Page 28 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 28

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I will let ya'll know how the weekend off ADF goes. This weekend is normal, and I'll try it this weekend. Mind you, my weekend is sunday/monday. That's the only time I get to see the boyfriend. We love to cook and eat.

Today is down day and it's going great. My last down day sucked. I will say my little potato frenzy last night left me two lbs heavier this morning. I don't care much. Two pounds heavier on the scale, but my pants fit way loose today. In fact... I was having a horrible problem. I went to a sale/swap meet to sell some chickens and goats. All day long I kept having to run behind the truck to pull up my UNDERWEAR! Yes. My fecking panties. I would walk around, etc and before I know it, they were off my butt and bunched in the bottom of my jeans crotch. GR! Weird problem to have.

Will be interested to see what the scales say tomorrow after down day. Haven't felt a lot of hunger today, which is just awesome.

My baby cakes is making his DELICIOUS stir fry tomorrow. Um, can I say I am so spoiled to be dating an asian that cooks awesome traditional asian cuisine? He makes egg rolls like you wouldn't believe. Makes them with rice spring roll wrappers too, so really, not all that unprimal

Just in love with the day. Don't mind me.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    LOL, can't wait until I have your weird problem!!

Today was my down day and I seemed a bit hungrier than normal, or rather, I just wanted to eat I guess. Made it through only slightly over my target down day calories, but still have a while before bedtime.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well I'm not sure how I feel about today, after I ate lunch I felt awful! I made http://www.health-bent.com/poultry/paleo-orange-chicken and idk if it was the tamari but my stomach hurt and I feel bloated. Too much sodium i think. So yea I feel like the scale will be up tomorrow which would really suck but I shouldnt be weighing daily anyways so that's my fault. Ive made it before ( its really good!)and felt fine so idk if i felt off cause today is the first day i stopped the whole30. i only did it for 1 week but i think i had everything today that i had been forced to avoid. Bacon of breakfast ,Half and half in my coffee, tamari in my lunch, and for dinner we had burgers on oopsie bread( contains dairy) and 1/2 ounce of cheddar and bacon. Can you tell I missed all those things lol!

Still after all that im only At 1966 cals, so im debating eating that last 100. I'm already at 61 grams of carb so if I do Eat i don't want it to have carbs. I prob won't eat it and then regret it tomorrow lol!.

Off topic I finally got my hands on a copy of Wheat Belly from the library so started reading today.
    Last edited by vlo1125; 04-07-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Ok so weight was 222 this morning, only .2 up after my ud, I can live with that, according to MFP I had almost 4000 mg of sodium yesterday so I think I'm retaining water. Today is dd# 3 which some of you said you've found the hardest so I'm a little nervous. Think I'm taking the same approach as dd#2, have my coffee and cream in the morning and not eating again till dinner. Though dinner will probably be early 5 or 6 pm if I can hold out that long.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    If you are eating low carb you probably need the sodium, just drink more water/fluids.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Okay, wow, I'm down another 1.2 pounds since yesterday. And, that was with no BM for two days, lol. (Sorry for TMI!) So, that's almost 4 pounds since I started UDDD last Saturday.

Yesterday was slightly rougher for a down day than it has been. For some reason, even though I wasn't that hungry, I just wanted to snack all day. I think my calories were probably slightly over 600 for the day (I have to add those bites of things to MFP). Today is an up day.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

congrats!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Doing well here. My dd sometimes creep up a bit calorie-wise, but my ud are much lower than usual--I'm just not as hungry!

just an fyi note here, you can take it or leave it....eating to your limits on your ud has 2 positive effects, it makes your dd more doable and it keeps you from stalling.

Now I have yet to hit my ud limit, but I am not losing either. Today is a dd and I will work hard to keep it below 500. Then tomorrow, I will plan my fat and meals to try to hit my 2200 and see what happens.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    just an fyi note here, you can take it or leave it....eating to your limits on your ud has 2 positive effects, it makes your dd more doable and it keeps you from stalling.

Now I have yet to hit my ud limit, but I am not losing either. Today is a dd and I will work hard to keep it below 500. Then tomorrow, I will plan my fat and meals to try to hit my 2200 and see what happens.
    I am losing just fine, so my n=1 is that I will keep on trusting my hunger over some numbers that can only be general guidelines, anyway.

I only have about 8 pounds of fat left to lose, so it may work differently for me than for someone who has a lot more to lose.