Page 53 of 159 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 53

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    I've noticed that I have more energy on my down days as well. It's kind of weird, lol.
    Yep, that's often referred to as the JUDDD magic Some dds I'm like the energizer bunny lol.

Happy Hippo is offline Junior Member
    I think your body tells you "move fast and catch some food"

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Welp, I'm going to bed earlier tonight. Very hungry DD after those two feasting days. The beginning of the day was ok, but later in the day has been pretty bad. I did crack and have a bite of hamburger from yesterday and 4 cashews. Not a big deal. Tomorrow I am going to have sushi, and it's all I can think about! Gr! Goodnight ADFers.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    had a great dd, i think time flew when i was chatting with a friend. for dinner i felt like tacos so i used a blend of spices to make taco seasoning, threw it in a pan with some ground beef . used boston lettuce as my "shell" then topped with shredded cheese, sour cream and avocados. hello new addition to my menu rotation! dinner was ready in less than 25 mins! not only was it delicious but it only came in at 324 cals! so with my morning coffee with cream im only at 424 cals, still got 76 cals left! before bed im going to eat some deli turkey and a cutie, yay for a good dd cause most of them suck!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hippo View Post
    I think your body tells you "move fast and catch some food"
    "Go kill something."

I had beef brisket, cheddar cheese, and a big bowl of kimchi for lunch. Garlic-and-anchovy rice crust white pizza for supper, grapefruit for dessert. Yum. I'm neither full nor hungry, but I think I will be hungry by bedtime.

Tomorrow morning I will try to run a fast mile. Or sprint.

Ekatherine~ I've been wanting to try kimchi but have no idea what to use it in, do you just eat it straight?
    Veronica

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Mostly I eat it straight, sometimes with seasoned crunchy seaweed on top. I sometimes make a stew to use up overripe kimchi, with beef or chicken and vegetables like carrots and turnips. You can chop it up and make fried rice or omelets with it, too.

My boyfriend considers himself very lucky to have found a white girl who likes kimchi.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    I think brand, material( stretch), and cut can alter how a size fits. I generally consider myself a size when I can go into any store and fit that size across the board. I have an 18 in Targets merona brand that fits , but I have another 18 in their mossimo that while it buttons gives me a terrible muffin top. Same store different fits! Could be though that I think merona is their women's brand and mossimo is their juniors brand, hence more of a low rise jean. Go to a couple of stores to try on stuff!
    Absolutely! Clothing sizes are complete BS. My favourite pair of perfectly-fitting jeans (now tragically torn *weeps*) from a local chain are supposedly a size 12 (US size 8). However, my size 16 (US 12) Gap jeans are way tighter. Manufacturers don't pay the slightest heed to what clothing sizes are technically supposed to be - it's all about vanity labelling.

And the style or cut are all-important. I have a completely sh*t time finding jeans to fit me because I'm big and muscular in the hips/thighs with a comparatively small waist, a classic hourglass. It is SO HARD to find a pair of jeans that are comfy to wear without gaping ridiculously at the waist or back, or making me feel like a big blue sausage by clinging to my heavy legs. Makes me very self-conscious, and I've ended up with many pairs which have turned out to be not quite right, so the search continues...

Anyway, enough whining. Today I'm actually taking a new pair I bought last Friday to the tailor to get the waist taken in professionally so they fit ME, and I'm hopeful I'll finally find some comfort. Wish me luck!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Def gonna pick up some kimchi the next time I go to the store, think ill try it with eggs first!

Sigi~ I think sometimes you just gotta pay to have something tailored so it fits right!
    Veronica

elkay7 is offline Member

7 lbs down!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Welcome Lauren! Do u just eat primal on dd's?
    Veronica - I haven't totally committed to total primal on my DDs. I find most of my diet on DDs ends up being primal though. It probably isn't too far a stretch.

eKatherine - awesome! I am half Korean and luckily my white fiance loves kimchi too. Plus it is so good for you with it's natural probiotics.

Weighed in today and I am down 7 lbs in my first 11 days, down to 172 lbs. Oh my gosssshhhh! My fiance is doing ADF too and is down 5 lbs. Motivation motivation motivation.

Progress on my blog: Lauren Tries Out Alternate Day Fasting