but UD is mess.
    Any advice girs?

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Ok, Mark's tomato soup has around 89 calories per one cup serving. This includes 2tbsp for sauting the onion, so if you cut this back to one tbsp you'll save some calories. My batch made 7 cups, but that's not including my blender 'incident', so the recipe probably makes 8 cups, which would bump the calories down to around 77 calories per cup I did garlic powder instead of cloves and did'nt count spices since they're so low calorie.

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone.

Today is my first down day with starting JUDDD, I counted yesterday as my update seeing I ended up going off plan so I figured what the hell I might as well start today with a down day instead of doing another up day to get started. I'm planing on doing the 36 hour fast and have 414 on a DD and 2,068 on an up day assuming I did the calculations correctly

I'm 5'2, 161 lbs, and selected the light exercise category seeing I usually walk 5 miles a day and just started the c25k program. Anyone have any tips?

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    Yoga11 - I have been alternating normally between UDs & DDs without doing two DDs in a row, so the full cycle is really 2 weeks long. This week has not been normal for me since birthday festivities are involved.
    OOOh gotcha!

You don't HAVE to window eat tho... u just do it for good measure?

alright today is my UD, Tmrow DD woohoo. I'm ready to lose weight!!

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Ok, Mark's tomato soup has around 89 calories per one cup serving. This includes 2tbsp for sauting the onion, so if you cut this back to one tbsp you'll save some calories. My batch made 7 cups, but that's not including my blender 'incident', so the recipe probably makes 8 cups, which would bump the calories down to around 77 calories per cup I did garlic powder instead of cloves and did'nt count spices since they're so low calorie.
    YUMMM!!! i knew it was DD friendly! Ima make this soup too!