Page 61 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 61

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Fair enough, just friendly advice. But I have to say that I consider myself quite the foodie and I don't view primal eating as a diet. I havent enjoyed eating this much ever so i dont find it restrictive .I totally get going out and indulging everyone once in awhile though. It's just not something I've felt the need for yet in only 3 months of living this lifestyle. Who knows I might be singing a different tune 6 months in lol!

Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    Question to everyone:

How do you handle holidays/special occasions where there is an expected amount of social eating if it lands on a DD? Skip the DD? Stick to the normal DD calories? Some middle ground?

My mom's birthday dinner is on a DD for me this weekend and I am going to try to stick to 800 calories. What do you think?

Progress here: Lauren Tries Out Alternate Day Fasting
    Yea what mom23kids said, just eat normal that day and make the next day your dd. this hasn't happened to me yet buy I'm sure it will at some point!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's a down day. I am feeling starved as lunchtime approaches. I am thinking of eating protein today instead of boiled potatoes. And of course, kimchi.
    I'd just listen to what your body wants! I bought some kimchi yesterday and was going to use on eggs but then I saw this recipe on Pinterest Pork Belly and Kimchi Stir-fry - Appetite for China and whoa I need to get my hands on some pork belly stat!
    Veronica

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Fair enough, just friendly advice. But I have to say that I consider myself quite the foodie and I don't view primal eating as a diet. I havent enjoyed eating this much ever so i dont find it restrictive .I totally get going out and indulging everyone once in awhile though. It's just not something I've felt the need for yet in only 3 months of living this lifestyle. Who knows I might be singing a different tune 6 months in lol!
    No, I totally appreciate it. I'm not taking this as a diet either. I'm fine now, but in the beginning I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I did eventually start finding some awesome recipes, and Som and I are back to cooking together on the weekends.

Blessings, dear.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    OK, have officially been following a 5:2 regime for 4 weeks (i.e. 2 fasts per week, 500 cal max these days), and have lost 3kg! My non-fast days I have been eating 1800-2000 calories. So much more than my previous daily allowance of 1300 calories, but it seems to be working?

I wonder if intermittent fasting has the best of both worlds. There is another thread entitle 'women who eat a tonne without gaining' , and some of the ladies there are purposefully eating more to try and increase their metabolisms.

I wonder if IF lets us do this, while still keeping our overall calories low enough so that we don't gain any weight??

I have never lost weight this fast. even when starting something like atkins, or meal replacements, etc, I have NEVER experienced that fast initial weight loss.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Yay Lucy! I like your theory, and hope it's true.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    This ADF business is magic. After eating my weight in sushi last night (seriously, I

just wasnt getting full, so I kept eating) Im down on the scale this morning to a new low: 271.6 oh hell yes! So why does it work that way? One UD I eat eggs, bacon, meats and cashews and gain two lbs of water weight and the next UD I have eggs and bacon in the morning and 3.5 rolls of sushi and I go way down? Weird body. Maybe Tomi is right.... Has nothing to do with what we ate yesterday.....
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Lucy, that could actually be exactly right!

Gladmorning, you go girl!!! WOW, I am so excited for you!

Today starts my 4th week on ADF, and fortunately I've lost the 2 pounds of water weight from Wednesday. So, at the end of 3 weeks, I've lost just over 6 pounds...that's an average of 2+ pounds per week. That's an excellent rate of loss for me and especially considering I've not reached my down day calorie goal yet, lol. I'm going to try to revamp my eating on down days and I may even try a potato on one of them, not sure yet.

My clothes are starting to feel a bit loose, which is great.

Another benefit is that I've severely cut back on the amount of artificial sweeteners I was still using. I'm opting for no sweeteners at all, or just a tiny bit of the real thing, or on just weekends 1 use of the artificial. That's coming down from 2 iced coffees per day with liquid Splenda in them! Yay! LOL

I'm enjoying each meal much more than I ever have...I think that's probably going to be important at some point.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I have been very strictly following the UD/DD recommendations of the calculator on the JUDDD site, and since the end of week 1 my weight has been all over the place. Maybe there's a whoosh coming.

Sounds like everyone is doing great!

My scale went wonky this morning, every time I stepped on it I got a different weight. So either I'm up .6 after my up day, which is normal for me. Or I'm up 1.4 which would piss me off. I gotta go buy new batteries. Oh well, I've been thinking I should only weigh on dd's anyways but I've been a daily weigher the last 10 years so its a hard habit to break! Today is a dd and I'm gonna get out the house and keep busy!
    Veronica