Page 67 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 67

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lilac~ I would used the light excercise for the juuddd calculator. As far as carbs go I naturally stay anywhere from 39 to 75 on any given day.

Glad morning~ sorry about your lamb

Sabine~ thanks for explaining I'd never heard of it! Keep us updated on progress!

Sigi~ I agree being prepared goes hand in hand with sticking to plan. I always plan my meals the day before a dd or ud on MFP so I can tweak it till the calories are just right.

Mom23kids~ Idk how tall your are but it's completely possible you might lose more weight once you fully switch to primal eating. I know some people who are underweight and malnourished from eating SAD also put on some weight after making the switch too. As for groceries just stick to the basics, eggs, bacon, chicken , veggies, ground beef. For $40 you could get enough meals for the week just fine. You can make a pot of chili that could last you a few days, roast chicken, etc. I get most my primal recipes for. Pinterest!

As for me great ud yesterday, I also finally started using my kettle bell set, I've been putting off strength training this whole time and I shouldn't have been! So boy am I sore today! Said I wasn't going to weigh today but my compulsion won and I'm just glad the scale said 213.8, so only up .2 from my dd weight which is awesome, I hope to see a big drop tomorrow!

We've finally got around to ttc this month so now I have to patiently wait to take a pregnancy test another 2 weeks so that's going to drive me nuts for sure!

Ok dd for me, had my morning coffee and tonight for dinner is primal chili from the primal blueprint cookbook, so yummy!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Lilac~ I would used the light excercise for the juuddd calculator. As far as carbs go I naturally stay anywhere from 39 to 75 on any given day.

Glad morning~ sorry about your lamb

Sabine~ thanks for explaining I'd never heard of it! Keep us updated on progress!

Sigi~ I agree being prepared goes hand in hand with sticking to plan. I always plan my meals the day before a dd or ud on MFP so I can tweak it till the calories are just right.

Mom23kids~ Idk how tall your are but it's completely possible you might lose more weight once you fully switch to primal eating. I know some people who are underweight and malnourished from eating SAD also put on some weight after making the switch too. As for groceries just stick to the basics, eggs, bacon, chicken , veggies, ground beef. For $40 you could get enough meals for the week just fine. You can make a pot of chili that could last you a few days, roast chicken, etc. I get most my primal recipes for. Pinterest!

As for me great ud yesterday, I also finally started using my kettle bell set, I've been putting off strength training this whole time and I shouldn't have been! So boy am I sore today! Said I wasn't going to weigh today but my compulsion won and I'm just glad the scale said 213.8, so only up .2 from my dd weight which is awesome, I hope to see a big drop tomorrow!

We've finally got around to ttc this month so now I have to patiently wait to take a pregnancy test another 2 weeks so that's going to drive me nuts for sure!

Ok dd for me, had my morning coffee and tonight for dinner is primal chili from the primal blueprint cookbook, so yummy!
    Good luck with ttc!

Just got back from my shopping trip and it was great! Very fortunate to have an Aldi nearby, where I can get things like extra virgin olive oil for cheap. And I was able to get whole chickens for a little over $5 a piece at Meijer so I got two and that will be a lot of meals right there
    Meijer also had a sale on Kiolbassa brand natural smoked sausage-regularly $4 package but were on sale for $2.50 plus there was a coupon for $1 off on each package! I don't think there totally primal because they have organic evaporated cane syrup in them, but besides that it's just beef, water, sea salt and spices. Definitley an improvement over what I would normally get!

Stina1115 is offline Member
    I'm dumb, I never posted the link to that Keto Pizza - Ketogenic Pizza | FreeRange Human

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    After 2 down days, I ate a huge amount of food yesterday. I will call this my "Double Up" day. Things were very up in the air here yesterday, but I get the feeling that when things settle down, and especially if I take the time ahead to plan what I'm going to eat, I will be at least able to track my calories when I do that.

I haven't eaten anything yet, not really hungry. (Wonder why..?) I did chinup prep exercises and ran about 2/3 of a mile of steep hills that totally kicked my ass, hills I have only walked before.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My Fat-Fast-Down-Day experiment went very well. For those who are interested, I had:
    1 slice liverwurst-60K
    1T mascarpone-60K
    1 slice liverwurst-60K
    3 devil egg halves-150K
    cafe au lait w/ sweetener~100K

For a total of 430K.

