Page 33 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 33

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Im not using any numbers. I eat until satisfied on up days and only milk in coffee on down days. I have a basic idea of the calories im consuming on up days. Im just struggling because I decided to go on a potato binge.
    I have heard that milk should be avoided if you're trying to lose. Unless its whole cream. Did you know they add SUGAR to 1% milk? UGH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, I am in the "no eating" camp on down days. The only calories I consume are from my (own) goat milk in coffee.

Recovering from my carb fest. DD has been easy today. Just now starting to get hungry.

Yesterday, I made the Brazilian cheese bread made with tapioca that JoanieL mentioned in another thread. Pretty tasty. I'm going to keep it in mind for grilling season. I will really miss grilled burgers, but I think this will give me the option to have a "bun."

I just can't help but to weigh every day. I cannot keep myself off of it! It's bad, but whatever.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    weighing daily is only bad if it has control over your emotions. Otherwise it is just another data point.

I can go along with that, Chris. It obviously makes me happy if I see a loss, but I don't totally freak out if I see a gain. I get annoyed, but it just makes me more determined to continue on.

Currently I am in the daily weighing camp, it is a piece of information. I went a long time without weighing and now don't know if what I was doing worked along the way and i just gained at the end when I started to get lazy about tracking or if the plan didn't work. It is data you cannot get back once you don't weigh. So far, this time around it is not effecting my mood so much as I am really determined to gather the information necessary to lose this weight and keep it off for good. Information is power!

Information *IS* power.

Tomorrow I going to empower myself with the information to make fresh goat cheese. I'm getting enough milk in the house to have excess. Quite excited! I wish I had the energy to do it tonight, but I gotta go to bed soon.

I will have my left over stir fry for lunch tomorrow, oh yum yum. This time sans rice. That put me up two MORE lbs on the scale this morning. Back up to 280. I know it's water. I will recover in a week or so.

I made a goat milk cheese not too long ago, it was yummy.

enough rice could back up the system, especially if you are not used to it, could be solid waste that showed up on the scale

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have been a little hungry today, but it has been well-behaved TrueHunger: I ignore it, and it goes away and tries again after a few hours. It doesn't constantly nag at me like MindHunger or SugarCravings.

I will be interested to see if there is a bigger than usual drop tomorrow after no food, versus ~400 calories.

Milk from your own goats is so cool!

I will be having a LITTLE rice tomorrow, to go along with my sashimi. It doesn't seem to have any negative impact on me, so I am glad to indulge once a week.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well my ud just hit a hiccup, it's gonna go slightly over because I forgot to enter an ingridients cals into my fitness pal for dinner.Going over by 290 calories, yikes! Lets see how that effects the scale tomorrow :/
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Currently I am in the daily weighing camp, it is a piece of information. I went a long time without weighing and now don't know if what I was doing worked along the way and i just gained at the end when I started to get lazy about tracking or if the plan didn't work. It is data you cannot get back once you don't weigh. So far, this time around it is not effecting my mood so much as I am really determined to gather the information necessary to lose this weight and keep it off for good. Information is power!
    I couldn't agree more. I get a little tired of the "forum wisdom" trying to make someone feel that that they are somehow a lesser Primal if they count or weigh anything including themselves. For some people who have obsessive tendencies, yes, they are better off without it but that is not the case for everyone.