Page 24 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 24

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    thanks for the support everyone. I am not quitting, just gonna use this as a learning experience. I am going to go with liquids for my dd's, I will make smoothies and BP teas as needed to get to my 450 calories and try to stay close to the EMF percentages.

Here is the odd thing. My calories were twice what they were supposed to be for a dd, but only half what an ud should be. So I was still pretty well controlled. I essentially maintained my weight though, proof once again CICO does not have a direct link to the scale.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Gladmorning you are superwoman! I quit smoking about 6 years ago but it took a hysterectomy and piles of pain pills to make it happen. And I struggle w/ food all the time.

Veronica, you are doing great! You have to make this work with your life. Socializing is hard and you found a way around tha twithout giving up time with your friends. And congrats on the baby. Bet she is beautiful

Demuralist keep it up! All of this is an ongoing process. We are well on our way!

Some ppl from work asked me if I wanted to go to lunch Monday (it was a teacher work day) and I said no which was really hard because I feel like I struggle to meet people and form a social circle as it is. But it was also my first DD after blowing it on Saturday and I didn't want to screw it up.

Someone (don't remember who) said that their third DD was the worst and I have to agree. I was fine until about 2 and then had the worse headache and could not quit thinking of food. I had a pt to go see after leaving school who was about an hours drive from me. So I was in the car hungry with a major headache and could not for the life of me come up w/ something I could eat. Would love some suggestions for these occasions. I ended up going to publix and getting two fried chicken legs something i have not done in a year. Overall i had around 900 calories yesterday. Sigh.....Then I was stupid enough to get on the scale and it said I gained 4 lbs! Wonder if it was salt? Ohhhh.. I had a diet coke, something I do about once a week. Double sodium. Could that cause a 4 lb gain? Someone tell me that it will go away quickly! I figure even if I eat 2000 today that is still an average of 1500 each day which is my BMR so I know it is not hte end of the world but I need some strategies to prevent from happening again.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    One thing I am learning is that there is not, at least for me, a direct correlation between what I ate yesterday and what my scale says today. I have lost after an ud and gained after a dd. You need to not weigh if the fluctuations are going to bother you. Why not try what Sabine is doing and track on a graph so you can see the downward trend over the long haul as opposed to the little (or big) blips that happen on a day to day basis.

Did you get on the scale last night (my end of day weights can be up to 7 pounds higher than my morning weights)?

So munchies that are nearly free are the good ole stand bys...celery, cukes, pickles (dill), jicama, bell pepper, things like that. I also found yesterday that when I finally popped a piece of gum in my mouth that the chewing was what I needed. I was still looking to eat something even though I was literally stuffed, so I spotted a pack of SF gum and what a difference.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys my ud was good only made it to 2008 cals instead of 2100, but I think that was only cause I had so much running around to do yesterday, trust that I will always eat all of my ud calories otherwise lol! So I weighed 226 on Thursday when I started and today I weigh 223.6 ,2.4 lbs, so it's working! This is also the lowest weight I've seen since my plateau of 2 months at 224! I'm so excited something is finally working!

So today is my dd and also the day I have a friend visiting. I'm making this Crock Pot Chicken a la Criolla | Skinnytaste for dinner with riced cauliflower. I recommend this site for recipes, it's one I used from my weight watcher days but the blogger tends to stick to whole natural ingridients for the most part so it's either already primal or you can omit to make primal. But I think its helpful cause she tries to keep everything low cal, perfect for a dd! I just had my coffee with coconut milk and then I won't eat again till dinner, though even adding an ounce of avocado to my dinner it's seems my cals will only total to 366, good to know I can probably eat something in between for 134 cals if I need to! I might do the broth with butter some of you seem to like. Ok gotta clean my house like a mad woman!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm noticing a pattern in my weight fluctuations......... could use some input (I'll post this on some other threads as well). I am finding after a day of higher carbs.......... (80-120 grams) my weight is lower. Example: Yesterday I had 120 carbs and today my weight is down 3.2 pounds from yesterday morning. The day before that I was really high on carbs - about 200 and my weight was down a pound from the day before.

I'm thinking I might be needing higher carbs in order to let go of the water weight. Now I'm NOT saying I need to eat higher carb to lose FAT............ I'm just saying I'm noticing that the water weight lets go after a higher carb day. So what I'm thinking is that when I notice a jump in weight over night - if I have a higher carb day it might just let it go I'm going to do a bit more tracking in this and see if my theory pans out.

Anyway - yesterday I weighed 185.2 and today I'm 182. Yesterday I ate a sweet potato and ice cream............ go figure.

Any opinions?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Ok so far with dd #2 I'm noticing the hunger not as bad as the first dd but man do I have a killer headache! I took some Aleve just now. I hate being hungry because I hate hunger headaches, once you get one not even eating helps them go away. Blah!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    thanks for the support everyone. I am not quitting, just gonna use this as a learning experience. I am going to go with liquids for my dd's, I will make smoothies and BP teas as needed to get to my 450 calories and try to stay close to the EMF percentages.
    I just read this. I want to make sure you know that my "Eat Real Food" comment on the EMF thread was not aimed at you. It was about people using BPCs etc. to try and reach their fat percentages. I think liquids on a DD for an ADF program is a very viable idea.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Okay, so I have purchased this book, and it is on its way - but would like to start this tomorrow.

If I have got this right DD is ideally Mon, Weds, Fri and UP days can be Tues, thurs, Sat and Sun?

I have gone on Dr J's website and input my details and it says Up days: 3400 Down days: 688

I don't think I can eat that much on Up days, especially as I have been doing EMF...

Does anyone eat underneath their alloted calories and still lose weight.....

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating under mine. The site says that I should eat 1904 calories on my up days, but I haven't been hungry enough to get that many in yet. And I think you don't have to have set days, you can if you want, but you can also just rotate. Last week my down days were Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but this coming week they will be Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am definitely eating under mine. I don't weigh in order to track (never have, never will!)

My waist has gone down 1/2" in just over a week.