Page 35 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 35

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OMG! Eggs cooked in lard never tasted so good!

I broke my fast this morning and was delighted to see that I can go 40 hours without solid food. I estimate that I imbibed about 400-600 calories via the heavy cream in my tea yesterday.

Also watched the Dr. Moseley documentary about ADF & was really inspired.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, might have to get me some lard.

So, as I mentioned earlier, I like to track stuff. All kinds of stuff, lol. Here is what my last week and a half (since starting JUDDD) looks like:
    Capture.jpg

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I get un messed around with lard at my local meat proccessor for $5 for $5 lb tub. The only lard in the stores around here has partially hydrogenated soybean oil added.... WHY? So pointless. I need to start cooking with it more. Adds great flavor. I just dont think about it. I always go for the butter first. Up day is going well.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Grrr. Still pending approval! I want to see!

I like tracking, too. One of my flaws, though, is that I stop tracking when I am 'being bad'. Not useful.

So...I was talking with my Honey today (took him out for lunch). He started doing ADF about a week behind me. It is really nice having someone to do it with, not least because it cuts down on the cooking! He started at around 192. He was at 182.5 this morning, after four weeks. He said his first goal will be 170. When he gets there, he wants to look around and see if he wants to take off more. (He is 5'7" and has a LOT of muscle.) He says he thinks 155 might be his final goal. I don't see where he would have an ounce of fat left on himself at that weight, but then, fat is sneaky. He may have more than I realize. Right now, really all I can tell is his stomach. It would be nice for that to go. Everywhere else, you can poke him and feel rock-hard muscle underneath.

As my goal is 154, I love the idea that I could be lighter than him at goal .

Anyhow, he was wondering if the fast days would get more difficult the closer one gets to goal. He can be my tester, since I am sure he will be getting close to his goal much sooner than I will.

Yeah, we get pastured bacon & pork belly from a local farm, so we always have a bowl of lard (or 2!) in the fridge. DH just made some bone broth & skimmed a heck of a lot of grassfed tallow from the stock. We like having LOTS of fat in the house

Double post--- there's been a rash of those, lately.
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-10-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I will be interested to see if there is a bigger than usual drop tomorrow after no food, versus ~400 calories.
    The arrival of my period has made any day-to-day number observation moot. I'll have to look at the graph after a week to see if I notice any change with no-food Down Days. Best laid plans...

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Gah. Mine will be next week. Last time I actually lost 4 lbs on mine, but I had just started IFing. Whenever I try something new I always lose weight quickly, then it slows wayyyy down. I wish I could find new things (within primal) to do to keep it guess. But, I'll stick with ADF for now. I'll tell ya what... EMF helped me control my appetite, but ADF has really TRAINED me appetite and hunger control, just from two weeks of doing it. I'm in such a routine now, I don't know if I want to change it, except eating both sunday/monday. I wonder if I'll or we'll ever get to the point of just not getting hungry every other day. Anyone thought about that?

I mean, there are many folks out there that only eat once per day, usually around the same time. After so long of doing that, their bodies get used to it, and they don't get hungry but once per day. So, is it so crazy to wonder if our bodies will do the same after awhile on ADF? If that point ever occurs, what would you do?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

I wonder if I'll or we'll ever get to the point of just not getting hungry every other day. Anyone thought about that?

I mean, there are many folks out there that only eat once per day, usually around the same time. After so long of doing that, their bodies get used to it, and they don't get hungry but once per day. So, is it so crazy to wonder if our bodies will do the same after awhile on ADF? If that point ever occurs, what would you do?
    I will dance for joy!

Seriously, I get that it is possible for someone to experience this, but given our human propensity to sleep every 24 hours, I doubt that most of us will have absolutely no hunger at all. More likely that we will just get used to it.

After my dd yesterday, I am not worried about dealing with hunger anymore.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    so, ok, I never thought I would ever say this....I actually have not been eating up to my ud calories. I am supposed to hit 2200, the closest I have come is 2100, but mostly just hover around 1800.

Now this morning after an ud while on TTOM I managed to stay the same weight. Today, so far, no hunger issues. Just a couple of twinges that went away. If I manage to actually maintain on my ud's and lose on my dd's even if only a fraction of a pound, I would be one very happy camper!!!

I am not trying to limit the ud's by the by. I am just eating lowish carb and to satisfaction. I say lowish because it is higher than when I do low carb, but still with in the range that Mark and others consider low carb/weight loss/ketosis numbers-even if they don't show ketones in my blood.