Page 29 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 29

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    congrats on the success of the n=1 then!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    congrats on the success of the n=1 then!
    Thanks, demuralist!

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    So good to hear everyone is doing well!

252dip~ congrats on the 4 lbs!

Demuralist~ I agree with eating all the up day calories, I think it helps me have better control on my dd. also if you combine the total calories for an ud and dd im only getting 1285 cals per day. i really dont want to go lower than that till i have to. yesterday was just shy by 100 only because I really couldn't think of anything else to eat. It will be a rare occurrence for me not to eat all 2100 cals. As for the sodium maybe I did need it, I'm on my cycle now too so that could be bloating me too.

Dragonfly~ only 8lbs more to lose, I bet that feels amazing to be so close to goal!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I think I may have to try more fatty foods then, lol. I'm not skimping on fat by any means, but I'm not feeling hungry most of the time, so I think when I am, I may have to try fatty stuff to get the calories up. If I try hard, I make it to 1500 calories on my up days, but that's way shy of my JUDDD up day goal of 1981. I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry as that's what got me into this mess in the first place, lol, so since I'm falling way short of my fat "goal" for the day, I just have to get more in.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

252, myabe if you just switched to slightly less protein you could get in more fat and thus more calories. I find that fat is less filling, because of the volume, but stays with me longer. I just looked at your diary for today, maybe if instead of the cheese at the end of the day you made yourself a sort of milkshake, with cream and cocoa powder and sweetener of choice and maybe a dollop of a nut butter maybe an egg. I also add MCT oil to my smoothies if I need the fat, as it is tasteless and mixes much easier than coconut oil.

Hum, the shake sounds good. I have some raw almond butter that I'd like to try, and I just got that really nice sized container of raw cream from the Farmer's market yesterday as well. And, I also have 2 dozen eggs to eat up, lol. I think I'll try that! Thanks!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    So good to hear everyone is doing well!

Dragonfly~ only 8lbs more to lose, I bet that feels amazing to be so close to goal!
    Thank you!

I never was more than 20 lbs over (maybe 140?), even before going Primal, and I lost 15 in the first year, but I gained back about 5 lbs of what I had lost due to lack of activity/overeating this past winter.

I do approx 16/8 IFs anyway, but ADF is a kinder, gentler way for me than 20-24 hour fasts and is really helping me to reduce my hunger. And I had already ramped up the slow moving, so I am doing about 2 hours (or more) of gentle walking/hiking daily, plus lifting heavy every 4 days.

It's great to have support, though! I usually do this on my own.

Change of plans! The shake is out because I think I'll have plenty of calories for the day, lol. I work with two other Celiacs, one of which is an avid baker. She is very respectful of whatever diet I'm on at the time (LOL) and since Feb 1 when I started PB, she has not been tempting me, though she does ask to be polite. I'll usually say no thanks, or if it's something I want to try, I'll either tell her I just want a bite, or I'll take it and throw it away after my bite. Today however, she tried a new chocolate cake recipe, and I was all over that thing. Fortunately for me, her idea of a serving size is NOT like most of America's idea of a serving size and the piece was very small! Still, I'm figuring that took care of my calorie deficit for today.

chocolate is always a nice surprise

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm a whole week into this now - I've settled into MWF being down days - weekends I eat what I want while staying primal. Tracking daily, weighing daily. I'm down 3 pounds! My down days average 700 - up days average 1500. I will be working on getting the numbers a bit closer to what protocol directs. I didn't follow the induction phase - so I'm going to do that now that I'm comfortable with the while UDDD thing.

Today being a down day I will REALLY try to keep it close to 500. Tomorrow I will try to keep it close to 1800.

Does anyone know if Mark has addressed this topic - I know he has talked a LOT about IFing, and eating within a "window" of time - and this is pretty much the same. I guess I can assume he would approve of this.

Its SOOO great to read of others success!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.