Page 41 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 41

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Glad to read more posts this morning. It feels really supportive to do this alongside y'all!

Finished my dd (w tea/cream and water) yesterday, no prob, but noticed that I have a bit of difficulty sleeping on my dd's, so I may shift to one small meal in the late afternoon.

I'm going to eat to hunger today, but in my usual eating window, so I will have my last meal at 4pm or before. Eating after that really disturbs my sleep.

Measurements are the same as last week, but considering I now have my usual premenstrual bloat, I am very pleased!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    At first I was finding myself hungrier on my Up Days, as if the act of eating set off my hunger mechanism. But now (a month in) I am finding I have normal hunger on Up Days.

Indeed, one of my problems is that I am not hungry enough to eat all I would like to TASTE. Let's face it, three meals of food every two days, does not allow for much scope. I am finding it is making me fussier about what I am eating. I only want to eat stuff I REALLY want. Why waste an experience on something I'm not enthusiastic about? This is making getting rid of leftovers more difficult. I need to change my cooking habits if I am going to be eating this way.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I totally agree. I am only 2 weeks in and I am finding the same exact thing.

Saving my calories on my down days for the time of day that I really tend to look for calories (my witching hour-coming in the door from work) has really helped. As has making my dd's M-W-F and allowing the weekend for the ud's. Having an up day on a day I have to work all day is a waste, I am unlikely to cook something really good after work. Plus at work I tend to eat at my desk, what a waste of a good lunch!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Whoop! Seem to have broken through the up-down 278-200 bounce. Down to 274 this morning. Quite the whoosh. I wrote in my journal that I had more potatoes today with my breakfast. But, I don't really care. I have lost so much weight in the last 2.5 months of primal (officially 41 lbs this morning) I could probably suit to slow down a bit. So, I will enjoy my potatoes a couple times per week, damnit! I fully expect to be a pound heavier in the morning, but, I'm just ok with that. The trend is steadily going downward, which makes me happy enough.

So, I FEEL like I've lost 40lbs... but I don't think I LOOk like I've lost it. I can definitely tell in my face and how my clothing fits, but everything else pretty much looks the same (to me.) Boyfriend says I look like I have, which should be good enough for me, I guess. I have so much to lose though, I think it will take awhile before *I* start to notice major differences in my appearance. Hard to believe just the beginning of February, I weighed a whopping 315 pounds. Oh, boy was I icky. I remember when I started my new job I was SQUEEZING into my uniform shirt, most of the time leaving the bottom button undone. We wear long aprons, so you couldn't tell. Now it fits just perfectly, and I 'spect soon it will be noticeably loose.

Seems like on ADF I really can't do anything wrong. Even if I have an off primal day, within in a few days time I'll be right back on track. Ya know, there are people out there that do this "diet" (It's a lifestyle for us) with the regular SAD. They literally eat ANYTHING on their UD and still lose weight, albeit, probably not as quickly as we are.

I am also in the "struggle to get enough calories in" on UDs camp. I usually wind up eating one meal and a snack or nibbles of food here and there. Just not hungry enough to justify making food. I also like to cut out eating about 4pm since I rise at 2am every morning. Something in my head seems to think that I need 8 hours for my body to release "things" before I can get an accurate reading on the scale. Does anyone else find it amazing that after the day is over, you can weight 5lbs more than you weighed that morning... go to sleep, wake up and weigh 1lb less than the morning before? I do. What happens to it all in our 8ish hours of rest?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I apologize if this has already been linked...but I don't check in here very often. Interesting if you haven't checked it out.

Video: Eat, Fast and Live Longer with Michael Mosley | Watch Michael Mosley Online | PBS Video

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Whoop! Seem to have broken through the up-down 278-200 bounce. Down to 274 this morning. Quite the whoosh
    So, I FEEL like I've lost 40lbs... but I don't think I LOOk like I've lost it.
    Yay, congratulations!! That's amazing! And, I think you could do a lot worse than potatoes a couple of times a week!

So, re the "looking" like you've lost weight. I went through the same things several years ago when I decided to lose weight after having gained 50 pounds after a particularly tramatic event. I decided that I would take photos of myself every couple of weeks. When I looked in the mirror, I didn't notice any huge changes in two weeks, but I could definitely see changes in the photos. The tummy protruded just a hair less, the bottom wasn't as saggy, etc. I bet you've changed more than you think you have!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

oo, the mirror is an evil accessory to my self delusion, photos don't lie.

Thanks Ruth!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, they can be evil as well, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I know, it sort of makes me want to slap anyone who suggests that all you have to do to decide if you have reached your goal is to look in the mirror. Honestly? Get off the scale and check out the mirror, naked. The mirror lies.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I have pictures too. I see tiny changes in my lower body. Big changes in my face and some more noticeable changes in my upper body. You know what though? I still havent lost an effing pants size! Still stuck in. 24. Baggy. 22s? Painted on and uncomfortable. Why???????? 40 freakings pounds, ya'll and not one pants size. Stupid. Impossible. Well, obviously not, I am proof. *grumble*
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.