Page 70 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 70

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Lately I've been eating one 375 calorie meal in the evenings on my down days, which is lean protein and lettuce and tomato. I get up to about 2/3 of my daily protein target doing that.

On my up days that are about 1825 calories, I have lunch and dinner, about 900 calories each. Entirely paleo, substantial portion of meat or fish, vegetables, and some starch/fruit..

How are you getting up to 900 calories on protein, veg, and fruit?! are u adding coconut oil? butter?
    I have such a hard time getting past 600-700. example please? P.s. just saw you were in Portland! I''m moving there in August!
    I can't wait.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Hi Yoga, welcome! I'm doing JUDDD Primal LCHF, though my fat percentages have dropped a little in the last couple of weeks. My goal is HF I just don't always have the appetite to go with it, and my down days are just primal with an emphasis on lower carb.

My down days are pretty simple, which is actually a really nice side-benefit...I'm spending less on groceries.

Today is a down day for me and this is what it looks like:

Coffee with real raw cream (2T = 80 cal)

4 Slices of organic sliced turkey breast with a little mustard on each

Medium (about 190 g) Baked Yukon gold potatoe with just a rub of butter on the cut surface (counting the butter as .25 of a T)

Fage FF Greek Yogurt (190 cal)

The total calores are just over 500 calories. Edited to add: I've also done a down day with three hardboiled eggs, my mug of coffee with cream and the yogurt for dinner.

My up days are just regular eating days. Primal with a strong emphasis on HFLC. I'm not that hungry on my up days so the calories end up being between 1300 and 1500 calories usually.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    I think you are over thinking it, like weve said go to the juuddd site and itll give you your ud and dd cals.It's all about calories, stay in your dd and ud calories with any primal thing you want to eat and you'll do just fine. I do find it helps on a dd to have a coffee with 100 cals worth of cream in the morning and then skip breakfast and lunch and eat a 400 calorie dinner( usually protein and veg).Then on an ud the possibilities are endless, I can pretty much eat whatever I want( primal of course) as long as I don't exceed 2100 cals. And like majic it works!
    Yes, I looked at my calories for me.. it's dd 425 up 2100!! haha I probably wont reach that.

are you also eating bananas, sweet potatoes, and nuts? I'm not trying to over think it I just haven't had much success losing weight on Low Carb (atkins VVLC) and Primal ( LC) (for some reason?!?) So, I'm just seeing what people are doing for that extra kick into weightloss.
    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-25-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Glad you're joining in! I did JUDDD while doing the typical American, processed diet so I'm no help there, but I've just started eating primal yesterday, and I'm doing 5:2, (two dds a week), so we can figure it out together Tomorrow is my first primal dd and I'm thinking it's going to involve eggs I'm also making the tomato soup recipe Mark posted a few days ago and I'm going to figure out the calories on it-should be pretty low since it's just tomatoes, water, spices and then sauted onions. Super easy to make too!
    congrats on deciding primal! you are going to feel like a million dollars! ( well, I did )
    I can't wait to hear about how u the weight just falls off of u! tomato soup is MY FAV must share recipe

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    congrats on deciding primal! you are going to feel like a million dollars! ( well, I did )
    I can't wait to hear about how u the weight just falls off of u! tomato soup is MY FAV must share recipe
    I'm making it right now, so I'll let you know how it tastes in a bit If you go to the main page of this site, scroll down a bit and it's one of Mark's more recent posts. I'm also making the optional mini spicy meat balls that's with the tomato soup recipe, but those would definitley not be dd approved lol.

Please anyone else feel free to share you DD and UP menu's!

I know they would helps more people with ideas!

thanks all

Since people are wanting to lose weight on JUDDD are you all still eating things like bananas, yams, and nuts? (thats an UD obviously) just curious

Mom23kids, Just looked at that delicious recipe, that recipe is DD friendly! just figure out how much u can have.. it's veg and meet only! it's totally a DD item..
    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-25-2013 at 08:46 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    How are you getting up to 900 calories on protein, veg, and fruit?! are u adding coconut oil? butter?
    I have such a hard time getting past 600-700. example please? P.s. just saw you were in Portland! I''m moving there in August!
    I can't wait.
    I eat fatty meat and cheese, don't spare the butter. While I had slow-roasted brisket in the fridge, I was having 8 ounces of reasonably lean brisket with 3 ounces of cheddar cheese, and a couple of vegetables for lunch. I was having fruit with supper. When there were extra calories to be consumed, dark chocolate.

Portland Maine.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Please anyone else feel free to share you DD and UP menu's!

I know they would helps more people with ideas!

thanks all

Since people are wanting to lose weight on JUDDD are you all still eating things like bananas, yams, and nuts? (thats an UD obviously) just curious

Mom23kids, Just looked at that delicious recipe, that recipe is DD friendly! just figure out how much u can have.. it's veg and meet only! it's totally a DD item..
    Just tried the soup and it's sooo good! I'll figure out the calorie info and report back Also, a heads up-the recipe says to put half the batch in your blender at a time, but it overflowed like crazy in my blender and made a huge mess. Do 1/4 of a batch at a time in the blender and save yourself the mess lol.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Yoga~ I eat nuts maybe once or twice a week, a banana if I feel like it once a week, yams I've had only once twice in the last 3 months. But I eat fried plantains twice a month and those a pretty high in carbs. I usually stay at 50 g of carbs or below, some days it can go as high as 80 though.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, I looked at my calories for me.. it's dd 425 up 2100!! haha I probably wont reach that.
    Well you should at least try to hit that number, the calories on you ud matter as much as your dd cals. I hit it every time and I've lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks. if you need to add extra butter or cheese to something do it.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy