Page 5 of 157 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 5

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Into my DD. Just fine as normal. I never get hungry until around noon, so I'll have to deal with it then. However, I have to go to work so I will be quite busy. I have done a few 24 hour fasts now, so I am not expecting anything out of the ordinary. Of course, this will be more like 36 hours before I eat again. I last ate some grapes about 7pm last night.

It's fun to do this with other folks. I have been weighing myself everday, but yesterday was an interesting day. One Guinness draft beef, some grapes and raspberries (which I NEVER eat) and a lot of roast chicken. Ok. I roasted one of my own chickens, and I have never successfully roasted a chicken, but this boy turned out SO GOOD. YUM!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yes. But, I would note that I did something to cause that. I usually eat VLC (10-12 carbs avg/day). I "fell" into cashews, which both shot up my carbs (49 g) and it's a food I know I react poorly to.

Here's my trend so far (I unfortunately missed several days as a result of business travel):
    DNW
    DNW
    DNW
    DNW
    Last edited by RMS123; 03-27-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    That will do, if as you say, it continues.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My Honey has just completed his 5th DD. I think he has lost 2 pounds(he doesn't write down, crazy guy!) I just finished my 11th. In that time, I have gone down 9 pounds. I don't expect to show much change in the next week and a half, due to my point in my menstrual cycle. While lying in the bath last night, I realized that if I can lose an average of one pound per week, I will be at my goal weight by Christmas. Somehow, it seems very do-able.

Gladmorning- good to see you joining us. I found the true fasts much easier to do than the eat-25%days.

The only calories I will consume today are the bits of regular milk in my coffee. So, maybe 50 calories total. Just by changing over to primal I have lost down to my first mini goal. 30 lbs down. My BIG goal is 100 lbs down. My ideal body weight is 180 lbs on my 6ft large framed body. I will never be a skinny petite woman. Sometimes I feel like it was meant to be this way considering what I have chosen for my life path.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    It's fun to do this with other folks. I have been weighing myself everday, but yesterday was an interesting day. One Guinness draft beef, some grapes and raspberries (which I NEVER eat) and a lot of roast chicken. Ok. I roasted one of my own chickens, and I have never successfully roasted a chicken, but this boy turned out SO GOOD. YUM!
    I know this is a typo, but I want it.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I started this yesterday to lose the "last 5 pounds" that crept on over the winter. I had been eating under 100 gms of carbs and cycling calories, but my progress was a bit too slow!

So I ate one meal yesterday & some cream in my frequent decaf teas and some chicken broth & gelatin in the eve (about 600 calories total.)

I went on a gentle hike for about 2 hours after my meal.

I could deal with the hunger, no problem, but this morning I woke up at 8 with "funny" vision--like you can get pre-migraine and a mild headache (I rarely have headaches/migraines.)

Is this a normal symptom? Like detoxing? I've never had this before on my 16-20 hour IFs.

The funny vision went away after eating. Still have a slight headache.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 03-27-2013 at 08:14 AM.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I dont see any reaaon this would be much different than fasting as far as side effects go. I would guess sinus issues if it happened to me.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I dont see any reason this would be much different than fasting as far as side effects go. I would guess sinus issues if it happened to me.
    Well, when I was IFing, I wasn't consciously dropping my calories so low. I usually ate 1500-1700.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I know this is a typo, but I want it.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ya know, I have actually brined a turkey in Guinness. Yes. It is as amazing as it sounds.

Page 5 of 157 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast