Page 69 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 69

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Got through my first primal day yesterday, with only one bump of half a plain donut after supper, pretty good I think weight's the same after my ud, so that's nice. Having another normal day today and then a dd tomorrow. Saturday we're going to a friend's wedding so supper will not be primal, due to wedding cake

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Sigi ~congrats on the 2.2 lbs!

Glad morning~ I've been getting that dizzy feeling on my up days too , super bizarre and creepy feeling! Maybe we do need magnesium? I take prenatal vitamins but idk if that's enough.

Elkay~ I agree with happy hippo,make a few changes at a time. Start eating whole natural foods first, eliminate wheat and processed sugars and just try to cut back little by little on the beer. Gluten free is such a huge thing now, I bet at least one of those micro breweries will have a GF beer for you to try!

Lucy~ you're on synthyroid too right? How's progress been so far with ADF? I find myself amazed at how I'm losing with no thyroid!

As for me ,weighed in at 211.4 lbs this morning! I changed the batteries on my scale and weighed myself 4 times to be sure lol! That's a 2.2 lb drop from yesterday and a total loss of 4.4 lbs for the week! I've lost 14.6 lbs in 3 weeks on ADF, freakin amazing! When I first started this 3 weeks ago my goal was to get to 215 lbs and I'm shocked that I surpassed it! I'm going to keep doing juuddd until I get a positive pregnancy test but I am a little nervous to figure out how many cals a day I should eat once I'm no longer fasting. Since I'm still very overweight I don't want to gain a ton this pregnancy like I did with my daughter. But I think as long as I keep my food choices primal it'll be hard to over do it, at least I hope!

Ud for me and I'm starved,off to make some breakfast!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Sigi ~congrats on the 2.2 lbs!

Glad morning~ I've been getting that dizzy feeling on my up days too , super bizarre and creepy feeling! Maybe we do need magnesium? I take prenatal vitamins but idk if that's enough.

Elkay~ I agree with happy hippo,make a few changes at a time. Start eating whole natural foods first, eliminate wheat and processed sugars and just try to cut back little by little on the beer. Gluten free is such a huge thing now, I bet at least one of those micro breweries will have a GF beer for you to try!

Lucy~ you're on synthyroid too right? How's progress been so far with ADF? I find myself amazed at how I'm losing with no thyroid!

As for me ,weighed in at 211.4 lbs this morning! I changed the batteries on my scale and weighed myself 4 times to be sure lol! That's a 2.2 lb drop from yesterday and a total loss of 4.4 lbs for the week! I've lost 14.6 lbs in 3 weeks on ADF, freakin amazing! When I first started this 3 weeks ago my goal was to get to 215 lbs and I'm shocked that I surpassed it! I'm going to keep doing juuddd until I get a positive pregnancy test but I am a little nervous to figure out how many cals a day I should eat once I'm no longer fasting. Since I'm still very overweight I don't want to gain a ton this pregnancy like I did with my daughter. But I think as long as I keep my food choices primal it'll be hard to over do it, at least I hope!

Ud for me and I'm starved,off to make some breakfast!
    Congrats on the loss!!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Wow, congratulations to all our losers, lol!

I'm in a holding pattern this week. I haven't gained or lost most than .5 pounds...it's been going up and down all week. My body seems to be holding on to water though...I told my co-worker yesterday that every sip of water I took felt like it was being soaked up by my body. I'm not dehydrated as I drink plenty of water all throughout the day, so not sure exactly what that is all about. I did eat more processed foods yesterday (as in a couple of sausages and some bacon at work).

Finished reading the JUDDD book last night...helped that I skimmed over the diet recommentations, lol. He advocates lots of whole grains and cutting back on saturated fats. I also read a tiny little book on ADF by Beth Christian. That was a nice quick read which totally gave me my maintenance plan once I've lost all the weight I need to. She didn't say anything that hasn't been said here, but somehow it just clicked when I read about 5:2 fasting, lol. Tonight I'll start Mosley's book on IF.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Wow, congratulations to all our losers, lol!

