Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 3

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I wonder if I could construct the carnivorous version of this plan.
    This is basically what I'm doing. Not per se because I wanted to, but because it seems that animal products are about all my body can tolerate well. It's a work in progress (and your sharing of details has really helped the journey - thanks).

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Just started 2 weeks ago and the initial results are promising (though whether the trend continues or not, that is the key). While I don't love the structure of this, I'm already noticing many non-scale benefits -- including remembering what true hunger feels like. Having been overweight for over 30 years, I don't recognize or react to body signals (though it is certainly getting better after a few years of Paleo/Primal).

I'm doing JUDDD in combo with Primal (primal only because I eat butter), VLC, moderate protein, and fat as my lever (high on my up days, more moderate on my down days), and predominantly animal foods.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link, Sjmc. I read that story when it came out, but had completely forgotten that he did ADF.

Today I am hoping for another energy-filled Down Day. I was really feeling the energy surge last time.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Thanks for the link, Sjmc. I read that story when it came out, but had completely forgotten that he did ADF.
    I read it too, but I read things like that and it doesn't register, or I don't think it applies so it just doesnt really sink in. Therefore I am just amazed when ppl can remember and post things like that So I enjoyed re-reading, picking up some new things.

Enjoyed that other forum also, though I only read through the tator part so far.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am getting some good stuff out of the lowcarbfriends forum, but I found the calorie counting and junk food eating a little off-putting, so I thought a JUDDD thread here amongst the primal folk might help to balance that.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    there are several low-carb boards i visit, since that 's what brought me to primal, and YES! the crystal light and daily pepperoni is gross.

today will be a dd for me and although i am feeling kinda hungry, (dinner was 16 hours ago), i think i'll run errands before coming home to broth and some eggs. feel fine.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    today is a dd for me as well. I think so far that my hunger is more mental than physical. It doesn't help that I got a lousy sleep last night.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Jumping in. Yesterday was my first DD and today is my first official UP. Tracking in MFP because I CAN NOT just estimate and wing it. If I could I would not need to lose weight. You can friend me to see my food journal.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    I've been interested in this way of eating but I've never tried it. I think I'm going to jump on board and give it a shot. I have a ton of food to eat up in the fridge from a cooking binge this weekend so it'll be a few days before starting though.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    lol, don't know what i was thinking!!! am braising some meat right now, and the goodness of its beefy aroma is making me salivate like crazy!!!

i guess i'll just not eat at all til the 24-hour mark, having skipped out on the eggs and broth already.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast