Page 52 of 157 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 52

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I made a discovery! I, out of curiosity, tried on a pair of size 20 jeans today. 2 sizes smaller than Im wearing now. they fit! A little snug, but definitely fit. I ran to the bathroom to examine the pair of size 22's Ive been wracking my brain as to why I cannot fit in to.... Turns out, they are an "average" pair. The 20's, and what I always have to wear are a "tall" pair. Could this be the only reason those 22's dont fit? Or are the 20's sized completely out of wack?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    I think brand, material( stretch), and cut can alter how a size fits. I generally consider myself a size when I can go into any store and fit that size across the board. I have an 18 in Targets merona brand that fits , but I have another 18 in their mossimo that while it buttons gives me a terrible muffin top. Same store different fits! Could be though that I think merona is their women's brand and mossimo is their juniors brand, hence more of a low rise jean. Go to a couple of stores to try on stuff!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Heck, I've had same brand, same style, same size fit totally differently.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Yeah. I also tried on a pair of my mother's dress slacks in 22s and they fit nicely. This is a cue that I really shouldnt be bothered by size because it all varies sooooo much. I can't tell ya how good it felt to slide into those 20's after years of being a 24 or 26. Im embarassed to admit I ever wore a size 26, but that was what fit last spring. Over the summer I slimmed to an easy 24, but by this January I needed butter to fit into my 24's. So, really I was probably back to 26... So technically I guess I have lost a size. Musta just blocked out those 26 days. Yuck

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    I plan on starting 6/1 tomorrow with the 1 being a 40 hour. I already do a 16/8 that is not difficult. But in my research you really need 2 sleep cycles(36hrs) to get the autophagy/igf/sirt benefits. So basically starting now, just water until noonish on tuesday.
    40 hrs done and gone. 6'2 185 to 183. Hopefully I can hold onto 1 lb of loss. I had a heavy lift and sprint session in the middle of it and not problems. I found myself thinking about food a lot, not necessary craving it, just thinking about it.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    40 hrs done and gone. 6'2 185 to 183. Hopefully I can hold onto 1 lb of loss. I had a heavy lift and sprint session in the middle of it and not problems. I found myself thinking about food a lot, not necessary craving it, just thinking about it.
    Nice.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats bobert! I'm going to use kettle bells I bought that come with a DVD I was a little concerned with lifting on a dd but I'm gonna go for it!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

I want to get the "starting strength" videos. I am not a weak woman, by any means, but boy would I like to be stronger. There are so many things I wish I could do by myself around here. I just need a little more strength. I promised myself when I get down to 200 lbs I would hire my neighbor girl as my personal trainer. She went to school for all that cool stuff and I trust her. But, I would like to start at home with some basics and see how I can help myself.

Happy Hippo is online now Junior Member
    I had DD yesterday and did take my class in gym. I think the key is eat carbs(potato for me) day before. Our class not easy, it's like boot camp. I thought I will be extremely hungry because usually I didn't eat in the morning and have 500 cal brunch after gym. But yesterday I just eat one boiled egg and tea. Later at night walk 4 miles.
    I think I have more energy on my DD, and feel very sluggish , sleepy and fat on UD.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed that I have more energy on my down days as well. It's kind of weird, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter