Page 34 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 34

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    6:08 pm

Today, I decided to just drink tea with a small amount of heavy cream for my dd. Success!!!

I feel fine, no dizzyness and no headache. I walked almost 2 hours as well. Took it easy, otherwise.

Earlier in the week, I had noticed that the salt in the bouillon or bone broth was triggering my appetite and making me waaaay too hungry on my dd. So I had a cup of bouillon at the end of my ud, in the hopes that it would help me balance my electrolytes the next day. Seems to have worked.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I get a little tired of the "forum wisdom" trying to make someone feel that that they are somehow a lesser Primal if they count or weigh anything including themselves. For some people who have obsessive tendencies, yes, they are better off without it but that is not the case for everyone.
    I think the issue isn't obsessive tendencies. It is the fact that while most people can start eating Paleo and find their hunger satisfied, others are not able to sense that. For whatever reason their hunger sensors do not kick in and tell them when to eat and when to stop. So if they want to lose weight, they have to consciously monitor and control their intake.

For people who don't have this issue to tell those who do that what they need to do is "try harder", or to call them "obsessive" is not productive.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think PB is referring to people with serious obsessive tendencies. As in eating disorder type of obsessive tendencies. I believe you are essentially arguing her point.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think PB is referring to people with serious obsessive tendencies. As in eating disorder type of obsessive tendencies. I believe you are essentially arguing her point.
    The argument I'm seeing is that anyone who doesn't lose all the weight they need to spontaneously by eating primal and then keep it off indefinitely is obsessive and disordered. That no one should be using counting calories as a tool, they should "be more like me".

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The argument I'm seeing is that anyone who doesn't lose all the weight they need to spontaneously by eating primal and then keep it off indefinitely is obsessive and disordered. That no one should be using counting calories as a tool, they should "be more like me".
    Nope not the way I read it. She was agreeing with me in the info is power. That info comes from counting or weighing your food or yourself as you need to to lose your weight and that she is tired of people insinuating you are a lesser primal if you do that.

I'm not only responding to what Paleobird wrote, but also to what I am seeing right now in other threads.

Ah I dont read random threads on here too irritating

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    No. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Nope not the way I read it. She was agreeing with me in the info is power. That info comes from counting or weighing your food or yourself as you need to to lose your weight and that she is tired of people insinuating you are a lesser primal if you do that.
    This is what I meant. I have been accused of "disordered eating" because I did count calories for a long time.

And yes, I know Gorbag and the dude bros can be jerks, but they are not important. Your success is.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Well my ud just hit a hiccup, it's gonna go slightly over because I forgot to enter an ingridients cals into my fitness pal for dinner.Going over by 290 calories, yikes! Lets see how that effects the scale tomorrow :/
    Don't worry about tomorrow's weight, or one day's high point, Vlo. Just keep it up over the long haul!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Yes, definitely, it's the long haul that counts! And, as far as tracking and counting...I actually enjoy it and have done it for years as well as weighing myself daily. It's helpful to have data to look back at if things suddenly change...there's something to reference back to. But today I was thinking about how hard it's been for me to reach my up day calorie "goal" because it seems like I'm eating a lot of food and like I'm getting a good balance of nutrients (though I have always tended to favor protein, fat and fruit over veggies)...and, the thought occurred to me that if I wasn't tracking my calories, I wouldn't "know" that I'm under, lol. I'm eating when I'm hungry, and stopping when I'm satisfied...my appetite and cravings have been supressed enough so I'm eating reasonable portions of foods and not overeating sweets. So, I think for now (at least for this month), I'll just go with that. At the end of the month I may try to increase calories a bit more, but I really just want to see if it all normalizes by itself.

Having said all that, my down day yesterday was a bit higher in calories, lol. Work was really rough yesterday and I actually ended up working late so by the time I got home I was very empty and wolfed down my yogurt then added a few green bean chips (totally not primal). I haven't added the green bean chips I ate because I can't find them in the MFP database, so I'll need to add them myself. I figure my calories were between 600 and 700 for the day with that little green bean chip fest.

And, good news, I lost that pound of water weight already so am back down to 174 this morning. The scale even flashed into the 173s before it settled on 174. That was kind of exciting, lol.
    Last edited by 252dlp; 04-10-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: typo

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter