Page 47 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 47

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yep, I am eating "normally" on the weekends. Essentially, mostly, primal and low carb but not strictly.

Yes there is a downward trend. This morning after an ud I was the same as yesterday, 1.4 down after the last ud, and down 6.2 since the first of the month. Now, given the upward trend I was on with everything else I have tried in the past year and a half, this makes me very happy. And add that I get to eat "normally" 4 days out of every 7, well that makes me down right ecstatic!

I decided to do it this way because it is much easier for me to do a dd on a work day. I would normally eat lunch alone at my desk, now I just don't. I have never been a big fan of breakfast, and have done some version of a smoothie for years, now I just drink coffee and tea with a (measured) splash of half and half on my dd's.

p.s. I do still track everything I eat, and weigh most everything. I can't mentally let that data get lost, such that a year from now if I hit a plateau, I can look back and be reminded of what was working.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-14-2013 at 10:20 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I just had a giant 1000 calorie salad.

My boyfriend looked at it and said, that must be your only meal today. And I was like, no, I get supper, too!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    pretty! glad it is an ud for me, my tummy just growled and my salivary glands kicked in.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Just finished polishing off a slab of primal pizza. Oh yes, oh yum. I am even going to have some dark choc. Tonight. something I never allow myself.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    well ive made it till 3:30 but i am starving! doesnt help we hit up trader joes and costco today to stock up on staples. so ive been looking at food all day! gonna make this The Cavemom Chronicles - Primal Meatloaf with mashed cauliflower for dinner.

demuralist~ congrats on the 6.2 lbs! seems like this is really working for all of us! i want to experiment with just eating normal on the weekends cause lets face it having a dd on the weekend sucks! but im having such great progress im scared to switch it up just yet, its good to know you've had success with it.

ekatherine~ that salad looks awesome but doesn't look like it would have 1000 cals, is it because of the egg yolks?
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes! Missed that! Demuralist, that is so wonderful. Gosh I hope that trend continues for you.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    ekatherine~ that salad looks awesome but doesn't look like it would have 1000 cals, is it because of the egg yolks?
    The egg yolks had the most calories.

3 oz Baby Spinach 20
    4 slices Bacon 108
    1.5 oz Cheddar Cheese 169
    4 oz cooked Chicken Breast 184
    6 large Egg Yolk 328
    2/3 tbsp Olive Oil 80
    8 oz raw Tomatoes 37
    0.3 oz Walnuts 56

I ground up some brisket scraps and am making meatballs.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Oh man, that salad looks fantastic!!

Congratulations Demuralist!

Well, count me as another who is happy it's an up day, lol. I made an attempt at broccoli soup which turned out, um, yucky, so I slapped 5 pieces of pepperoni into a pan, put some cheese on top and that was lunch, lol. Dinner will be fried (no flour) chicken livers and maybe the rest of the fresh broccoli that didn't get wasted on the yucky soup, sauteed with some fresh mushrooms in Kerrygold garlic herb butter.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The egg yolks had the most calories.

3 oz Baby Spinach 20
    4 slices Bacon 108
    1.5 oz Cheddar Cheese 169
    4 oz cooked Chicken Breast 184
    6 large Egg Yolk 328
    2/3 tbsp Olive Oil 80
    8 oz raw Tomatoes 37
    0.3 oz Walnuts 56

I ground up some brisket scraps and am making meatballs.
    That is an awesome salad!

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post

Well, count me as another who is happy it's an up day, lol. I made an attempt at broccoli soup which turned out, um, yucky, so I slapped 5 pieces of pepperoni into a pan, put some cheese on top and that was lunch, lol. Dinner will be fried (no flour) chicken livers and maybe the rest of the fresh broccoli that didn't get wasted on the yucky soup, sauteed with some fresh mushrooms in Kerrygold garlic herb butter.
    idk if you have the primal cookbook but that has a recipe for cream of broccoli soup that i make all the time and we love. its really easy and only has a few ingredients. my broccoli hating husband requests it!

had dinner at 5:40 , hope it will keep me full through bed time. if not melatonin here i come!

bought a rack of ribs from costco but haven't tried any recipes yet for a primal bbq sauce, can anyone suggest a good one?
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy