Page 65 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 65

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was getting used to eating two 900 calorie meals. I just did 2 down days in a row, and today I am going to absolutely stuff myself. My goal is to eat the same number of calories on average per day. That gives me 2500 calories today.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Well yesterday I woke up with a general sense of well being and today I have a renewed interest in changing how I think about food and why I'm doing ADF in the first place. The general sense of well being I credit to eating this way, and the other, well, I started actually READING the JUDDD book last night, lol. I recognized some of the "other" health benefits in the pages that I read last night because I've been feeling better in general lately, and suddenly I got "convicted" to really "do" the diet. One of my main goals has been to reduce inflamation. I have a history of a pre-cancerous tumor which was removed a few years ago, and the recent biopsies of the area have shown that the cells are abnormal again, but not quite precancer...so my goal is to reduce inflamation.

So, today is a down day and I'm embracing it, lol. If I eat as planned my calories will be right back down where they should be at 500 calories.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Sending good vibes your way 252.

Still staying away from the scale. Last night was horrible. I wound up having about 3/4 cup of ice cream. About 10 min after I ate it, I broke out in an itchy rash. What the hell? Unrelated? What could be in the icecream to cause that?

Today I am bloated, crampy and miserable. I have been doing some reevaluating myself. I have become some what.... Lax in my primal living. I need to tighten up the reins and get back it to %100. Getting into ADF has made me concentrate too much on my weight loss and less on why I changed to primal in the first place.

The back of my mind is still obsessing over pizza and sweet. I am not sure where this is coming from. Is it all because of TOM? Why else would this be going on so viciously that I cannot squelch it? The thought trailed through my mind today that I should just go ahead and have the binge, because if I don't I'll just continue to think about it...... NO! I am fighting with every ounce of my will to get passed this, but it is getting really, really hard. Really, this makes me realize that I am not completely healed of my bad habits from before primal. This last three weeks or so of smooth sailing has come to a halt, and I am fighting old demons again. Mostly because I have gotten lazy! I need a reboot.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Well, I can say from personal experience that my TOM was insanely craze inducing. I don't have them anymore, but honestly my whole personality changed at TOM and I really did have a tough time mentally in a lot of areas. Edited to add: sending those good vibes your way as well.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Sending good vibes your way 252.

Still staying away from the scale. Last night was horrible. I wound up having about 3/4 cup of ice cream. About 10 min after I ate it, I broke out in an itchy rash. What the hell? Unrelated? What could be in the icecream to cause that?

Today I am bloated, crampy and miserable. I have been doing some reevaluating myself. I have become some what.... Lax in my primal living. I need to tighten up the reins and get back it to %100. Getting into ADF has made me concentrate too much on my weight loss and less on why I changed to primal in the first place.

The back of my mind is still obsessing over pizza and sweet. I am not sure where this is coming from. Is it all because of TOM? Why else would this be going on so viciously that I cannot squelch it? The thought trailed through my mind today that I should just go ahead and have the binge, because if I don't I'll just continue to think about it...... NO! I am fighting with every ounce of my will to get passed this, but it is getting really, reallyhard. Really, this makes me realize that I am not completely healed of my bad habits from before primal. This last three weeks or so of smooth sailing has come to a halt, and I am fighting old demons again. Mostly because I have gotten lazy! I need a reboot.
    Have you done the potato hack yet? It works wonders for me, to get rid of suga cravings etc. It's my reboot I'm doing a three day one right now to get my maintenance range a bit lower, and to also prepare me for the primal plunge It's also tom over here and.the potato hack totally eliminates cravings. I went to the store last night to buy more potatoes and there was NO temptation to grab a sweet treat. Walked out with my potatoes, feeling great!

I also have been doing some evaluating of my diet and have decided to fully jump into primal eating, starting on May 1st, and giving myself three months to totally make the transition from a SAD diet, to a fully primal one. I really think 5:2 IF+primal eating+strength training and walking may be the perfect combination for me, for weight maintenance and optimal health. I have a big family tree of cancers, diabetes and other ailments. I want to stack the odds in my favor as much as possible! Yesterday I saw my next door neighbor for the first time since she's had her masectomy. We're both in our 30's-now that's a reality check.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-23-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Dragonfly- I'm glad the ADF was helpful to you. Interesting about the calories.

I fell down on my Down Day. Had a good Up Day, though! Having another Down Day today, and with my quality protein from yesterday still floating around in my system, I am feeling good, and as though this Down Day will be relatively easy. I am going to be trying a Fat-Fast kind of menu if I want something to eat, just as an experiment.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Glad morning~ youve answered it for yourself. you are still suffering from cravings because you are still occasionally letting those nonprimal things into your diet. Once you eliminate them by sticking to primal the cravings will go away. I know if I continued to let sugars/wheat products in then my blood surger would spike ,and then would come the inevitable crash and then the cravings. Don't give into it,it won't help the cravings only make them worse! Stay strong. I find reaffirming what I'm doing everyone in awhile helps, re-read the primal blueprint, read wheat belly, watch a documentary, remind yourself of why you are doing this, it helps!

252dip~ I hope that juuddd helps you from a health perspective as well! Good luck! I need to pick up the book myself, I think it would help me understand the whys and how's of the diet.

Ekatherine~ it's cool your messing around with how to do the fasting, keep us updated on how that works for you!

Mom23kids~ wow that really sucks about your neighbor but I think it's great that you are trying to make healthy changes for yourself! I had a question for you since you have been doing juuddd for a long time, did you ever come across women who were breast feeding while trying to lose weight on juuddd? I ask because I'm actively trying to concieve and once I have the baby I can see myself going back to juuddd but wonder if it would affect milk production?

Sabine~ what's a fat fast menu?
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

elkay7 is offline Member
    Gladmorning - Could you have developed a dairy allergy? Or an allergy to a different ingredient in the ice cream? Definitely sounds like a histamine reaction. I know my mother developed an allergy to the food coloring Blue No. 2, for instance which is sometimes used to color candies and other foods.

Down another pound. Not expecting much by way of progress this week with my birthday this week and all the treats that come along with that. Last weekend was also glutinous with my mother and a friend both celebrating their birthdays. My fiance's mother also kept feeding me pie and cake. Arg.

Progress here: Lauren Tries Out Alternate Day Fasting

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Ekatherine~ it's cool your messing around with how to do the fasting, keep us updated on how that works for you!
    OMG, carnitas!

Stina1115 is offline Member

The back of my mind is still obsessing over pizza and sweet.
    Gladmorning, the hubby and I have made this Keto Pizza (the crust is made of bacon, YUM) three times now and it's pretty amazing. Maybe this will help with your pizza cravings?