Page 60 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 60

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sabine~ that can be frustrating, I assume since you've been doing ADF for over 6 weeks your body is probably pretty used to it. Maybe try what you said the low carb friends said, eat even more on an up day and see if that helps move the scale. Also I don't know how close you are to goal but the closer you are the more things will slow down unfortunately. Hang in there I know how tough plateaus can be!

Glad morning~ enjoy the sushi but be careful too, from my understanding its not just the rice you gotta watch out for with sushi,but the seasoned rice wine vinegar that has sugars that they put on the rice!

Ekatherine~ i too love 900 calories meals when they happen. Carry on!

Ok so after my dd I'm down another 1.4 lbs(214.4)! My husband( not doing ADF just primal) lost 2 lbs overnight, I think the salmon agreed with both of us! I need to add fish at least weekly to our diets because we've been lacking it for sure! I'm totally looking forward to my ud! Gonna have left over ribs and cole slaw from the other night for lunch and gonna make a cauliflower crust pizza for dinner tonight. Hope everyone has a successful day!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Doing a dd today and I'm experimenting with making it primal-ish Mashing four small hb eggs up with 4 ounces of chicken breast and mixing it together with a bit of ff ranch dressing (the 'ish' part lol). Will eat this throughout the day and it comes to around 500 calories

Is there something else, more primal leaning, that I could use instead of the dressing? I thought of mayo but think that would be pretty high calorie?

Veronica-congrats on the loss!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Down day for me, and a surprise when I was UP in weight this morning, lol. I ate some pretty sodium loaded goodies for dinner, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Doing a dd today and I'm experimenting with making it primal-ish Mashing four small hb eggs up with 4 ounces of chicken breast and mixing it together with a bit of ff ranch dressing (the 'ish' part lol). Will eat this throughout the day and it comes to around 500 calories

Is there something else, more primal leaning, that I could use instead of the dressing? I thought of mayo but think that would be pretty high calorie?

Veronica-congrats on the loss!
    Thanks! You could always make your own ranch, I use this recipe Creamy Ranch Dressing | Mark's Daily Apple but its not low cal. On a dd I tend to stick to protein and veggies to keep the calories low. I hope your dd goes well!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Tried a digestion break day on Wednesday, but there was that crazy thing at work, I had to go home than back to the office, expecting to work very late hours, so ate there on a just walking day ((le sigh)) & got a jump in weight (2.5 lbs) overnight. Doesn't look like any kind of emergency stuff today, so doing a broth and gum and soda day - or an apple with yogurt for supper if it becomes unbearable. Luckily tons of leftovers. Gonna put in at least 90 min walking, and either an elliptical or a walk after work to see if I can be rid of the guest pounds.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Thanks! You could always make your own ranch, I use this recipe Creamy Ranch Dressing | Mark's Daily Apple but its not low cal. On a dd I tend to stick to protein and veggies to keep the calories low. I hope your dd goes well!
    thanks for the recipe! For now I'm not going to worry about it and focus on the big stuff (grains, sugar etc). Down the road I'll start narrowing my focus and start working on the smaller things like condiments, my beloved diet hot cocoa etc But, I do eat ranch dressing a lot, so I think I'll try making this recipe soon and see how I like it!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's a down day. I am feeling starved as lunchtime approaches. I am thinking of eating protein today instead of boiled potatoes. And of course, kimchi.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Question to everyone:

How do you handle holidays/special occasions where there is an expected amount of social eating if it lands on a DD? Skip the DD? Stick to the normal DD calories? Some middle ground?

My mom's birthday dinner is on a DD for me this weekend and I am going to try to stick to 800 calories. What do you think?

Progress here: Lauren Tries Out Alternate Day Fasting

I usually just do two uds in a row and then move on

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Veronica,
    Yeah, I could never taste the sugar on sushi before. Now, I can. But, I'm not going to sweat it. I'm having my sushi, damnit. Ya know, here's my take on it all. I have cut out so much. So many poisons I have deleted from my life. But, there are some things that have benefits which I don't find to be completely horrible. Like sushi. It's the only kind of fish anything I will eat. So, I feel like the fish and the seaweed out weigh the tiny amount of sugar on the rice. Maybe I'm delusional. If I run around denying myself everything outside of meat and veg cooked in a frying pan, I am going to be miserable. At my core, I am a foodie. The whole primal transition was HARD. I love to cook, I love to eat. Mostly I love eating new foods. Being primal really set limits on that. You have no idea how much I miss my "wine, cheese, and bread" nights with Som. We would go to the local artisan bakery and cheese shop and buy a different bread/cheese combo and have it for dinner with wine.

Am I making any sense? It's the same thing with craft beer. I'm still going to have one every now and then. Same thing with high quality cigars. Don't get me wrong, I love this new way of living. I am losing weight like no other time before. I feel better. The biggest change in me is my MOOD. Oh I was so crabby and irritable before. Not so much anymore. I am happy, free of depression and a lot more tolerant than before.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go on a rant. I'm certainly not ranting AT you. I just have to remember through all this that this is my one life. I am not going to walk through it fearing the ingredients in every nugget of food that goes into my mouth. I control it all at home, so when I go out, I just... don't. I only eat Sushi at his place because I know the quality of their food. It's 2nd day fresh fish, and they make all their own sauces and what not. No junk there. Do I eat at generic corporate/fast food joints? Oh hell no. Everything there is crap. But I still go to places where I know the food is quality and fresh made. Not frozen, packaged, etc.

OKOKOKOKOKOKOKKKKK Rant over. Sorry, Ya'll. I'm so upset by this crap in Boston. Just not myself today.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.