Page 58 of 154 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 58

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh, up day up, why must you bring me two pounds heavier. HA! Not going to lie, it's been interesting to see what makes me put on water weight and what doesn't. Of course, I don't know if it's the food or Red Death right around the corner. The best part about ADF and Primal is I no longer sweat the fluctuations. I know within a few UD/DD cycles I will be back to new progress. I am forcing myself to look at monthly goal success instead of the ups and downs every single day. Makes things a lot easier.

I was just thinking to myself yesterday. 2.5 months ago I was 42 lbs heavier. I couldn't see passed the daily struggles when I first started. I couldn't see how this was going to change my life. But, alas, it has. Like so many others. I know in another 2.5 months I will be down more weight, and thinking about the same things.

I've been doing a squat challenge, and I added wall pushups today (not strong enough to do REAL push ups) I can definitely tell you it is a literal pain in the ass! But, it hasn't been complete torture. I feel better doing these kind of "work outs" because I know it really helps in day to day activities. Here is to a successful DD and a less indulgent UD tomorrow
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    That's fantastic Glad! You've had results in a lot of different areas...sometimes I think the mental is the most important!

Today is an up day for me and I'm so happy about that, lol. I don't know what happened to me yesterday...maybe the complete lack of sleep for over a week, but my down day yesterday consisted of about 800 calories. Not horrible and all of it is what I normally eat, so no real indulgences except the honey I had in my tea, but it was still over. I was up a little in weight yesterday and I'm holding onto that today, but it wasn't much so not worried about it.

I finally got some sleep last night and already feel better. I DID have to take a melatonin before bed and I still woke up throughout the night, but I was able to get back to sleep each time unlike the last 7 days, where I was awake from midnight or 1 am each day. Phew.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to report back on my down day on Tuesday. I stuck with my menu, but was hungry all day and drinking tea or bone broth to try to make it through the day. But I did not throw up, my back felt better, and yesterday, I woke up two pounds lighter and an inch of bloat gone.

I also woke up ravenous, which I wasn't prepared for. It was a workout day, and I had to drop weights or reps/time on all my exercises. Had dinner, and had only got up to 800 calories. Oops. So I added a banana, some chocolate and coconut butter which boosted calories up to 1300 for the day. Then I started throwing up before bed.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but this is actually useful information for me. I realize i tend to eat lower fat and/or "pre-chewed" food for breakfast and lunch, then harder to digest, higher fat, more complicated mixtures for dinner. For example, yesterday I had a green smoothie for breakfast (pre-chewed/low fat), and meatballs with ground liver and fermented, mashed sweet potatoes (pre-chewed, low-fat) for lunch. No problems there apart from being hungry. Then dinner was 4 oz roasted lamb and sauteed cabbage. Once I added the treat stuff, I had a mixture of hard to digest meat, fibrous vegetables, high fat from the coconut and sugar from the bananas just resting in my stomach at the end of the day.

I am going to discontinue the alternate day fasting for the moment while I figure out if will be better to try the heavier meal earlier in the day, or if I eat macronutrients at different meals, or go lower fat or have digestive enzymes at dinner. Don't get me wrong; the fasting works, but vomiting every other evening instead of every evening is not my ultimate goal either.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry to hear that Dulcimina. Do you know what causes the throwing up? I have gastroparesis and I have similar symptoms in a flare, so I was just curious.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    That's wonderful vlo!

Toay is a DD and a school day. I'm going to pack some skirt steak and roasted sweet potato chunks for dinner in between classes.

Have a great day everyone.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I slurped down an amazing quantity of diet jello yesterday (made with extra gelatin to up my protein and stretch out the artificial sweetener over a larger quantity). Haven't had that in a while. I forgot how FUN jello is!

I am staying AWAY from chocolate today, even though it is my Up Day. I want a drop soon, and maybe that will help. I'm having a sashimi lunch, and some crock-pot chicken(which I thought was pork chops while it was frozen, but-Surprise!) and coleslaw for dinner tonight. A primal, low-carb day.

I've been doing this for six weeks now. The weight loss has been good, and it is not difficult to stick to, but I was hoping for better relief of my midriff pains. They are decreasing overall, but I am obviously not healed up yet. This is discouraging.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Yesterday was a down day, today my weight is up. Durn. Must be growing muscle. Hopefully I will master those pullups soon. I'm going to stick with the strict calorie counting for the time being. I had 8 ounces of brisket, 3 ounces of cheese, a cup of kimchi, and 4 little squares of chocolate for lunch.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about anyone else, but I find my fast days really variable. It started out easy, then they got really hard - tired, lethargic etc, - and the last few have been really easy again!

Food definitely tastes better after a fast.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Today is middle of the road. I have definitely been hungry, but I have managed it OK. They seem to be gaining in intensity this week. Honestly, taking two UDs in a row, I think, made it harder for me. I will be glad to eat tomorrow, but I don't know WHAT to eat. The only primal food in the house is bacon and eggs. I suppose I can just eat that all day, right?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I made a big dish of fried rice with bacon, chicken breast, and peppers for supper, but couldn't eat it all. I calculated and it should have been about right. My boyfriend will eat the leftovers tomorrow. Looks like I will have to choke down some dessert to meet my UD calorie requirements.