Page 64 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 64

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OH HELLO RED DEATH! And 5 lbs of freaking water weight. Alright, I'm done weighing until this is over. It's just going to irritate me. Stupid. LAST red death I actually LOST weight. Back to normal, then. I really need to get things done around here today, but I'm stuck in this chair with a heating pad with the cramps that came from the bowels of HELL. I hate this shit. You either have periods, are pregnant, or go through death of menopause or you ARE dead. Such is a woman's life.

Sorry to gripe, ladies, but it's just one of those days.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Happy Hippo is offline Junior Member
    Gladmorning : Dandelion root tea will help you to get rid of water weight on TOM days.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I decided I needed a "refeed" as I'd been feeling a bit depleted, so I did 4 ud in a row. Since I didn't have much to lose, it made sense to me that ADF was only going to be a few weeks for me.

I ate to satiety, but I noticed only two of the four days were close to my supposed maintenance calories. The other two days were around 1000 calories.

I had been maintaining my measurements for the last 2 weeks, but felt lighter this morning, so I measured & found I had lost another 1/2 inch on waist & hips!

Bowing out of this thread, since I am pretty much at my goal. I really like calorie cycling and will continue to do this, albeit in a more intuitive way.

ADF has been really helpful and I notice that my appetite seem more in tune with what my body needs. I ate eggs & bacon yesterday morning at 9 am, had an active day and wasn't hungry at all until 6pm. That rocks!

Thanks so much for all the support!

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Whats ADF?

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    ADF is alternate day fasting. There are a number of us doing ADF, but in different ways. I'm alternating an UP day of normal eating with a "fasting" day of eating around 500 calories. The theory is based on the Dr. Johnson's JUDDD diet (they have a website) and numerous other fasting websites. It's pretty interesting and it seems to be working for almost everyone who participates in this thread.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

MaryIM is offline Member
    Verrrrrry interesting. I've been Primal for 4 months now and have been puzzled and curious why there are some days that I'm not really hungry and don't eat very much. Thanks for the tip to google JUDDD, will check it out now.
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryIM View Post
    Verrrrrry interesting. I've been Primal for 4 months now and have been puzzled and curious why there are some days that I'm not really hungry and don't eat very much. Thanks for the tip to google JUDDD, will check it out now.
    I went from a size 14 jean last fall, to a size 4 now, thanks to JUDDD. It's pretty awesome

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    And I was just reflecting further this morning how much I've changed mentally just in the 3 weeks I've been doing JUDDD...it's sort of remarkable...and the loss of 6+ pounds in 3 weeks is also very encouraging.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    I was ready to throw my scale out the window yesterday! I think I'm done weighing on up days. Today I weighed 212.8 but I had to keep checking and I stepped on the scale three times and got the same weight. The 4th time I stepped on it it said 213.6, then stepped on it 4 more times and got that same number. Idk if its time for a new scale. The weight it gives me can vary up to 2 lbs at times! I always take the higher weight it gives me as my weight though.

So anyways if I'm 213.6 that means that so far for the week I'm down 2.2 lbs, which would be great but i weigh on Thursday so idk what the next 2 days will bring. I'm rock steady, I don't cheat on my ud's or dd's so I just gotta keep doing what I'm doing and hope that it's my scale being wonky (yesterday it said I was 216!) and not ADF that's not working.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    I was ready to throw my scale out the window yesterday! I think I'm done weighing on up days. Today I weighed 212.8 but I had to keep checking and I stepped on the scale three times and got the same weight. The 4th time I stepped on it it said 213.6, then stepped on it 4 more times and got that same number. Idk if its time for a new scale. The weight it gives me can vary up to 2 lbs at times! I always take the higher weight it gives me as my weight though.

So anyways if I'm 213.6 that means that so far for the week I'm down 2.2 lbs, which would be great but i weigh on Thursday so idk what the next 2 days will bring. I'm rock steady, I don't cheat on my ud's or dd's so I just gotta keep doing what I'm doing and hope that it's my scale being wonky (yesterday it said I was 216!) and not ADF that's not working.
    Have you changed the batteries in your scale? Mine started acting up but after I changed the battery it started giving me consisten readings again