Page 36 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 36

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    sorry double post...weird stuff going on

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could find more personal accounts of people who have followed ADF or 5:2 for an extended period of time. I found one youtube video of a lady who had been doing ADF for 4 years, but she didn't give many details. Just said she was doing great. And a guy's blog who has been doing it since September 2021, but he was fairly fit to begin with, and - typical guy- tells a lot about what he is eating, and how he trains, but not how it FEELS! heehee.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    so, ok, I never thought I would ever say this....I actually have not been eating up to my ud calories. I am supposed to hit 2200, the closest I have come is 2100, but mostly just hover around 1800.

Now this morning after an ud while on TTOM I managed to stay the same weight. Today, so far, no hunger issues. Just a couple of twinges that went away. If I manage to actually maintain on my ud's and lose on my dd's even if only a fraction of a pound, I would be one very happy camper!!!

I am not trying to limit the ud's by the by. I am just eating lowish carb and to satisfaction. I say lowish because it is higher than when I do low carb, but still with in the range that Mark and others consider low carb/weight loss/ketosis numbers-even if they don't show ketones in my blood.

My typical pattern seems to be going up a pound or so after Up Days, and going down ~ a pound and a half or staying the same after Down Days. I am looking more at my two charts that show all my Up Days connected and all my Down Days connected. Both lines are heading steadily if slowly downward.

I think our Up Days will keep us from not feeling hunger on Down Days. Once you eat, your body just seems to turn that switch to 'ON'.

These double posts are driving me mad!

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Dd# 4 going well, just had coffee and HWC this morning and I didn't feel hungry at all till 2 pm. So that's good! Though I've only had 1 glass of water today too, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Maybe not chugging water all day is keeping my hunger at bay? Whatever it is I'm glad for it this is a first down day where I feel like I'm not counting the minutes till dinner. Weigh in this morning was 219.6 so up .4 from Yesterday. I'll be okay if every up day is only a few ounces more than what I weigh in on a down day.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Yes, that's all I hope for...to lose after a down day and at least maintain on an up day.

I DO think my body will adapt eventually to less food. I would have never thought that possible 3 months ago. I'm already eating WAY less than I was before finding primal blueprint. I also do think my appetite/hunger signals will even themselves out to an adequate degree the longer I do this. As it is, my down days are slightly over the 500, but have been as high as 650. I think I could very easily do 800 calories on a down day or the rest of my life.

A REALLY nice side benefit of this is that I AM truly going through less food, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I think on the JUDDD forum on LCF there are a few who have been doing it for the long term, and a couple who fell off only to come back to it.

To me, for maintenance, it would be easier to add a fast day to a 5:2 week to keep in range than to jump back on a diet.

yep, double posts are infuriating!

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    To avoid double posts, if you get the message asking you if you want to leave the page after you click to submit your post, click yes. Then back up to the previous page and reload. Your post will be there. Once.