Page 38 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 38

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    HEY! I've noticed the same thing. I started drinking water like crazy a month ago. Even more so when I started IF/ADF. Then I read an article which caused me to do more research on how folks over drink water and (possibly) "8 glasses of water per day" is unnecessary- Mark even mentioned something about this.... Won't go a lot into it, but I stopped drinking so much water and I have found the last two dds to be easy peasy. Plus, I am no longer cold all the time OR constantly thirsty. I was over hydrated, me thinks.
    I think we're on to something with not over hydrating, I was able to fast till 7 pm today no problem with only one glass of water. I also just had a glass with my dinner , and will have another before bed. I just think chugging it all day causes my stomach to react like food is on the way and when it doesn't get it, it growls angrily at me! Lol!

Sirloin Roast with Gravy Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes had this with cauliflower mashed with kerrygold and cream cheese. Delish! Tomorrow is my official one week weigh in from staring ADF, hope I can report a loss!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    what is RS? I don't care for potatoes.
    Neither do I.
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Resistant starch?
    Very informative post o the topic by PKlopp.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76153.html

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    A couple weeks ago, i posted a link to an MDA article, got a nasty email saying not to do it again, and now, every time I post something, I get a message that says: "Your post will not appear immediately, it must be approved by moderators" The posts take 4-8 hours to get uploaded and if there's any link at all, it's deleted, making me look like an idiot.
    Something like this happened to me on a forum once, and it wasn't even because of a post I made, but because I was friends with a group who was making posts they didn't like. The whole group (including some other who never engaged in the arguments) were put on moderation. I don't mind taking responsibility if I post something, but it's pretty bad when you get put on moderation for just being part of a group. I haven't been back since even though a couple of the moderators asked me to come back. I get enough frustration in life, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to be doing another Fasting Down Day today. Tuesday felt very good, AND my pains were radically down and milder yesterday. I know I am always saying 'don't assume your results are from what happened the day before, sometimes it takes time to build,' but when it is something good like that, the temptation is pretty high. Maybe I'll edit my saying to add 'only for bad things, though, if it is good, you were a genius, keep doing it!'

I am very careful with what I post on Lowcarbfriends. When I read their Terms of Service(yes, some people actually read those puppies) I was surprised at how strict they were. But they do have a flourishing JUDDD thread, so it is worth it to me. I think of it as visiting as very strict and narrow-minded Great-Grandmother, who has cool stuff in her curio cabinet, that she will take out if I am well-behaved. And as I support Mark having this site, by buying some of his products, if I hang out there for any length of time, I will probably buy something from their website. Forums like these are such a great resource for people who like to connect. I think they cut themselves off from some opportunities by being so strict, but that's their choice. I'm not going to show my knees in their parlour if they would get upset.

PrimalFocus is offline Member
    Hi,

11 days in with 4 successful down days for a total of 6 lbs lost, water weight of course but interesting.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone, I'm from LCF and occasionally come over here to read Mark's articles-just realized that there's some of you doing JUDDD

I've been doing alternate day fasting since last November and have lost around 33 pounds with it (on top of the 7 pounds I lost doing low carb, before finding JUDDD). Hit my goal weight last month and now do a modified version of Dr. Mosley's 5:2 plan for maintenance-one 700-900 calories mid day on Mondays and a 600 calorie dd on Thursdays. The other 5 days I don't count calories at all.

Right now I'm eating a typical SAD diet, but I am slowly changing that to a healthier way of eating. Working on cutting back on sugar right now, we'll see what happens after that.

I need to read through this thread and get caught up, as well as read tbe other adf thread.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome mom23kids! Glad to have you with us. You have had excellent results!!! That's encouraging to all of us!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    I loved JUDDD for weight loss, and am excited about the possible health benefits of doing intermittent fasting. Ok, need fo get the kids off to school!

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primalfocus~ congrats on the 6lbs!

Mom23kids~ welcome and congrats on your amazing weightloss!

As for me today's is my one week weigh in since starting juuddd/ ADF and I am thrilled to report I lost another 1.2 lbs making my total loss for the week 8 lbs!!! Thank The Lord I found this thread and that it helped me karate chop through my crappy plateau! Can't wait to see what next week brings! I'm 218 and 4 lbs away from my goal of 215 before trying to concieve! Yay!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay, Primalfocus!

Yay, Vlo!

Hi, Mom23kids. I recognize you from lowcarbfriends. You are an inspiration. Did it and are maintaining! That's where we all want to be.