Page 55 of 159 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 55

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Side note: has anyone recalculated since they drops some weight? The juuddd calculator is now telling me a dd is 419 cals and an ud is 2093. However I'm gonna stick to 500 dd and then to 2012 cals instead.
    On the JUDDD thread at lowcarbfriends, the general consensus is NOT to recalculate unless you stop losing weight(for at least three weeks). Then try the new lower totals, OR try UPPING your Up Day calories. Strange, but more food on the Up Day (and hence a greater variation in Up and Down Day totals) seems to get some people going again on weight loss after a stall.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Yay! That's great progress. Do you think it's only from ADF, or have you made other simultaneous changes?
    Just ADF. I don't have a car and live in a city, so I do run most of my daily errands on foot, though.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Question:
    I usually eat around 1500 calories

How do you know what you should have on an UP day vs a down day?

what are the common ratios for IF ? carbs/fat/protein

I'm usually around 65-70 fat/ 5-10 carbs/ 25 protein

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Question:
    I usually eat around 1500 calories

How do you know what you should have on an UP day vs a down day?

what are the common ratios for IF ? carbs/fat/protein

I'm usually around 65-70 fat/ 5-10 carbs/ 25 protein
    Use the calculator here.

You can do low carb if you want, but it is not necessary.

Come on, breathe. Nice, slow deep breath. Let it out. That's right.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Use the calculator here.

You can do low carb if you want, but it is not necessary.

Come on, breathe. Nice, slow deep breath. Let it out. That's right.

did you just say I don't have to do such low carb??!! I COULD KISS YOU!! haha
    I ate a yam the other day and upped my carbs to 45 a day and i felt SO much better then at 20 carbs a day.
    I didn't lose weight on 20carbs a day either. thanks for the LINK!
    up: 2100 down: 425
    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-17-2013 at 12:26 PM.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Hi Yoga11, welcome! Yes, I used the calculator from the link that eKatherine posted. It gave me a ballpark figure to work with. I tend to eat slightly over the down day calories, most down days, but I can't seem to eat all the up day calories they recommend. We have quite a few people posting on this thread, and each of us is doing this in a slightly different way, lol. I'm sticking mostly to primal low carb, but I am less strict on my down days with that. Up days are mostly primal low carb high fat (which may be why I'm not so hungry on my up days).

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Hi Yoga11, welcome! Yes, I used the calculator from the link that eKatherine posted. It gave me a ballpark figure to work with. I tend to eat slightly over the down day calories, most down days, but I can't seem to eat all the up day calories they recommend. We have quite a few people posting on this thread, and each of us is doing this in a slightly different way, lol. I'm sticking mostly to primal low carb, but I am less strict on my down days with that. Up days are mostly primal low carb high fat (which may be why I'm not so hungry on my up days).
    Oh, gotcha~ ok, I guess it's really just not ONE way. just what works for you.

So, up and down days is just another way. Eating window is another way, that can also be added in with the un&down days.

with the "eating window" way... how do you know what calories you should be eating IF you are NOT also adding in the Up and Down

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Oh, gotcha~ ok, I guess it's really just not ONE way. just what works for you.

So, up and down days is just another way. Eating window is another way, that can also be added in with the un&down days.

with the "eating window" way... how do you know what calories you should be eating IF you are NOT also adding in the Up and Down
    That's a bit off-topic here, but I will answer anyway! You eat to satiation with the "eating window" type of IF.

Best to ask those types of questions in the IF thread you started ...

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    On the JUDDD thread at lowcarbfriends, the general consensus is NOT to recalculate unless you stop losing weight(for at least three weeks). Then try the new lower totals, OR try UPPING your Up Day calories. Strange, but more food on the Up Day (and hence a greater variation in Up and Down Day totals) seems to get some people going again on weight loss after a stall.
    if it aint broke dont fix it! got it! didnt want to lower my cals anyways lol!

yoga~welcome! i eat 65% fat/25 %protein/ 10 %carb always ,be it up day or down day. thats the beauty of it nothing has to change except one day is low calorie, one day is high calorie.

252dip~ an easy way to make it to your ud cals would be adding an extra tbsp of butter to something or more cream in your coffee, i always find planning my meal the day ahead and totaling it on myfitness pal helps too. though i have the opposite problem i could easily over eat on an ud!

of course right as im taking my daughter to pre-k a hail storm starts, i got soaked from head to toe and couldnt walk the track at the gym because my shoes felt like giant sponges! got home into time to change to something dry scarf down lunch and now im headed back out the door to go pick her up. crap day!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    That's a bit off-topic here, but I will answer anyway! You eat to satiation with the "eating window" type of IF.

Best to ask those types of questions in the IF thread you started ...

Well, I know that it's best to ask those question in the other thread, but why not ask? aren't we all just trying to get along?

lol