Page 43 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 43

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Potatoes didn't have a massive effect on my weight. Only up .2 of a pound.
    I know it's not what you meant, but:

What if we combine all of these fads into one? A warrior potato leptin iodine up-day/down-day cold-thermogenesis leave-a-bite-on-the-plate vote-for-moderate-candidate non-gmo single-farm-sourced fair-trade-certified locally-grown leangains bulletproof intermittent fast? Let's all try it together and see who gets the hungriest the fastest and who gains how much weight back! Come on everyone, it will be so much fun!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I know it's not what you meant, but:

What if we combine all of these fads into one? A warrior potato leptin iodine up-day/down-day cold-thermogenesis leave-a-bite-on-the-plate vote-for-moderate-candidate non-gmo single-farm-sourced fair-trade-certified locally-grown leangains bulletproof intermittent fast? Let's all try it together and see who gets the hungriest the fastest and who gains how much weight back! Come on everyone, it will be so much fun!
    Those are the ones I've got covered! Anyone up for the others?

Happy Hippo is online now Junior Member
    I would love to have my DD on Mon, Wed, Fri. But this is same days that I have class in gym. For last 2 weeks I just walk 2 -4 miles on my DD and it's was fine. Did anybody tried heavy exercise , weights on DD?

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Lol-lets see, I'd be a JUDDD with with eeevil SAD, random egg and meat fasting just for kicks, 5:2 for maintenance, modifed 5:2 because my body.did'nt get the memo to stop losing weight, potato hacking, primal virgin super girl But no out of control hunger, I've lost over 40 pounds, and I'm now maintaining effortlessly. Actually hit a new low today of 129.5lbs and bought my first ever size 4 jeans yesterday (started at a size 14). So, my body seems to like the wackiness

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I'm ready to try this. I haven't eaten yet. If I go through with it, this will be a down day.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I'm still feeling good....think I'll make it until dinner. For dinner I'm planning chicken liver and mushrooms...haven't plugged that into MFP yet to see about calories, but it sounds good so I may just have to play with the amounts until it fits lol. May also have a green shake or pulverize my greens and make a soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    What if we combine all of these fads into one?
    Ooooh I think I've got most of those...haven't tried the potato diet yet...doubt my three one-bite potatoes a couple of days last week count for that. I'll try harder, promise!

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I feel like I'm ready to try this. I haven't eaten yet. If I go through with it, this will be a down day.
    Yay, glad you've joined us.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hippo View Post
    Did anybody tried heavy exercise , weights on DD?
    Not me, course I'm coming from being almost completely unfit, so I'm just doing mostly body weight.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    I'm still feeling good....think I'll make it until dinner. For dinner I'm planning chicken liver and mushrooms...haven't plugged that into MFP yet to see about calories, but it sounds good so I may just have to play with the amounts until it fits lol. May also have a green shake or pulverize my greens and make a soup.

Ooooh I think I've got most of those...haven't tried the potato diet yet...doubt my three one-bite potatoes a couple of days last week count for that. I'll try harder, promise!

Yay, glad you've joined us.

Not me, course I'm coming from being almost completely unfit, so I'm just doing mostly body weight.
    Just got done doing three potato hack days, go reset my sugar cravings, and I lost 5lbs. I also did it a couple times when I was actively losing weight and had fun with them

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    My dd today -- and the start of my period. So far so good and the bloat is slowly going...

Your story inspires me, mom23kids! I just might be able to get my obese sisters on board with ADF if they don't have to change their diets.

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Do you think fasting might help with feeling fatigue constantly...perhaps just start off with a morning fast and build it up to skipping breakfast/lunch?
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Do you think fasting might help with feeling fatigue constantly...perhaps just start off with a morning fast and build it up to skipping breakfast/lunch?
    No, definitely not a good idea.

I recommend eating a Primal diet for at least 6 months to get your nutrient stores replete before doing any sort of fasting.

Are you eating organ meats & seafood? A lot of fatigue is due to micronutrient deficiency, dehydration, lack of salt or thyroid issues. Your previous diet would set you up for an iron deficiency, for sure. Eat some beef!
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 04-13-2013 at 11:57 AM.