Page 46 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 46

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    I've posted before that I did ADF for 2 years to lose my last 100 lbs, and I thought I'd add some 'tips' that worked for me.

Many people on the board I was on at the time, ate only once on DDs and at the end of the day. I can't do that. I happen to be a morning person, and breakfast is my biggest (and favorite) meal of the day. I typically had 400 cal DDs, and I normally ate 200 of those cal. at breakfast. At first I was afraid to eat so much so early, but I found that eating to my own 'biorhythms' worked. I just wasn't hungry later on and often stayed at 350 cal.

I ate almost exclusively protein--tuna and egg whites. My 50 cal 'meal' was 1/2 cup of egg whites microwaved in a soup mug for a mini-omelet. I also found that bone broth was very filling--I added vinegar and hot sauce to get a 'hot and sour' flavor (that I like), and it turned out to be a great appetite suppressant.

My point is that people should eat in a way that works best for them on a DD. I used to divide up my remaining calories into 50-cal. mini-meals that I ate whenever I seemed to 'need' some food.

Another technique that I didn't believe would work--and did--is that in the late afternoon or evening when I felt hungry, it was usually just a 'craving.' That is, the actual physical hunger of a DD wasn't at all unpleasant, it was the desire for a specific food (which is a sign of a craving rather than hunger) that was annoying. I'd say to myself, "I'll have that tomorrow." And I found that tended to banish the craving. Although I fully intended to keep my promise and eat it the next day, I rarely found that I wanted it any more.
    Emmie your a huge inspiration to me. since my thyroidectomy I had major doubts that I would ever be able to lose weight again. But your success has shown me that it can be done with preserverance. I'm so glad you took the time to post to my newbie" woe is me why am I not losing thread" lol! I'm so glad to have found ADF and I hope it continues to help me toward my goals!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

PrimalFocus is offline Member
    Very helpful! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    I've posted before that I did ADF for 2 years to lose my last 100 lbs, and I thought I'd add some 'tips' that worked for me....

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Emmie! So glad you are here on this forum. (kisses)

PrimalFocus is offline Member
    Hi - Well, I've hit the two week mark. So far a 4.5lb loss. I've been gaining/losing the same 1.5lbs on the UD/DD cycle for the past week. However, I am comfortable with this as the swings are less dramatic than I had been experiencing in the up direction prior to starting ADF. Hopeful for a "whoosh" down into a new, lower pattern.

DDs are not terribly difficult in terms of hunger. I have been splitting my calories between lunch and dinner. The challenge is more low energy and brain fog in the afternoon. I have been focusing on protein rich foods on DDs. We'll see how today goes as a DD.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Sigi!

252dip~ yay for another lb!

Ekatherine~ congrats on the 1.6 lbs! I'm glad you had a good dd!

Primal focus~ 4.5lbs is awesome!

It's my dd today and i was actually glad for it! Last night my husband got chipotle for dinner and I had a salad with meat, lettuce, peppers, onions, hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole. So all primal except I think I heard somewhere that chipotle uses soybean oil( blech!). So considering I'm a purist and would say I'm 99/1 primal all the time( i never consume wheat anymore period!)I thought I'd give in to this meal that was maybe 80/20 but kept me within my ud calories. Big mistake! Almost immediately my stomach hurt and it sent me to the bathroom! I had stomach and lower back pains all night long and I found myself thinking I can't wait to not eat tomorrow! Crazy talk coming from me lol!

Haven't weighed myself yet but I expect to be up, here ill go check hang on..........well apparently I know nothing, I'm down another .8lbs! Maybe all those bathroom trips(gross!). Ok guys it's a lazy Sunday and I think my daughters cold from earlier in the week finally hit me. Ive got a super sore throat , sneezing,and a bad headache. I need to keep busy to keep my mind off of food till dinner but I just want to lay around all day instead :/
    Last edited by vlo1125; 04-14-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Thanks 252!

Oh I just did a desperate this. I am in between pants sizes as ya'll know. My current jeans are so loose and baggy on my waist/hips, they keep falling down. I dont have a belt. So, I took a piece of fabric scrap from my sewing table. Looped it through the button hole, skipped the actual button and tied it to the first belt loop. Viola. New sized pants. I tied it in a tight bow so When I have a potty emergency I dont get in to trouble. Hehe.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I suggest you watch the Dr Mosely you tube videos. They are long but interesting. And for me they were motivational. Dont let one bad dd derail you. Even at 300 calories it is way under your BMR right?
    Yes it was...thanks demuralist! I am not giving up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Sabine, I have had a few down days in which I was actually lighter at the end of the day. But it doesnt happen a lot.

I guess yesterday was alright! New low of at least three years- 273.2. -1lb down from yesterday. Of course, I bet ya I'll be up 2-3 lbs by the end of the weekened.
    Gladmorning that is amazing! Yea for you! What a wonderful feeling when you reach a point like that. Love your pants solution too. You will get to the next size!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Hello everyone and welcome to the newbies and a huge thanks to our experienced losers!

I put my story in my journal, but I just have to say, and I am shocked that I am saying it, but I am really enjoying this way of eating. I am doing my dd's on M-W-F and I eat an evening meal. I drink tons during the down day, this works for me even though I know for some of you it is not so effective, and don't drink nearly as much on my ud's-so I think it is balancing just like the calories do.

I am loving learning to discern between hunger and cravings, and finding out that real hunger comes in waves-doesn't stay long-and is not painful.

Love the continued support-GO US!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    So you are eating normally on weekends? I think that makes sense for me at least most weekends.

I do like this way of eating! There is something very freeing about it
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chris, have you seen any downward trend on the scale?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.