Page 26 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 26

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    duplicate. Why does this keep happening? Gr.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    I think in the doco Michael Mosely stated that fasting actually increases your metabolism on non-fast days. Could be a combo of this + perhaps drinking more water on fast days?
    That's a distinct possibility. Also the macros tend to go more toward the EMF on UDs and more lean on DDs. Also perhaps eating a large meal stimulates the digestive system to move things along while a low calorie day means the guts can take a day off. Lots of possibilities.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird~

Did you read the Lyle McDonald article I posted?

Also, given that we women seem to gain & lose water weight at the drop of a hat, I truly wonder why some folks here weigh daily.
    Weekly, maybe, so you can see a trend. Daily weighing would put me in the loony bin, to be honest!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Welp, it happened again. My weight goes up after a DD and down after a UD. Hmm. Starts to make me think the proponents of eating larger quantities all the time may be on to something after all. Hmmm.
    Nah. The two ladies who tried that experiment both gained a fair amount. One mentioned at least 10 lbs!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if I have a pattern...I'll have to track that a bit better. I do know that yesterday was [edited because I put the wrong day: DOWN] day and I lost today.

I'm one of those daily weighers, lol. It's just another tool for me...hasn't been discouraging yet, and if it did I think I'd probably stop. It helps me stay on track actually. Weird, I know, lol.
    Last edited by 252dlp; 04-07-2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: wrong day

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    So far I am the saem after my fast as the days after non-fasts. But I drink a LOT more water on fast days, and have big salads to bulk out my 500 calories, so maybe this is keeping the weight stable?

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Glad morning~ it would be nice to eat regular on sat and Sunday keep us posted how that works for you.

Dd#2 down and was a success , 495 cals,had a banana and then dinner 2 hours later .I really think I like having the bulk of my calories in one meal instead of a spread out. I don't feel crazy hungry before bed like my first dd.

Personally I'm going to eat all my cals on ud because Its what makes the dd tolerable, 2100 isn't very hard to me to reach at all unfortunately.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I feel pretty sure that consistently eating high calories is at least partly why I am 100 pounds over weight. I am slowly coming ro a place where i will be doing a liquid diet on Monday Wednesday and Friday doing VLC on Sun. Tues. Thurs. and Sat. will be a loose day, primal, but eat to satisfaction.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I am considering trying this but had a few concerns, wondering if anyone has been tracking body fat % or muscle mass changes through this approach? Also how did it effect your training?
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-06-2013 at 09:53 PM.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I am considering trying this but had a few concerns, wondering if anyone has been tracking body fat % or muscle mass changes through this approach? Also how did it effect your training?
    Unfortunately not able to track body fat % - I have done 4 fasts, and I must say the energy is low on fast days, I went for a ride and a walk and I am beat. But I have heard it gets better with practice.