Page 22 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 22

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Hey Veronica~
    Congrats on being a new "auntie"!

I wouldn't worry about whether you restart with an ud or dd. Just see how you feel on Monday & choose then (if that makes sense to you?)

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Or a plain salad.

This is important. You can work other things around it. We don't have to drop everything and feast for social occasions.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good article, Dragonfly.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    No ,it's her and her fiancÚ , and when we get together it tends to be for the day( since they live so far they have to stay out here) so at some point they will need to eat, either I cook something at my house or we go out to eat. Neither appealing if I've only got 500 calories to use. Sigh I can see how this would get difficult if you have any kind of a social life. Not to mention I'm still doing the whole 30 which greatly diminishes my options if we got out to eat. Maybe I should do a dd tomorrow but do like 700 cals and then adjust my ud to 1900 cals. Then I can just cook something for everyone to eat that fits my guidelines. Yea I think that's what I'll do to make it easier on myself.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Can't wait to see the baby later today!
    Last edited by vlo1125; 04-05-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Well my night/morning was interesting!
    Congratulations, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Or a plain salad.

This is important. You can work other things around it. We don't have to drop everything and feast for social occasions.
    I agreed. My friends are so used to me eating differently for one reason or another that when the server comes to our table THEY tell her what I can and can't eat, lol. I picke the closest thing to what I can eat and take it from there.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    So far I've only had 838 cals today, crazy busy running my daughter around to school then ballet. But I finally went to Panera to try that "hidden menu" the has like 6 paleo options. I had the power Mediterranean roasted turkey salad and FYI completely primal and only 320 cals/21 g fat /22 g protein/12 carbs so totally an option if you needed to eat out on a dd. nice to have an option when u are out an about and didn't bring anything with you.

I asked my friend I she minded coming to my house and I'd cook dinner and she was totally fine with it. So I'm gonna try super hard to stick to my 500 calories and just eat one meal tomorrow we shall see...
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good plan, to have her come to you. I hope it works out just as you like. I don't know if you do artificial sweeteners, but a sugar-free gelatin dessert can give you some volume to eat without many calories.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Good plan, to have her come to you. I hope it works out just as you like. I don't know if you do artificial sweeteners, but a sugar-free gelatin dessert can give you some volume to eat without many calories.
    There was a time when I made gelatin dessert with water, artificial sweetening, and vanilla. I recall it was kind of filling if a little bland.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    DD is going well. Had a nibble of cantaloupe the size of my thumb nail and my coffee and milk. 200 cals at best. Feeling very hungry at the moment, but nothing I cannot handle. I feel like every down day I get a little more hungry. They haven't been HARD, so to speak, but I definitely feel more hungry today than all the other down days. After yesterday's UD, I was the exact same weight at the day before. I'm still angry about my scale being off, but at least I know this one is exact.

I want to share a rant with ya'll. This is not targeting anyone here... or really... anyone at all.

I work in a bakery. I bake all those delicious treats, pastries, breads and whatever all day long. I have this shit shoved in my face every day. When I try to talk to someone about primal and they say, oh I just can't give up my "xyz" I don't have enough will power... I really REALLY freakin' pissed off. I mean... *I* do it every single day. It was really hard at first. My weakness was the garlic bread. When it bakes, it still makes me salivate. So, when people say they just can't do it, it makes me mad. If I can do it, anyone can. End Rant.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    When it bakes, it still makes me salivate. So, when people say they just can't do it, it makes me mad. If I can do it, anyone can. End Rant.
    oh gosh, that would be a tough one for me! ha. I am okay so long as I dont bake it or buy it.

This is my understanding - that for some people wheat is as addictive as heroin, smoking, etc. So when they say they can't give it up, it really is just like a drug and they really can't give it up just like that. I get mad at my sister and my daughter for smoking, with as much research that is out there, but I know it is hard for them to quit and they have tried 100 times. I will be really mad when they get sick and die, so that is why I never give up preaching to them. Well I did quit preaching to them for awhile, because I knew I was no better with my weight and my health. So when I started on my journey and making progress, I started preaching to them again

Anyways, I have to remember it is a battle for them also, whatever their addiction. It is just that with wheat, they don't even realize it is an addiction or a problem.

And I could be off my rocker also. That might be too much wheat belly. I havent really read it first hand, that is all second hand info as I understand it
    Last edited by gopintos; 04-05-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey