Page 51 of 159 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 51

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I also have been reading this thread, although it got away from me a few pages back....
    I am currently doing a two day per week fast, but considering going to 3 days per week (fasting mon-tues-wed), mainly because it better approximates the ADF which is what the clinical trials etc have used, but avoids the issue of having to fast different days per week, which would drive me crazy - and Mon - Wed-Fri coincides well with days I am out and about and busy, and therefore distracted. I also want to increase my fast days because I love the feeling of the day AFTER the fast day - food tastes AWESOME, more satisfying, and I get a sense of calm about me.

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    I also chose to make my DDs days when I'm out of the house. I recently started school again at the age of 48 and it's fabulous to have that intellectual interaction again as well as a change of scenery. So, I'm using school days as DDs and since I CrossFit and play soccer or swim on the other days, I chose those as my UDs. Lucy, you're also bang-on about being more grateful and appreciative of good food on UDs, I know I feel this way.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I cooked a pound of potatoes for myself in advance. I don't know why I thought that was going to be enough. It was about 325 calories, and I was supposed to eat 376, which would have been enough. I ended up eating a small meatball, but next time I will cook up enough potatoes.

Seeing more abs here and more hourglass shape.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I always stall, get frustrated and give up around 20-25lbs mark. But, here I am 42 lbs down and still cookin'. I can almost see the disbelief on their faces. It's a wonderful thing.
    Woot! Great progress. It's nice when it finally, FINALLY clicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Discovered something this morning at Aldi, which I think will fit nicely into Down Day menus: wild-caught salmon fillets, 4oz each at 100K, with 20g protein.
    Aldi must do this worldwide - they sell them here in Australia too. I buy their salmon most weeks - it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    I love the support and kindness of this thread. Thank you for being so inclusive!
    Welcome Leaflard!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hi Leaflard and Lucy. Always good to see more people giving this a try.

I was really satisfied by the salmon, and kind of surprised that I was. I mean, it was only 133 calories with my teaspoon of mayonaise. I guess the combination of protein and fats was just right. It kept me feeling, not FULL exactly, but stomach-happy for at least four hours. Then I got hungry, but too busy to eat, and finished off with a spinach salad at dinner time. A pretty good Down Day.

My weight is essentially bouncing between two numbers. I am looking forward to the next dip PAST my regular low. I think now that my period is past, it will be coming soon, as long as I do nothing foolish.

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    I felt like I ate like a linebacker yesterday [2000 calories] and when I finally was able to get into bed near midnight [had to pick my partner up from the airport], I was hungry! Crazy times LOL Anyway, I'm not hungry now and this enormous mug of black coffee that's sitting in front of me is what I most want. I'm about to start my 1.5 hour commute to school in half an hour. I hope you all have non-stressful and satisfying days.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Heyoo Leaflard and Lucy! Can't wait to hear of your success!

I'm not even going to GLANCE at the scale today. I was very bad yesterday evening. Oh so VERY bad. Som and I went out for our 2 year anniversary. We went to a place that has won awards for the best Pork Tenderloins in Iowa. Now, this is a huge deal. You won't really find "pork tenderloin sandwich" on menus outside of Iowa. It's really an Iowa thing seeings how we raise so much (factory) pork. Anyway, I was reading the menu and it said they had won "Best Pork Tenderloin in Iowa" award three years in a row. So, what did I do? I ordered it. And I ate it. And it was marvelous. Marvelous fried slab of pork on a too small bun with a side of steak fries like I've never had. Yeah... I ate half of it. By the time I got home, I was paying for it too.

TMI- but I hadn't had a BM in over a week... until last night. The wheat blast from that sandwich made sure it happened. I'm feeling... just "ok" this morning. I notice I am a bit puffy, I FEEL heavier (bloat) and a little hazy instead of my morning clarity. I have absolutely no urge to eat or consume anything outside coffee. I know I will be paying for this on the scales for at least a week.

But, oh well. It's over now. It was my anniversary. Ya know, though, I do this kind of thing every so often, maybe once a month and I always wind up feeling the same kind of shitty afterward... why do I keep doing it? Old habits die hard, I suppose.

A group of friends started a "30 day squat challenge." I got to 25 before my knees were screaming! This is an improvement from when I first started primal. I tried squats and got to 10 before my knees were howling. Guess 42 lbs does make a difference, even if not in pants size.

Blessings to ya'll and have a good day!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm down a pound since yesterday! I did go way over my down day calories...650 instead of 550, but I figure that wasn't too bad. I DID reinforce in my mind that I am NOT completely over stress eating, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    I love the feeling of the day AFTER the fast day - food tastes AWESOME, more satisfying, and I get a sense of calm about me.
    Welcome! Yes, THIS! I notice that I truly do enjoy my food on the up days! I used to shovel food in, but I'm really enjoying it much more and my appetite does not increase on up days like I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I cooked a pound of potatoes for myself in advance. I don't know why I thought that was going to be enough. It was about 325 calories, and I was supposed to eat 376, which would have been enough. I ended up eating a small meatball, but next time I will cook up enough potatoes.

Seeing more abs here and more hourglass shape.
    Congrats on the abs!! During my first few down days I tried 3 bite-sized potatos, but I'm thinking on one of my down days next week, I may try a big one for lunch at work. I'm curious to see if it would keep me fuller...I've had a longstanding belief carbs make me hungrier, but I'm wondering if it's just the type of carb.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    I came to this practice after doing a couple of day long fasts to give my digestive system a rest after a dietary insult(not to be mentioned at this time, but you can look at my journal if you must know. )
    This is where I'm at also. I could stand to lose another 15lb or so, but the main reason for trying this is to give my stomach a break. I went to the doctor's office for a massage, and now my entire back hurts, especially my middle back. So my stomach hurts too right where my back hurts the worst. Yay for 360 deg pain! I'm not sure if the back pain is causing the stomach pain or if the stomach pain would have been there regardless and just feels worse because of the back issue.

Ideally, I would skip lunch, but I came to work prepared just in case. So far, I've had two cups of bulletproof tea (1tsp of butter and MCT oil/cup) for breakfast. For lunch, I brought 28g smoked salmon, 115g cucumber, a 90 calorie package of guacamole (I'll eat half) and roasted seaweed sheets. Oh, I almost forgot. I also brought bone broth spiced with mustard seeds, cinnamon and pepper, and some kind of dried, shredded tree fungus mushrooms. And more tea. Like I said: prepared.

For dinner, the plan is beef stir fry.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well its confirmed me and wine dont get along! im up 1.4 lbs after yesterdays ud, yikes! im thinking it was the 4 oz glass of wine that did it as ive had my coffee ice cream on an ud before and havent had a problem. sad cause i love a glass from time to time and since ill be trying to get pregnant soon i kinda wanted to enjoy some before i cant anymore. but im not willing to see my weight go up so asta la vista wine! so basically the 1.4 that i dropped from my dd put back on......booo!

i watched the dr mosely pbs video, very inspiring, makes me feel like we're on the right track with ADF!

welcome leaflard! 100lbs is amazing, i hope ADF helps you with that last 30!

seems a couple of us hit some bumps yesterday, shake it off today is a new day. ive only been at this for 12 days but what helps me stick to my down day is sheer iron will, am i hungry? hell yea! does it matter? hell no! we gotta do what we gotta do!

heres to a good dd!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy