Page 63 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 63

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ah ha! Well thank you. I will keep my eyes open for it. Thank you so much.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Good tip, Paula - thanks for the reminder. I must get myself some of that, been meaning to for a while.

Well, after a few false starts where circumstances seems to conspire mightily against me, today is my first official 500 cal Down Day. I've turned down an invitation to a dessert-laden afternoon tea because I acknowledge that I really need to get on top of my weight situation NOW, and stop telling myself I know what to do and just DO it.

So far, so good. We'll see what mental tricks my body tries to play on me today.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Eat, Fast and Live Longer is on Australian television tomorrow night (SBS One). I hope it will get a lot of attention and provoke some sensible discussion. One of the Australian Biggest Loser trainers has already snarked about it, so I take that as a good sign...

Oscar Wilde

Update: Had a fabulous (bewilderingly easy) Down Day. Not a struggle at all, no cravings, barely had any hints of hunger throughout the day. Considering how difficult I have found it in the past, I'm surprised (but happy).

Roll on the next DD!

Oscar Wilde

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Good morning all! Sigi...my theory (and only mine, lol) is that our body doesn't have to send out the hunger signals as strongly because the fast isn't long. I've tried to fast before and it was really, really hard, but this alternating days of fast aren't nearly as hard and the only thing I can think of is that the body knows it's only temporary. I don't know. Probably not the real reason, but my mind thinks so.

Today is my down day. I'm planning on two coffees...one of which I've already had and the other I'll get at Starbucks on my walk to the Farmer's Market. I'm planning to get a couple of potatoes. I may try one today...I don't know. I'm also planning to get some Organic Pastures ground beef so I may just have to try that for my big meal later instead.

I've been getting a good amount of sleep, FINALLY. Had to take some melatonin Wed and Thurs and an allergy pill Fri/Sat nights, but it feels good to actually sleep.

Had a brutal full body massage yesterday so I think my muscles are holding a little bit of water this morning as I was back up slightly in weight. Could also be from the medicines I guess.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Well, after DD, I squeaked passed my April goal, resting at 269.8 this morning. WOOHOO! I was just thinking of the last time I was in the 260's. It was right before college. I was wearing a size 20 jean. I know after today (UD) I will probably go back to 270, but it's ok.

I have woken with no serious cravings, which I am very thankful for. I don't know what was going on with me yesterday. I'll be excited to take my measurements at the end of the month to see where all that is looking. Really wish I could lose some off my thighs so fitting pants wasn't so hard. My waist/hips are shrinking at such a quick rate compared to my thighs, it's making it very difficult.

Here's to hoping the 30 day squat challenge will help. I'm doing Squats, push ups and sit ups.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yay for easy Down Days!

I started my Down Day today with a bike ride with my Honey. I'm going to have a relaxing bath soon, and do a little sewing. Hoping to have my first mini-meal in the early afternoon. Last time I had a meal of spinach salad, one of scrambled eggs, and a last one of salmon fillet with mayo. It worked really well, and I even felt full at times. I'm going for a repeat today, I hope.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Gladmorning, that is so very exciting!!! For me, I always lose the inches from the top down. It's frustrating, but that's the way it seems to go for me.

Well, I had a very nice 45 minute walk and the last 10 minutes was also a functional strength workout as I carried the 2 pounds of organic grass feed ground beef, a pint of cream, a pound of cheese and a 5 pound sack of potatoes home from the Farmer's Market, lol. Now I have too many choices for dinner tonight.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Great progress, Gladmorning!

Yay for potatoes. I find the volume you can get for amount of calories very useful in creating a satisfying DD meal.

I'm trying to weigh myself less, to avoid the emotional ups and downs which follow fluctuations. I'd like to weigh only once a month (hah!) but I probably won't be able to resist - maybe just every Sunday instead. So next Sunday I'll see what results a full week of compliance brings.

Oscar Wilde

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    I had a good dd yesterday ,replaced my scale batteries and weighed in at 214.6 this morning. I feel like I'm starting to see the same numbers the last few days. :/ can't wait to see what Thursday's weight will be( my 3 weeks weigh in for ADF), hope its at least 2 lbs but we'll see.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy