Page 23 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 23

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My opinion - some people just don't want to put forth the effort that it takes to make this sort of change in their lives. I mean - think about it - we've been eating PB&J since we could figure out how to mash it between our little gums! A lifetime of eating wheats and sugars and something that comes from a box or a can or from the frozen food isle. Changing to a primal/paleo diet is a big freakin thing and some people just can't wrap their brains around it.

"What? NO BREAD? what will I eat?" cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and pizza or pasta or rice for dinner. If they can't imagine eating meat and veggies only - then they just can't make this kind of a change.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Yeah...

I guess just coming from a person who has quit smoking, drinking, wheat and sugar in the course of 6 months.... Im a little predjudice!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You're a very strong and determined woman - thats what you are! There must have been something that motivated you to make those enormous changes in your life!!! Trouble with most people ......... they are so used to feeling sick, tired and hurting that they don't realize they could live without it just by making a few changes.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    We are bombarded by messages to the effect that we are helpless to make changes in our lives, and surrounded by people who have bought it hook, line, and sinker. The establishment does not want people to figure out what works for them. That's not where the money is.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Yeah...

I guess just coming from a person who has quit smoking, drinking, wheat and sugar in the course of 6 months.... Im a little predjudice!
    That is fantastic!! I wouldn't have any hair left... or a DH either probably
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sweet of you to say, Tomi. Just my frustration coming out for the day.

My realization was... I was living what I was preaching. I have my farm and I talk local, ethically grown food and healthy living, but *I* wasnt living it. So I started making some changes. Primal eating was the last one. I used to go drinking every weekend. I never smoked a lot, but did so all the same. I stopped all of that and then changed to primal. I think was ekatherine said is right on the money. People don't want to think they CAN take responsibility for themselves. Some how, we've become invalids. It's angering.

Im just glad ya'll understand where Im coming from.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I understand exactly.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    All right I just did not have a successful dd today. But it was a great learning experience. A high carb ud even if it is reasonable in total calories does not lead to an easy dd. i am thinking that i may make my dds straight fluids, not calorie free just no food. Today it felt like i was doing very well until I put food in my mouth. Then I could not seem to stop.

Sorry this makes me sound like a wimp after you read about gladmorning quitting all those things. I did quit smoking over 20 years ago though so I should get some credit for that. I was also a vegetarian (admittedly ill advised) for over 10 years. So I know I am capable, just gotta get the combo right.

N UOY
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally600 View Post
    I did this for about 6 weeks last fall. Very harsh and unhealthy.
    Did you not read the first post? Or the thread title? This is support and chat. Don't come here with that crap, please.

Chris, you're not a wimp! So what if it wasnt a successful dd. Know how many times I "quit" smoking or went on a diet? About a kadrillion. You are a rock star. Just keep going. Yesterday doesnt matter anymore. Only today.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So at the end of my first week on UDDD, I am happy to report that I am down 2.2 pounds total for the week. That is more of a chunk in one week than I've lost in a couple of years in a single week. Very happy. And, what I'm really loving about this is that I really can eat much less than I think I need and be healthy, happy and functional. My three work day down days weren't horrible as I've experienced in the past, and I'm not as hungry on my up days so I'm not eating any more than I was when doing only EMF. I'm still following the EMF principles on my up days, but relaxing slightly on down days (but not by much). I'm averaging about 550 calories on down days and around 1500 on up days. I'm so hoping to get past the "need" to eat when I really DON'T need to, and I think this is helping me figure it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Today it felt like i was doing very well until I put food in my mouth. Then I could not seem to stop.
    Yes, my first down day was like that. I did very well until I ate something, THEN I was hungry after, lol. Yesterday was not such a great down day for me either. I was hungry towards bedtime so I decided to have a little snack.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter