Page 40 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 40

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I wish I could send you a chunk. All I can think about right now is polishing it off. I AM going to wait until tomorrow.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

elkay7 is offline Member
    I just started intermittent fasting last Saturday with my fiance for our health, given our family histories of heart disease, cancer, etc. I am on day 6 and am blogging the experience here: Lauren Tries Out Alternate Day Fasting

So far I have found headaches on my feast days to be the biggest problem. I have done research on it and have been comparing notes with others, and it sounds like hopefully something that will go away. Ugh. Other than that, I seem to be doing a good job of getting all the nutrients I need on fast days.

Happy Hippo is online now Junior Member
    Hi girls. I'm new here. I was very impressed with results that Sabine ( i think you are my web twin - almost same age , hight,weight ) had last month so jumped right in. I was between 198 and 205 for last 6 months. Today is my 6 DD and it's really easy. My menu is simple 5 hard boiled eggs for day and salad ( tomato, cucumber, radish, or cabbage and carrots) without dressing.* Plus cup of coffee and 2 tbsp coconut milk.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Elkay7 and Happy Hippo!

Happy, I've been trying to bring hard boiled eggs for my down work days. I brought three today...had one early, then two for lunch. For some reason they are filling...more so than scrambled, or fried. I'm still waiting for the "easy" part of down days, lol. They aren't bad, but not necessarily easy either. I've been going over my 550 JUDDD estimate, but I think I'm trying to spread things out too thin.

Saturday is my next down day and I think I'll have coffee with cream in the morning, then wait until dinner to eat all the remaining calories. We'll see.

Thanks for the link Elkay, I took a quick look, but will read more tomorrow.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Happy Hippo is online now Junior Member
    If I wait to long then I cant stop eating at all. And on DD 4 and 5 I was really bitchy, can't control my temper. Maybe because it's was Friday, Sunday and whole family was eatin all day long.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I'm comforted to see so many of you on the same UDDD schedule as myself.
    I am really enjoying doing this with my Honey. I had a couples' lunch with him on Wednesday, and then yesterday we drank our lemon water together, then settled in for a lazy evening on the sofa, side by side. Not that we don't do stuff together, but wanting to avoid the fridge at the same time, or both be in the mood for a splendid meal on the same day--it makes it easy. He likes to go to bed early on the Down Days, so that he gets to food-time quicker, and I am always up for an early evening, so it has really worked out well. And there's someone to talk to about the details of food habits, right there, that is very enjoyable.

Hi Elkay7 and HappyHippo. It is nice to see some more people trying this out. I'm excited that someone is trying this because of what I posted, too! I'll check out your blog, Elkay. I love reading about other people's experiences with whatever I am trying.

I need to keep hard-boiled eggs in mind for when I want to eat on my Down Days. i love them with a smear of anchovy paste.

My last two Down Days have been fasting days. Well, I did have some homemade chicken broth yesterday afternoon. I guess that is SOME calories. But I do enjoy the fasting days more than the ~400K days. It is just easier for me mentally. The hunger level seems about the same, as a mini-meal of 140K just doesn't do it for me.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well I'm shocked that I'm another .8 lb down after my ud yesterday! 217.6 ....I'm not looking forward to when this slows down! Today is my 5th dd,plan to have my coffee and cream and then not eat till dinner. For dinner I'm keeping it simple with sautéed sausage and cabbage.

Anyone find that they a constantly hungry on an UD? Like I'm super ravenous on UD's and i could easily go over my calories if I let myself( another reason counting is so important for me).
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Veronica, for me it's the opposite...I'm NOT hungry on my up days, lol. I'm finding it hard to get in all the recommended up day calories. Congratulations on your steady loss!

I'm down also this morning. I woke up yesterday and even this morning feeling kind of bloated (especially yesterday), so I was very surprised that I was down this morning. So my new low weight is 173.4, so that's 4.2 pounds in the two weeks that I've been doing ADF. Tomorrow begins my third week with ADF. I am so very happy with the results so far...as I said upthread somewhere, this is the biggest chuck of weight lost in such a short period of time for a very long time. I'm with you Veronica...not looking forward to when it slows down, lol.

Tomorrow is a down day and I'm going to try an IF. So, I'll have my usual Saturday morning coffee out with my mom, then try to have nothing until dinner. I think one reason why I'm going over my down day calories is that I'm eating too many meals. If I consolidate that down to 1 main meal and maybe ONE small snack, I should get closer to the goal. I like trying this tomorrow since my usual Saturday is kind of busy until around noon.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post

Tomorrow is a down day and I'm going to try an IF. So, I'll have my usual Saturday morning coffee out with my mom, then try to have nothing until dinner. I think one reason why I'm going over my down day calories is that I'm eating too many meals. If I consolidate that down to 1 main meal and maybe ONE small snack, I should get closer to the goal. I like trying this tomorrow since my usual Saturday is kind of busy until around noon.
    Thanks!

I've only been at this a week but I find saving all my cals till dinner to be best, it's easier to deal with the hunger all day when I know I have a nice sized dinner to look forward to!

Side note I made thisCold Sesame (Cucumber) Noodles | theclothesmakethegirl yesterday( I used almond butter instead of sun butter) and damn was it good, also half the recipe is only 160 cals so another good one for a dd along side some protein!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Okay, one julienne peeler on the list, lol. That looks REALLY good!