Page 56 of 159 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 56

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    On the JUDDD thread at lowcarbfriends, the general consensus is NOT to recalculate unless you stop losing weight(for at least three weeks). Then try the new lower totals, OR try UPPING your Up Day calories. Strange, but more food on the Up Day (and hence a greater variation in Up and Down Day totals) seems to get some people going again on weight loss after a stall.
    The calorie difference as you lose weight is tiny, probably less than measuring error for the foods you eat. Really, reducing your DD food by 1-2 calories a day is not significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    did you just say I don't have to do such low carb??!! I COULD KISS YOU!! haha
    I ate a yam the other day and upped my carbs to 45 a day and i felt SO much better then at 20 carbs a day.
    I didn't lose weight on 20carbs a day either. thanks for the LINK!
    up: 2100 down: 425
    Yeah, do what feels right. I am eating potatoes only on my DD, with a HFLC lunch and a high carb supper on my up day.

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Leaflard, if you're like me, you'll get a bit frustrated because on my up days I am not hungry enough to eat all that stuff I dreamt about, lol.
    LOL! I was thinking about this on the way home from CrossFit today when I hadn't had anything to eat yet! I was thinking, heck, it's already noon and I haven't eaten yet and am not hungry...then I got home and fired up the stove and stuffed myself with eggs and skirt steak, potatoes in bacon fat and kale. Thing is, now I'm so full and I have soccer tonight, I don't know how I'll get in the remaining 1k calories unless I make fat bombs!

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Also, what do those of you who have chosen set UDs and DDs do on that extra day?

For example, I am going to have Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday be DDs, and Monday, Wed and Friday be UDs. That leaves pesky Sunday. My instinct is to simply do a moderate day that represents the average caloric intake between an UD and a DD which would be 1250 calories. Does that make sense? What do y'all do?

So full of energy today, maybe I'll leave work early and walk home the long way.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I do an every other day rotation, so one week I am eating MWFU, the next week I am eating TRS. If I continue this method, I can see myself enjoying the switch to just two regular days per week, say MR, to make weekends easier.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I'm also doing every other day rotation, but I have been thinking eventually I would do Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and I think I'd do exactly what you said...just the average of the two.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Eating a LOT today. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage for breakfast, cashews in between. Had a brat with some cheese and (yikes) kettle cooked tater chips and getting ready to dinner of bacon and eggs again. Still craving the breakfast foods! I wanted to make potatoes, but I am resisting. I finally calculated my numbers on JUDDD. Mine are approx 2800 on UD and 571 on DD. Well, i don't count, and I'm not going to but it was fun to see what they thought I should be eating.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

jacobhrobertson is offline Junior Member
    Kicking through a plateau this week by trying ADE. Today is my first ever fast of this length, though I've done several 20-24 hour fasts.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobhrobertson View Post
    Kicking through a plateau this week by trying ADE. Today is my first ever fast of this length, though I've done several 20-24 hour fasts.
    A few people have done a complete fast on the down days. Most of us just attempt to eat the number of calories indicated on the JUDDD site calculator. A full fast is not required.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    Also, what do those of you who have chosen set UDs and DDs do on that extra day?

For example, I am going to have Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday be DDs, and Monday, Wed and Friday be UDs. That leaves pesky Sunday. My instinct is to simply do a moderate day that represents the average caloric intake between an UD and a DD which would be 1250 calories. Does that make sense? What do y'all do?
    good question , i do every other day now but i was thinking of having my dd's be MWF and up days be TuThSa & Sun but i wondered how many calories i should eat sunday since saturday is an ud,...... i was thinking about 1285 as well. i just want to relax and have fun on the weekends , not be grouchy cause im hungry!

speaking of over achieving for food on an up day.......i think i went overboard! making bbq ribs and cole slaw which doesn't seem like a big deal. till i realize i have to make the bbq sauce from scratch so it doesn't have HFCS or sugar junk. and then i had to make mayo from scratch for the cole saw because regular mayo is made with crap canola oil. i made the bbq sauce last night but everything else today, too much! but hey now at least i have bbq sauce and mayo in the fridge for the next month!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy