Page 62 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 62

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    OK, have officially been following a 5:2 regime for 4 weeks (i.e. 2 fasts per week, 500 cal max these days), and have lost 3kg! My non-fast days I have been eating 1800-2000 calories. So much more than my previous daily allowance of 1300 calories, but it seems to be working?

I wonder if intermittent fasting has the best of both worlds. There is another thread entitle 'women who eat a tonne without gaining' , and some of the ladies there are purposefully eating more to try and increase their metabolisms.

I wonder if IF lets us do this, while still keeping our overall calories low enough so that we don't gain any weight??

I have never lost weight this fast. even when starting something like atkins, or meal replacements, etc, I have NEVER experienced that fast initial weight loss.
    That's awesome! It's cool to see that you are having success doing the 5:2 vs doing every other day. Keep it up!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    252dip~ congrats on the 6 lbs! Losing 2 lbs a week is a good amount and speed in which to lose!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Great job on the losses everyone!

Well, officially jumping into primal eating this weekend! I have a LOT of changes to make, but I'm going to try and make 1 meal a day totally primal and then work my way up, as I get comfortable with this way of eating and slowly start buying primal ingredients to replace the old stuff.

This morning dh wanted cinnamon rolls from a local grocery store's bakery. When I eas picking them up I grabbed some butter and made myself the egg/banana pancake recipe posted in the recipe section. It was really good and totally primal I wasn't tempted at all to have a cinnamon roll, even tbough today is an ud and I could have one. Baby steps!
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-20-2013 at 09:16 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing this for 8 days. If I drop the outliers I actually have a pretty reliable trend, about 1 pound a week. After I've done 2 full weeks I'll be better able to make a generalization (and post a graph showing how my up days and down days fluctuate). If I did continue to lose at this rate, that would put me at 130 pounds by mid-July, when I expect to be off visiting relatives I have not seen since I weighed 200 pounds.

I suspect my weight loss has been slowed by running hard and building muscle. My original "sensible" goal was 123 pounds, based on a mid-range of online calculators I investigated. No doubt it will have to be higher.

Time to go pump some more iron.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    DD is going fairly well today. Staying busy does help. The weather finally took a good turn. We've been under rain here. It literally rained all day for 4 days straight causing some serious flooding. Yay for the sun being out today.

Man, have I ever been fighting some serious cravings. I found myself falling into an old habit of planning food I'm going to eat a week from now on my free weekend. Sometimes, I am very disappointed in myself. Not entirely sure what is going on with me, but I have to fight down the brutal urge to run to pizza hut. I mean, it is so strong, and is consuming my thoughts today. WHY!? Stupid. what do you guys do when something like this is going on?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    DD is going fairly well today. Staying busy does help. The weather finally took a good turn. We've been under rain here. It literally rained all day for 4 days straight causing some serious flooding. Yay for the sun being out today.

Man, have I ever been fighting some serious cravings. I found myself falling into an old habit of planning food I'm going to eat a week from now on my free weekend. Sometimes, I am very disappointed in myself. Not entirely sure what is going on with me, but I have to fight down the brutal urge to run to pizza hut. I mean, it is so strong, and is consuming my thoughts today. WHY!? Stupid. what do you guys do when something like this is going on?
    I make pizza.

Yeah, I have a pizza recipe that I use, but I don't think it's going to cut it this time. I dunno. I just spent some time out in the barn and it helped to clear my mind a bit.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Gladmorning Get some L-glutamine powder and put a tsp under your tongue whenever the consuming food thoughts start up. It goes straight to your brain's carb sensors through the vagus nerve. Awesome stuff. It can be found at most health food stores.

Sorry, I know that this is of no immediate help.

Pebbles,

I appreciate it... but... what is that exactly?

I'm not suffering as bad as I was at work (at the bakery) but the craving is still there, for sure.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is an amino acid that you get naturally from protein. It inhibits carb cravings. You would have to eat a ton of meat to get the amount you get from the powder and the results are not as immediate.