I'm in a holding pattern this week. I haven't gained or lost most than .5 pounds...it's been going up and down all week. My body seems to be holding on to water though...I told my co-worker yesterday that every sip of water I took felt like it was being soaked up by my body. I'm not dehydrated as I drink plenty of water all throughout the day, so not sure exactly what that is all about. I did eat more processed foods yesterday (as in a couple of sausages and some bacon at work).

Finished reading the JUDDD book last night...helped that I skimmed over the diet recommentations, lol. He advocates lots of whole grains and cutting back on saturated fats. I also read a tiny little book on ADF by Beth Christian. That was a nice quick read which totally gave me my maintenance plan once I've lost all the weight I need to. She didn't say anything that hasn't been said here, but somehow it just clicked when I read about 5:2 fasting, lol. Tonight I'll start Mosley's book on IF.
    Mosley's book is excellent, I just got done with it a couple days ago He's very up to date on the science/research of IF so for me the book is more about the health benefits of IF/JUDDD/5:2, though he goes into detail about weight loss too. I'm doing a modified version of 5:2 for maintenance, since I kept losing weight with the regular version I do 700-900 calorie Mondays and 500 calorie Thursdays (change my days up once in a while, depending on what's on the calendar). The other five days I don't count calories at all. This has been a great maintenance plan for me, and is sometbkng I can do long term.

252dip~ push thru it, I felt like last week I kept seeing the same numbers on the scale and finally I had a whoosh!

Mom23kids~ it's great having you here because you've successfully done it and are in maintainence. You show us it can be done!

This was breakfast http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...melette-2.html every time I make it I feel like I'm having a religious experience when I eat it lol! It's that good! Try it, you'll like it!

Omg my neighbors( live in condo) are fighting outside screaming at each other, first off they are gonna wake up my daughter as her window is above where they are yelling and second of all how freaking ghetto! Ok...... She just woke up and told me she was scared, those assholes! Omg the guy is banging on her door screaming and swearing. I may have to call the cops, sad thing is the lady has a little boy whose hearing all of it.
    Veronica

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Alright, I think i'm jumping on board with JUDDD...

Would one of ya'll give me a "UD" and "DD" menu of what they eat... maybe around how many calories?
    I'd like to that in idea because it helps to start

I think JUDDD the book recommends a "all american way of eating" meaning: grains and low fat... right?
    so, how are you all doing it on HF, LC, Primal
    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-25-2013 at 09:13 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Lately I've been eating one 375 calorie meal in the evenings on my down days, which is lean protein and lettuce and tomato. I get up to about 2/3 of my daily protein target doing that.

On my up days that are about 1825 calories, I have lunch and dinner, about 900 calories each. Entirely paleo, substantial portion of meat or fish, vegetables, and some starch/fruit.

The fact that JUDDD recommends an "all American way of eating" means that the diet works even for people who have no intention of changing the foods they choose. This is important, since most dieters are tired of being assigned a CW "healthy diet" and failing. So you can eat whatever you damned well please. It also works for healthy choices.

I always exercise fasted in the morning. While my long-term goal is to build some muscle, being hungry and exercising fasted is what burns the most fat, so long as you control your calorie intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post

Would one of ya'll give me a "UD" and "DD" menu of what they eat... maybe around how many calories?

I think JUDDD the book recommends a "all american way of eating" meaning: grains and low fat... right?
    I think you are over thinking it, like weve said go to the juuddd site and itll give you your ud and dd cals.It's all about calories, stay in your dd and ud calories with any primal thing you want to eat and you'll do just fine. I do find it helps on a dd to have a coffee with 100 cals worth of cream in the morning and then skip breakfast and lunch and eat a 400 calorie dinner( usually protein and veg).Then on an ud the possibilities are endless, I can pretty much eat whatever I want( primal of course) as long as I don't exceed 2100 cals. And like majic it works!
    Veronica

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post

Glad you're joining in! I did JUDDD while doing the typical American, processed diet so I'm no help there, but I've just started eating primal yesterday, and I'm doing 5:2, (two dds a week), so we can figure it out together Tomorrow is my first primal dd and I'm thinking it's going to involve eggs I'm also making the tomato soup recipe Mark posted a few days ago and I'm going to figure out the calories on it-should be pretty low since it's just tomatoes, water, spices and then sauted onions. Super easy to make too!
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-25-2013 at 09:29 AM.