Page 42 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 42

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't even know what to say to that! It is hugely unfair to not see any size differences!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Whoop! Seem to have broken through the up-down 278-200 bounce. Down to 274 this morning. Quite the whoosh. I wrote in my journal that I had more potatoes today with my breakfast. But, I don't really care. I have lost so much weight in the last 2.5 months of primal (officially 41 lbs this morning) I could probably suit to slow down a bit. So, I will enjoy my potatoes a couple times per week, damnit! I fully expect to be a pound heavier in the morning, but, I'm just ok with that. The trend is steadily going downward, which makes me happy enough.

So, I FEEL like I've lost 40lbs... but I don't think I LOOk like I've lost it. I can definitely tell in my face and how my clothing fits, but everything else pretty much looks the same (to me.) Boyfriend says I look like I have, which should be good enough for me, I guess. I have so much to lose though, I think it will take awhile before *I* start to notice major differences in my appearance. Hard to believe just the beginning of February, I weighed a whopping 315 pounds. Oh, boy was I icky. I remember when I started my new job I was SQUEEZING into my uniform shirt, most of the time leaving the bottom button undone. We wear long aprons, so you couldn't tell. Now it fits just perfectly, and I 'spect soon it will be noticeably loose.

Seems like on ADF I really can't do anything wrong. Even if I have an off primal day, within in a few days time I'll be right back on track. Ya know, there are people out there that do this "diet" (It's a lifestyle for us) with the regular SAD. They literally eat ANYTHING on their UD and still lose weight, albeit, probably not as quickly as we are.

I am also in the "struggle to get enough calories in" on UDs camp. I usually wind up eating one meal and a snack or nibbles of food here and there. Just not hungry enough to justify making food. I also like to cut out eating about 4pm since I rise at 2am every morning. Something in my head seems to think that I need 8 hours for my body to release "things" before I can get an accurate reading on the scale. Does anyone else find it amazing that after the day is over, you can weight 5lbs more than you weighed that morning... go to sleep, wake up and weigh 1lb less than the morning before? I do. What happens to it all in our 8ish hours of rest?
    Yep, I ate the typical SAD diet, with JUDDD, and lost almost 40 pounds-started in November, took time off for Christmas and had a week of uds/parties, got back on plan in January and hit goal beginning of March. Switched to Mosley's 5:2 plan for maintenance and kept losing so now I do one 700-900 md on Mondays and a 600ish dd on Thursdays. Lost the weight eating gobs of sugar, bad carbs etc. JUDDD really does only cares about the calories. However, even though recent blood work came back good, I want to switch to a more primal way of eating, in big part because I know too many people my age (30s), who are being diagnosed with cancer. Now IF/JUDDD is supposed to reduce your risk of cancer, but I want to stack the odds as much in my favor as possible, by cutting out sugar, processed carbs etc
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-12-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome mom23kids. Thanks for sharing that info. I would love to keep losing weight this fast, but I am beginning to wonder if I should slow it down a little. I guess I'll see how it continues.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Gladmorning~I think your fine losing weight fast if 1. You've got a lot to lose and 2. You are going about it in a healthy way. I wouldn't worry about purposely slowing anything down, just let it happen and jump up and down for joy that it hasn't stalled!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Veronica.

It's kinda hard beating those old ways of thinking. I REALLY need to get a skin brush so I can test my research on dry skin brushing.

Well, praises be made. Potatoes didn't have a massive effect on my weight. Only up .2 of a pound. I can live with that after any UD. Yesterday I have a handful of pecans, several ounces of cheese (from work, and my goat cheese I finished. Yum) 2 eggs, hashbrowns, 2 bacons and 2 sausage patties at work. The kitchen is right across from the bakery and I decided to eat there today. Not quality food, but basically primal. When I got home I just had a cold hamburger patty I made two days before. I enjoy eating them cold, I think they taste better Today will be milk and coffee as normal.

Hope everyone that has DD today will have a good day!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Oh, I have pictures too. I see tiny changes in my lower body. Big changes in my face and some more noticeable changes in my upper body. You know what though? I still havent lost an effing pants size! Still stuck in. 24. Baggy. 22s? Painted on and uncomfortable. Why???????? 40 freakings pounds, ya'll and not one pants size. Stupid. Impossible. Well, obviously not, I am proof. *grumble*
    This happens to me, while for most people 15-20 lbs makes them drop a pant size it can take me 40 to 45 lbs to drop to the next size. Very frustrating , it's because I'm a pear shape and carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs. I weighed 255 in September and wore a tight size 20, now I weigh 217 and I'm still wearing 20's albeit baggy. I've lost almost 38 lbs so im guessing in another 5 ill be able to fit a size 18.
    Veronica

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's going to happen all of a sudden. Plan a celebration.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    This happens to me, while for most people 15-20 lbs makes them drop a pant size it can take me 40 to 45 lbs to drop to the next size. Very frustrating , it's because I'm a pear shape and carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs. I weighed 255 in September and wore a tight size 20, now I weigh 217 and I'm still wearing 20's albeit baggy. I've lost almost 38 lbs so im guessing in another 5 ill be able to fit a size 18.
    I have the same situation for the same reason. The pants I am wearing are the same size 20's from when I got down into the 240's and I wore them up to the 280's. Of course on the high end I wore skirts more, and on the low end I have to work less to "cover-up".

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Down day for me! I'm trying to save most of my calories for later and have one nice meal at the end of the day.

My goal weight is 137ish. That's where I feel really good. I was down another .2 pounds this morning so I'm at 173.2. Still a long way to go, but 9 pounds in two months is okay by me. I'm still in my current size as well, but things are fitting slightly looser.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ok I pulled an 18 out of my closet and tried it on, got it zipped up and on, surprisingly my legs and butt fit perfect, it's my belly where it's snug. But it fits, so yea about 40 lbs. then again I have these same pants in a size 20 and they have some stretch to them so they are forgiving.

I'm only .2 down from my dd so looks like things might be slowing down. Ud for me today and I just had a bacon, egg, cheese sandwich on a oopsie bun. If you guys haven't made oopsie bread I urge you to, it's awesome for when you just need a burger on a bun or sandwich!
    Veronica