Page 21 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 21

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am finagaling a social challenge this evening. It is my Down day, but I have no desire to tell my friends what I am doing. So, I am showing up late to our gathering, having 'already eaten'.

Challenge for tomorrow is that I will be on a Girl Scout camping trip. An Up Day, but I want to stay low-carb, so I have decided to buy a rotisserie chicken, and bring the whole thing for noshing on. Plus some cheese and veggies.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Your plan for both days sounds very good Sabine!

Today is my down day as well. I've also finally lost the couple of pounds of water weight and plus some, so I am at a new low of 176. I am SOOOOO hoping I can break that 176 barrier tomorrow, lol.

I'm also going a little higher than I should on down days (averaging around 550 calories) and am also not very hungry on up days where I'm averaging right around 1500 calories...so that's only an average of slightly more than 1000 calories per day.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ok, well somehow I had stopped following this thread and am way behind. So I am skipping and just going from here...

I really just started doing this full time on the 1st of this month, so I am no expert. But for me, it is much easier to do the dd's on my work days. I only work 4 days a week, so I am going to do my dd's every Wednesday and Friday, and alternate the 3rd dd on either Sunday or Monday. And instead of then doing 2 ud's in a row one of those will be a moderate day.

For me the dd was easiest when my ud was not a carb fest. I actually am finding that keeping close to my macro percentages from the EMF experiment on both ud's and dd's is easiest on the hunger issue. So I shoot for close to 70% fat, 20% protein, 10% carbs.

The pattern I am establishing on my dd is to have a cup of green tea first thing in the morning, then a smoothie for "breakfast". I drink a 50oz bottle of water with ACV for the rest of the morning, then homemade bone broth, with a bouillon cube, 1/2T butter, and some salt (with the low carb I crave the salt) for "lunch", then another 50oz bottle of the ACV water in the afternoon. For dinner I have some calorically cheap veggie (cabbage or cukes) and some konjac noodles with some kind of "sauce" (nutbutter or coconut oil), to increase the fat and taste factor.

For me, any time I get close to low-fat is when I feel like I am dieting and then feel deprived, and then tend to shovel food into my mouth.

I am certain I can follow some version of 4:3 or 5:2 for the rest of my life, I will just shift the dds to suit my needs.

And I am enjoying the ADF I actually feel really good at the end of the day.

and my daily weights do not seem to be directly related to whether or not it was an ud or a dd the day before, but I am seeing a downward trend.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm starting full on with the UDDD and today is DD. I did 4 days of very low calorie and didn't see any movement on the scale - so obviously that won't help anything. Yesterday I had a very high carb day and ate some stuff that I shouldn't have. Ice cream being the biggest offense.

I'm back on track now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I HAVE got to learn how to put pictures on the forum. I would love to post one of my weight charts. I think the patterns are very heartening and interesting.

I know in the book, Dr. Johnson recommends NOT weighing every day, and most diet 'experts' suggest that once a week is better, but now that I have a month plus of numbers, I am finding that the impact of any day's particular number is not affecting me very much, but I LOVE looking at the downward slope of the whole month. I think four separate numbers for the month, wouldn't be as impressive for me. Seeing that any little jump up is countered with further jumps down, is very freeing in a way.

Just discovered angel-hair cabbage shreds at my grocery. I know it is not that hard to slice cabbage, but... I like it. Seems like a great convenience, especially on Down Days.

I'm cooking up a batch of poultry broth in my crockpot, and am going to add a cup of it to my Down Day routine on Sunday. The house smells great.

Demuralist- did you watch the PBS documentary on 5:2 fasting?

Oops- double post.
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-05-2013 at 08:16 AM. Reason: self-evident

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    no, I have not had a chance to see that yet. I will not be moving to 5:2 until maintenance though, and that is about a 100 pounds away. I am going to try to catch it on Monday.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well my night/morning was interesting! I took a melatonin last night so the hunger wouldn't keep me awake go to sleep about 10:30, my phone rings at midnight jarring me from sleep almost giving me a heart attack! My best friend went into labor and needed me to come stay at her house while her 3 year old was asleep. So I rush over there and it take me hours to fall back asleep and then I woke at 6am. So maybe 2 hours of sleep. Then it's my ud but I'm stuck at someone else's house with none of my primal food and forgot my thyroid meds to boot( you can't eat till an hour after thyroid meds) so I had to wait for the kid to wake up, get him ready to go to his daycare, they actually had no food in the house so I took him to my house first to give him breakfast and take my meds. Then took him to daycare and came back home and FINALLY got to eat! Had eggs, avocado and prosciutto, about 500 cals. It's a girl by the way

THEN I get a text from another friend whose going to be in town tomorrow and wants to get together which inevitably means going out to eat, BUT tomorrow is my dd! Blah! So I'm thinking of just eating 1285 cals today and tomorrow instead of doing a down day, but then how do I get back on track? Saturday is supposed to be my dd and Sunday ud, if they are both 1285 calories then what should my Monday be a dd or ud? I'm so confused! Also I'm annoyed that I had such a high calorie breakfast since now I only have 765 calories left for today. Sigh I swear my life is never this exciting but of course the week I'm trying something new I'm popular all the sudden lol!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Must getting together be for a meal? How about coffee/tea? Or a walk in the...nope, whoops, just saw you were in Illinois! But coffee/tea can be stretched over a nice long, chat, and even if she has pastry to go with it, YOU don't need to.