Page 49 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 49

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    I plan on starting 6/1 tomorrow with the 1 being a 40 hour. I already do a 16/8 that is not difficult. But in my research you really need 2 sleep cycles(36hrs) to get the autophagy/igf/sirt benefits. So basically starting now, just water until noonish on tuesday.
    Good luck, I don't think I could do it!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Watching Food Matters on Netflix, so far it seems like it has a raw vegan agenda..... What's a good documentary to watch?

I'm down another 1.4 lbs from my dd yesterday, 215.2 lbs!!! I made my first goal! Gonna keep it going for sure!
    Veronica

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    On Netflix, you can watch "Fathead" with Ted Naughton, if you have not already seen it.

On youtube, you can watch Dr. Mosely's programs, one on exercise and one on his 5:2, both are good. I have a link in my journal if you are interested in these.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Watching Food Matters on Netflix, so far it seems like it has a raw vegan agenda..... What's a good documentary to watch?

I'm down another 1.4 lbs from my dd yesterday, 215.2 lbs!!! I made my first goal! Gonna keep it going for sure!
    FRESH is a great movie! Primal-friendly. Features my hero Joel Salatin.

Congrats on reaching your goal!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    I plan on starting 6/1 tomorrow with the 1 being a 40 hour. I already do a 16/8 that is not difficult. But in my research you really need 2 sleep cycles(36hrs) to get the autophagy/igf/sirt benefits. So basically starting now, just water until noonish on tuesday.
    Welcome to the group!

Yeah, I don't tell a lot of people anymore for the same reasons, lol. I have so many medical dietary issues anyway that most people stopped caring what I eat a long time ago...one more thing doesn't throw them at all.

Congratulations Veronica!!

As expected, I was up a little today, but not by much and it's a down day so I fully expect to get rid of all that (whatever it is, lol) today.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    On Netflix, you can watch "Fathead" with Ted Naughton, if you have not already seen it.

On youtube, you can watch Dr. Mosely's programs, one on exercise and one on his 5:2, both are good. I have a link in my journal if you are interested in these.
    I second the "Fathead" recommendation. Very entertaining and informative.

I was a bit hesitant to watch it because it's not exactly "high quality production", but it didn't have to be to get the point across.

Jake
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

thanks demuralist! ive been meaning to watch the dr. mosely one.

dragonfly~ thanks! is FRESH on netflix?
    Veronica

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post

I frankly don't care to discuss my weight, health and diet issues with people in my life. If I'm actively trying to lose weight, I don't like bringing it to others' attention. I've lost and then inevitably regained enough times over the years to become quite private about it. It's all very nice to have encouragement and compliments from friends, family and colleagues when "succeeding", but the sympathetic silence when regaining becomes obvious just sucks.
    Oh lordy, am I right there with you. Two years ago when was on a low cal diet, and going to the gym every day, struggling to lose every single ounce, my sister's comment was this, "So, are you actually going to stick with it this time?" That really hurt me. I don't think she realizes how much. So, when I first started primal I played it off as a solution to my gluten intolerance. Which it really was! I didn't expect to be losing this much weight. With the first 25lbs down the fam started to notice, and ask questions. By this time I was so passionate about primal that I started babbling away about it. This was risky for me. I always stall, get frustrated and give up around 20-25lbs mark. But, here I am 42 lbs down and still cookin'. I can almost see the disbelief on their faces. It's a wonderful thing. I hope I didn't come off as preachy in my first post to you. I just don't want people to feel like they can't live their lives because of other people. But, now that you've explained further, I COMPLETELY get it. I was/am in the same boat. Blessings to you, darling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

Gladmorning- tried your ribbon trick for my jeans, and it is working great- thanks. Also, don't be surprised if your weight is up after your telephone pole escapade. You might have plenty of water retention going on while your muscles deal with the repair.
    I'm glad this worked for you as well. They say laziness is the mother of all invention.... well, I say it's frustration and desperation Fortunately, I didn't gain yesterday. Woke up exactly the same at 273.4. Whoopie! So, for me, I need to remember that if I am going to eat like I am going to the electric chair, I just need to add some serious heavy lifting, and I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    FRESH is a great movie! Primal-friendly. Features my hero Joel Salatin.
    This is the movie that inspired me to start my farm two years ago. I was so moved, I was literally in tears sitting in my city apartment. It all just made so much sense. So, here I am, and I owe it all to that movie to open my eyes. I distinctly remember sitting in my dark apartment, alone, bingeing on an entire large pizza hut pizza. By the end of the movie, I felt sick that I had eaten it. It wasn't the turning point for my diet, but it was certainly the beginning of my new life. I try to have everyone watch it now. That and farmageddon.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Last week I did an carb refeed and felt weird and gross the rest of the night. It took me a week for my weight to come back down. About 3 hours after yesterday evening's 800 calorie carb meal I pulled out my new blood glucose meter: 112.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    thanks demuralist! ive been meaning to watch the dr. mosely one.

dragonfly~ thanks! is FRESH on netflix?
    I think so. If not, it is on Amazon's movie viewer. If you have Amazon Prime, it is free.