Page 27 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 27

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When I was doing serious ADF (JUDDD), the advice of the plan's developer was NOT to work out on low calorie days. I ate about 350-400 cal on those days, kept my usual schedule of activities, but limited my working out to UDs. I did fine.

I didn't track body fat %s then (or now), but I had been swimming laps for exercise, hurt my shoulders, and moved on to resistance training (2-3X a week). I now how more muscle definition than at any time in my life and "look" a lot leaner than my actual weight.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    I don't know if I have a pattern...I'll have to track that a bit better. I do know that yesterday was [edited because I put the wrong day: DOWN] day and I lost today.
    I'm quoting myself because I originally said it was an up day....the day before I posted this was a down day. But yesterday WAS an up day, and I was down a little bit more this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I feel pretty sure that consistently eating high calories is at least partly why I am 100 pounds over weight.
    Yes me to....most of my coming from Dove chocolate and eating when I wasn't really hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I am considering trying this but had a few concerns, wondering if anyone has been tracking body fat % or muscle mass changes through this approach? Also how did it effect your training?
    This is only my second week, but I did take measurements and body fat % stats so I'll know if there is a change when I recheck. Not sure how often I should recheck those, but my original thought was monthly
    Last edited by 252dlp; 04-07-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: typos--it's too early I guess

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Another 1.8 lbs down this morning! 221.8, I can't tell you how happy this makes me! I was so sick of seeing the scale stuck while my husband lost 30 lbs and I was only at 8 lbs for months! So I'm officially at 11.2 lbs.

Today is an ud , and I'm making breakfast and decided to have two strips of bacon, not whole30 approved but I may ditch it I don't think it's what's helping me lose, that's all thanks to ADF!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Yay Veronica!!!! That's exciting!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Congrats Veronica! That is awesome news!

PB-My sister is doing this we/ me. She is not primal. We both started this week and she decided she wasn't hungry and stayed w/the 500 kc all week and has lost weight. Now she has a significant amt to lose so that may be why. Just an anecdote to add to it. Yesterday was an UP and I lost 1.2 but the scales have been wonky all week so we will see.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried this manifestation of IF yet. I've been playing with Fast-5 over the past few months and have now started Carb Nite cycling. I am thinner than I've been in many years and more visibly muscular. Hello, abs!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I haven't tried this manifestation of IF yet. I've been playing with Fast-5 over the past few months and have now started Carb Nite cycling. I am thinner than I've been in many years and more visibly muscular. Hello, abs!
    So do you consider Fast-5 a success because you are thinner or not because you are now doing Carb Nite cycling?

I just started Carb Nite cycling last week, so it wouldn't have had time to make much effect. I lost 8 pounds doing Fast-5, and I have continued that eating pattern about half the time. I have lost 2 pounds doing carb nite so far, but that's partly just the vlc part of the cycle. I also attribute part of that loss to the fact that I had a protein feast day (not part of the program, just something my body was demanding).

It is my opinion that all intermittent fasting is related in that each program or system recruits the body's same fat loss/muscle gain responses.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    8lb is very impressive. I have read that a 14hr fast was the most effective for women but I have found it easier to do 16+ (not lost any weight on it though I think the long term health benefits of fasting are just as important) . May I ask how long you were doing fast-5 to lose the weight & why you are doing carb nite now?

PrimalCon New York
    In my opinion most of the 8 lb was water, but then it stayed off, representing long-term weight loss. I lost the weight the first few days after starting, and then my weight stabilized at the lower level for a couple of months.

So I wanted to try something different, but I didn't want to get away from intermittent fasting.