Page 44 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 44

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Feeling tired, hungry, and bored. I still have plenty of things to do on my list, just feeling cranky.

So, what better than to come on MDA and complain?!

I'm planning my meals for tomorrow, and so far I've come up with salmon and coleslaw, bratwurst and rotkohl, quiche, a chef salad. Rats. That's FOUR meals. And I didn't even put in the frosting experiment. Choices, choices.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Do you think fasting might help with feeling fatigue constantly...perhaps just start off with a morning fast and build it up to skipping breakfast/lunch?
    Have you had your vitamin D tested? Symptoms of a deficiency include fatigue, depression and being lethargic. I'm deficient and working with my doctor to get my number in the normal range. A LOT of people are low and don't realize it. A simple blood test can tell.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    OMG, Sabine, I am not sure why but I always start planning food when I am on dd. In the Starvation Experiment that Ancel Keyes did, most of the men spent their spare time looking at cook books and magazines with recipes and pictures of food. They became absolutely obsessed. mmmm

Lizard, along with Vitamin D, and I know it is counter intuitive on a Primal diet, but have them check your iron-mine is actually low, but I am not big into organ meats, you know from animals, right?

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    OHMYGOSH! Red Death must be near. Today has been the worst dd yet. So munchy. I keep taking nibbles of things. Half way through the day I contemplated making today a UD, but I fought it as much as possible. Probably nibbled my way into 500cal. A couple nuts, a couple bites of dark choc, goat milk, pepperoni.... yeesh. Talk about complete lack of will power. I haven't had a day go like this before. This is not hunger. This is pure munchie attack which I haven't suffered in over a month. Yuck. Don't expect anything from the scale tomorrow. Stupid cycle.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Okay confession time. My last DD was Thursday (today being Saturday). I was sooooo hungry I ended up eating over my calories by about 300 (I think). And it sent a chain reaction. So...I decided to just get through the weekend and start over again on Monday. I had what I thought was a 6 pound loss then a 4 lb gain and have stayed steady all week which is very frustrating. I know that the weight I am now has been my body's go to weight for close to 20 years with some movement up and down so breaking past this is hard. I am at 178 now. If I can get below 170 I believe I can start really losing again.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I understand that! Every time in the last three years ive "dieted" down to 280 never could get under it until now. This is my weekend to eat freely staying within primal as much as possible. Its anniversary weekend for boyfriend and I, so we want to cook some special things. There will be primal carbs, and a lot of them. Oh well. I dont care. Remember guys, this isnt all about weight loss. Remember to just enjoy yourselves every now and then. I am going to struggle through the rest of this dd the best I can, then relax over my weekend.

Blessings to you all!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I have the feeling that if you lose weight too fast, eventually your hunger will catch up with you. Just a feeling.

I ate all my DD calories today. Tomorrow I will attempt to eat all my UD calories.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I suggest you watch the Dr Mosely you tube videos. They are long but interesting. And for me they were motivational. Dont let one bad dd derail you. Even at 300 calories it is way under your BMR right?

I think its just been one of those days. Does anyone like weighing at the end of the day, too? I do sometimes. For me its a fun game to see how much I gain throughout the day, even though I know it has no effect on my morning fasted weight. Tonight I was only 1/2 lb heavier than this morning. On eating days Im anywhere betwenn 3-5 lbs heavier. Still want to know where that weight goes by the morning.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    5:45 pm on my dd and I felt so wiped out/brain foggy from my period that I decided to eat some scrambled eggs and a cup of tea w/sugar.

Yay! Much happier and maybe at 700 cal for the day. Good for me!