The cafe au lait was sort of by accident(stuck in a coffee shop late at night, needing to stay awake while I waited for teenagers), and brings my totals out of the 90% fat range. But I'm still pleased, and count it as a success. The hunger was minimal. I will definitely try this again, though I don't know about every Down Day. I like my little salmon fillet/spinach salad routine that I've got going on.

Happy Hippo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    My Fat-Fast-Down-Day experiment went very well. For those who are interested, I had:
    1 slice liverwurst-60K
    1T mascarpone-60K
    1 slice liverwurst-60K
    3 devil egg halves-150K
    cafe au lait w/ sweetener~100K

For a total of 430K.

The cafe au lait was sort of by accident(stuck in a coffee shop late at night, needing to stay awake while I waited for teenagers), and brings my totals out of the 90% fat range. But I'm still pleased, and count it as a success. The hunger was minimal. I will definitely try this again, though I don't know about every Down Day. I like my little salmon fillet/spinach salad routine that I've got going on.
    How many days a week is you DD? Are you still losing weight in same rate as first month?

elkay7 is offline Member
    This is more of a question to the people eating primal:

I have been looking more into going primal. My problem is I love beer.

Do most of you already on a primal diet only allow non-grain alcohol in your diet? Or are you flexible about these things?
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Good luck with ttc!

Just got back from my shopping trip and it was great! Very fortunate to have an Aldi nearby, where I can get things like extra virgin olive oil for cheap. And I was able to get whole chickens for a little over $5 a piece at Meijer so I got two and that will be a lot of meals right there
    Meijer also had a sale on Kiolbassa brand natural smoked sausage-regularly $4 package but were on sale for $2.50 plus there was a coupon for $1 off on each package! I don't think there totally primal because they have organic evaporated cane syrup in them, but besides that it's just beef, water, sea salt and spices. Definitley an improvement over what I would normally get!
    Ooh kiolbassa brand is delish, picked some up when they had it at costco! I have a meijer near by thanks for the heads up hopefully ill be able to find with the coupons( I'm a big couponer! So it was sorta sad passing up a lot of food deals because they aren't primal). Also I love aldi, you can get the Wild caught salmon for $4.49, whole raw / roasted almonds for 3.99 a bag, if your not doing grass fed or organic you can get a lot of the staple there such as eggs, heavy cream, meat, fish and veggies.

Heads up tomorrow at meijer a sale starts on Oscar Mayer bacon where if you buy 8 packs $8 comes off at the register. Last time they had this sale it included Oscar Mayer select nitrate free bacon for 2.99 a pack! I'm gonna stock up!
    Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    This is more of a question to the people eating primal:

I have been looking more into going primal. My problem is I love beer.

Do most of you already on a primal diet only allow non-grain alcohol in your diet? Or are you flexible about these things?
    How often do you have beer? Is it something you can just maybe indulge in once and awhile? Do you like red wine because that's really the only primal approved alcohol. There are many different varieties and it took me a bit to find the ones I like but now I prefer drinking red. I've seen from some posts some people will try to drink gluten free beer instead, maybe try that?
    Veronica

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Ooh kiolbassa brand is delish, picked some up when they had it at costco! I have a meijer near by thanks for the heads up hopefully ill be able to find with the coupons( I'm a big couponer! So it was sorta sad passing up a lot of food deals because they aren't primal). Also I love aldi, you can get the Wild caught salmon for $4.49, whole raw / roasted almonds for 3.99 a bag, if your not doing grass fed or organic you can get a lot of the staple there such as eggs, heavy cream, meat, fish and veggies.

Heads up tomorrow at meijer a sale starts on Oscar Mayer bacon where if you buy 8 packs $8 comes off at the register. Last time they had this sale it included Oscar Mayer select nitrate free bacon for 2.99 a pack! I'm gonna stock up!
    I'll definitley go back for bacon-thanks! Can you freeze it?

Yeah, not doing the whole organic, local thing right now. In the summer though I have access to lots of free produce and free range chicken eggs, from my in-laws, plus we're in the process of buying part of a beef share, so its seasonal for us. I just focus on what we can do, and not worry about the rest
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-24-2013 at 02:26 PM.