Page 48 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 48

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's been a fabulous up day. For dinner I had rice pasta, tomato sauce, and meatballs, all things I haven't been able to fit into my diet in eons. Plus spinach, and dessert! I had sorbet and a couple of meringues, and I have 125 calories to go. I guess I'll have a couple of squares of chocolate. And a piece of fruit.

I feel like I'm eating too many calories, but I know a lot of people feel that way. But today has been a blast. If it turns out I need to crank them down, it was worth it.

For tomorrow's DD I am steaming potatoes. It's going to be a potato hack down day.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's been a fabulous up day. For dinner I had rice pasta, tomato sauce, and meatballs, all things I haven't been able to fit into my diet in eons. Plus spinach, and dessert! I had sorbet and a couple of meringues, and I have 125 calories to go. I guess I'll have a couple of squares of chocolate. And a piece of fruit.

I feel like I'm eating too many calories, but I know a lot of people feel that way. But today has been a blast. If it turns out I need to crank them down, it was worth it.

For tomorrow's DD I am steaming potatoes. It's going to be a potato hack down day.
    Gotta love an up day!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    idk if you have the primal cookbook but that has a recipe for cream of broccoli soup that i make all the time and we love. its really easy and only has a few ingredients. my broccoli hating husband requests it!
    I don't have it, but I may have to get it, lol. I thought it would be so easy, but it just was tasteless even though I seasoned it well.

I fully expect to be up in weight tomorrow...I'm way under my up day calories, but I have a weird "I'm thirsty" feeling in my mouth even though I'm drinking water and I'm pretty sure it's from all the salt I've had today, lol. Oh well.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Well gals, I'm writing to you while drinking a GF beer *GASP* Oh NOS! Hahaha, whatever, right? It's freaking delicious and I haven't had a beer in over a month. This is the only non primal thing I've consumed today.

Break fast was GF sausage and eggs made in lard

Lunch was primal carbo refeed pizza topped with bacon, mushrooms, spinach and broccoli and... lots of cheese. YUM!

Had a handful of baked chips and 3 squares of dark choc. YUM

I've munched on cashews all freakin' day. Now this beer. I don't feel as though I've over eaten, but I have eaten a lot. Probably not over calories, but definitely a lot of carbs. Oh wells! It's been an awesome day.

I DEFINITELY exceeded my "life heavy things" requirement. We cleaned out a deep bedded stall then proceeded to lift and carry 200 lb fence posts and set them in the ground. These posts are old (25 years + old) telephone poles. Bad boys are so dang heavy. Moved 15 of them and I am absolutely wiped out. This garden fence is going to be like fort freaking knox. Hooah!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    15 telephone poles probably ate up all you ate today, lol

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Yep. I can already feel my sore muscles in my abdomen, shoulders and chest. Oh tomorrow. tomorrow is going to be interesting.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    I plan on starting 6/1 tomorrow with the 1 being a 40 hour. I already do a 16/8 that is not difficult. But in my research you really need 2 sleep cycles(36hrs) to get the autophagy/igf/sirt benefits. So basically starting now, just water until noonish on tuesday.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Sigi, welcome and good luck! There is a lot of support to go around here, and I hope it goes well for you.

I do my DDs at work. They ask me, "aren't you going to eat anything?" I just say, "nope, not hungry today." They haven't picked up on the every other day pattern. People are going to ask you, because THEY are eating and it might very well make them uncomfortable that you're not. Don't let work and social situation rule you. Do what you need to do for YOU.

When I first went primal, I was so nervous of social events. I didn't know what to say, how to eat, what to order, how to decline food/drink. By the time I went ADF, I honestly couldn't give a crap. If people ask, and REALLY want to know beyond short term curiosity beyond why I'm not eating, I tell them. My whole family knows and is actually quite supportive of it. They eat and I am merry with them. Other people usually give me the bug eye, and I just suggest they look up the science behind regular fasting.

Again, good luck to you. Hope it helps break your stall.
    Thanks for your good wishes, Gladmorning.

I don't let my work situation rule me, I simply find it a lot easier to fast when I'm not in the office. I guess being behind a computer for 8 hours a day leaves me vulnerable to the lure of a food-related distraction, particularly if I'm having a less-than-thrilling day. And sitting quietly makes me more aware of hunger too. Easier to ignore it when I'm on the go and busy.

I frankly don't care to discuss my weight, health and diet issues with people in my life. If I'm actively trying to lose weight, I don't like bringing it to others' attention. I've lost and then inevitably regained enough times over the years to become quite private about it. It's all very nice to have encouragement and compliments from friends, family and colleagues when "succeeding", but the sympathetic silence when regaining becomes obvious just sucks.

So at the moment I'm not in a headspace where I want to even begin discussing Primal foods or why I am fasting with my work colleagues. If I happen to reach (and maintain) the weight I want, then I imagine some questions may be asked and eventually the opportunity to share a little of what works for me and why will arise. I can then choose whether or not I want to do so. (Can you tell I'm no proselytiser?)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I virtually never discuss my diet with anyone, especially at work. Now that is hard because I have a colleague who just went through treatment for cancer and has many ailments and illnesses. She eats junk, not just you know the typical sandwiches and chips for lunch kind of junk, but sticky buns and donuts for breakfast kind of junk. The kind of stuff that everyone across all dietary recommendations admits is junk. She is heavier than I am, but the point to me is that sugar feeds cancer, so it is hard to hold my tongue, but I do. None of my business, and I am pretty sure she knows that at least the donuts and sticky buns are a really bad idea, so I doubt anything I say would make a difference.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, Sigi! Nice to see you here.

Ekatherine- what a fabulous salad. Mmmm.

Gladmorning- tried your ribbon trick for my jeans, and it is working great- thanks. Also, don't be surprised if your weight is up after your telephone pole escapade. You might have plenty of water retention going on while your muscles deal with the repair.

We told a friend yesterday what we are doing. Mostly, because Honey was with me, and he will talk about his diet to anyone. But also because she is Indian, and fasting is an acceptable part of her culture, so she didn't give any 'you are crazy' vibes off when we mentioned it, so more detail came out.

A rather snacky Up Day for me yesterday. I still feel somewhat stodgy and full. Looking forward to not eating much today, but I am going to eat a little, since my last Fasting Down Day was so tricky. Maybe I will try doing just one of those per week, see how my body likes that. I started off with my first five Down Days being fasts, and the one I did last week was great. But by number three this go round, not so easy. I wonder if I am really into a weight loss mode now? Or if it was just a normal variation?

In any case, I am planning some egg and vegetable meals for today. Still musing over what exactly. I like the broth hot-and-sour idea.