Page 20 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 20

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welcome Veronica! On up days i don't try to eat to the calories they say, I just eat until I'm satisfied. If I'm hungry I'll eat, but otherwise I don't try to get them all in.

I've only done 3 down days, the first was easy, the second was harder, and yesterday had my third down day, and it was much easier. I've been trying to divide my calories into two "meals", one small one while at work, and one slightly larger at home.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Woo Hoo! Up day. New scale reflected 277 this morning- so even thought my other scale was off, and I never got to 275, it's ok. I'll get there for real.

Up day today. Tried having breakfast before my early shift today- didn't really work out. Food doesn't sit well with me that early in the morning. Got home from work today and made breakfast for lunch. 158g of potato made in olive oil, 1.5 oz of sausage, 2 bacon strips and 2 eggs. I ate it ALL NOM NOM NOM Up day.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I started again on Monday. 500 on DD and 2000 on UP. As of this morning I had lost 6 lbs! I was really surprised. So far it has been fairly easy, though today (an UD) I have been hungrier. I just finished a steak and potato and still feel hungry. This is the first time this week I have been really hungry. Amazingly on my DD I have not been obsessing about food. And I always obsess about food. Literally, when I wake up in the morning and think about my day what I am going to eat is very prominent in my thoughts/plans. If this cures that obsession I would be amazed and oh so very grateful.

My sister is doing this as well, though she is not eating primal despite my best efforts. She has lost 6 lbs as well. I love this!

Hopefully this hunger feeling will go away before tomorrow as I have a long day ahead fo me. I started my second job last night and while I am excited about it it can make for a long day.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Val- that's great news. Keep going with it. I'm glad to hear of your awesome loss!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Oooohhh, a good day all around then! Today is an up day for me as well...but really wasn't hungry much. Love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Woo Hoo! Up day. New scale reflected 277 this morning- so even thought my other scale was off, and I never got to 275, it's ok. I'll get there for real.
    Yay!!! Your 'breakfast' sounds yummy!!! I often have breakfast at dinner, and I've been known to eat dinner at breakfast, lol. Funny about Primal/EMF/JUDDD....I used to be a morning eater. I'd wake up famished and could eat just about anything but since starting Primal in February and especially after EMF and now JUDDD, I am just not hungry in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    As of this morning I had lost 6 lbs! I was really surprised. So far it has been fairly easy, though today (an UD) I have been hungrier.
    Congratulations to you and your sister!!! Six pounds is great! I have days when I am hungrier than others...haven't quite figured out if there is a cause/effect thing going on or if it's just a natural body cycle thing.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    First dd completed, I have to say that I'm most definitely hungry but it's not too horrible. Can't say I'm not looking forward to tomorrow though! On my next dd I'm going to eat my 424 calories in one meal to see if I like that better. I'm kinda scared to go to bed, I feel like my hunger is going to keep me awake, ill probably take a melatonin just in case.

Couldn't I also just eat 2000 on my ud and 500 on my dd? I wonder why the juuddd calc splits it up to 2144 and 424 instead?
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Those numbers are just guidelines............... do what works for you
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I'm finding myself not very hungry on my ud...and then eating a tiny bit more than I "should" on my dd (like 800 calories.) It's all probably averaging out the same, and I am seeing good results, but don't want to fall into eating more than I realize.

Tomorrow is a dd and I will just do water, tea with cream, and bone broth. Eating solid food seems to make me want to eat more on my dd.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Okay - I'm going back to straight UDDD -- cuz this n=1 isn't working for me. I'm getting tooooo hungry. Tomorrow............ dd.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree dragonfly, after I ate my eggs earlier today I was ravenous, two hours later fine. I was super hungry before my zucchini noodle dinner and felt satiated for about 20 mins after and now my stomach is growling angrily! Almost seems better to go without. Ill probably like just eating 1 late meal on my dd but we shall see. I foresee going to bed early on dd's just so tomorrow comes sooner lol!

Tomi I didn't know if there was some scientific method to those numbers or what, good to know I can mess with it a little essentially for me,over the course of a week I'm consuming 1284 calories per "day" so I see why this works for people. That's a much bigger calorie deficit than I've been eating so I really hope it works for me. Plus that whole SIRT1 if that works too. Really really crossing my fingers!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy